Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 3:28:32 PM EDT
I tried a small sample of some recently without my girlfriend knowing.  She had a very nice :) positive reaction and even said I smelled like "a man".  I used the stuff straight and to me it smells like crotch sweat.  I hear I was supposed to mix it with cologne.  Anyone else try this stuff?

San Francisco -- San Francisco State University researchers say a study announced this week shows that women who use pheromones-laced perfume are more sexually attractive to men than those who do not.

Pheromones are a naturally occurring substance secreted by the body that changes the reproductive behavior of another person, research author and psychology professor Norma McCoy said. Perfume retailers claim to use pheromones in their products for this reason but McCoy said her study is the first to offer scientific proof of the results.

"This is not a smell one can detect, neither the man nor the woman is aware of it, but it's very powerful,'' she said.

McCoy studied 36 SFSU students, who were all heterosexual, not living with boyfriends or husbands and between 19 and 48-years-old, for 14 weeks in 2000. Researchers produced 17 vials of clear placebo liquid and 19 vials of clear liquid laced with pheromones and handed them out randomly to their subjects, who dumped them into two ounce bottles of perfume.

Thirty-four different perfumes were used in the study and the subjects applied theirs below their noses, on their cheeks and behind their ears at least once every other day and then recorded daily results of a seven-question survey.

Seventy-four percent of those wearing the pheromones-laced perfume recorded an increase in partner-based sexual behavior, such as formal dates and sexual intercourse, while only 23 percent of the placebo perfume subjects recorded an increase in partner-based contact.

Non-intimate behaviors, such as the number of times men approached them, did not increase, McCoy said, but partner-based activities increased for the pheromones-laced subjects.

"This is a biological signal to a man that suggests that this woman can reproduce and he responds with romantic behavior related to securing intimate relations with her,'' she said.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2002/03/23/sexsmells.DTL
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, where does one get this stuff?

I need all the help that I can get!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok, where does one get this stuff?

I need all the help that I can get!!
View Quote

You will normally find em in the back of Playboy of Penthouse. At least that's what I hear. Anyways I bought some of these phermone crap way back when. It was already in cologne. Aluminum container. Can't think of the name now. This crap did not work. I did better without it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw that stuff :)
Fresh out of the shower, use your grandfather's brand of aftershave, dab some Hoppe's #9 behind your ears, wear something made from real leather (for instance a leather jacket exposed to lots of tobacco, especially pipe, smoke), and possibly some motor oil residue....and you'll need a stick to chase the girls away :)
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
These things are supposed to be species specific.  So, a deer pheromone only works on deer, not on humans.  My understanding was no one was actually using real human pheronomes.

Then, again, what do I know?  I don't keep up with this stuff.  I'm too tired most of the time, and I have this awful ache in the small of my back. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Osprey 21 how did you make the whoremoan, by refusing to pay her. HEHEHE it's old, but what the hell.
    [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p64f8a507ad4e58b97737e53d73a87ec2/fe21b996.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
If it only gets a better response from womenz you are already having a relationship with then who the hell cares?  What is needed is some good bait for the womenz you dont have a relationship with.

Ah well so pheremones are crap. I am married so why would I need a better reaction? I have already figured out what makes kids![;)]

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Mushrooms?

Oh yeah...did a lot of reading before I harvested my own but man what a trip.........they grow in cow doodie ya know?

Sorry...........you said pheromones.

The Tecate speaks
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Just watch out for the dobermans trying to hump you leg. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
is using this stuff without telling people ethical? I've always had my doubts ethically about these phermones. Assuming that they work, wouldn't it be unethical to be using this stuff on people without their consent or knowledge? How would you like it if some butt ugly chick decided to really indulge in the phermones?

Second, how is this different from getting them drunk to make you seem more attractive to them? (ethically speaking)
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
it is only unethical if you use pre-ban pheromones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top