User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 2:03:13 PM EDT
With this Ohio weather!

For the past 5 months on every freaking Saturday and Sunday it's either;

Windy/Cold
Windy/raining
Windy/snowing/cold

I'm not talking no little breeeeze either, I mean WINDy like will blow all your stuff all over hell.

It's a little tough to shoot when you live in the shittiest weather on the planet. I even have my OWN range and I can't even use it!

I'm ready to move.

We Ohioans are also one of the FEW states that will never get concealed carry either.

The "Heart of it All" my ARSE!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Just be glad you don't live in SC. Nice and warm with no wind one day, cold as hell with winds howling the next. I wish the "gubment" would knock it off with the damn weather experiments.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You got that right Coltshooter. I've been wanting to do some blastin for quite awhile, but I'll be damned if I'll stand out in this shitty weather. Kinda hard to load magazines and pull the trigger with heavy gloves on.On top of that you need knee high boots on to walk down range to set up target because of the water and mud.I'm planning on moving down south within the next 3 years to get away.As to the concealed carry. Theres always a chance no matter how slim. What part of the state are you in? I'm in Ashtabula. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree Coltshooter......was at the range today just north of Marion and the cross wind was bad as Hell.......reminds me of my day in Kansas........flat as a board.....and if you move let me know.....i need my OWN range..the 30 mile drive sucks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Coltshooter,
all you have to do is move one state to the west of you and all your problems will go away.
It never drops below 72 degrees and most of the time it's only windy at night.  

I just mowed the grass and put the steaks on the grill, the watermellon has just been picked and the tomatoes straight from the garden are sweet and jucy.  I love Indiana weather, I  would never move, it's just to beautiful here.[8D]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm 20 miles due west of Dayton. I bought a farm 2 years ago and built me a nice range on it.

I've got; 300 yd.
         200 yd
         125 yd
         70  yd
These are all Permanent backstops.

Then I have an area where i can set up as many target stands as I want to practice IPSC or IDPA style shooting. I also have a field where I do clays, trap & skeet. I also have an area for archery where I keep it mowed so you can find a lost arrow if need be. Additionally, I have about 4 acres of woods around both sides of a creek that makes an awesome paintball battlefield.

Now, if I could just pick all this up and move it to a gun friendly, WARM, NOT WINDY ASS state I'd be very happy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
... look at it this way, when you'll be basking in mild 75F temps like we are now we'll be baking in 110F ovens.

woohoo
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel your pain man, I'm up around Toledo and the wind has been blowing to beat all hell for the last couple of days. I was hopeing to get out to shoot tomarrow, but it doesn't look good.

The good news is that CCW did just pass the house and likely will pass the Senate also. Of course, the real test is if it will get past Taft. I really like the man, but he's going to force me to vote aganst him if he vetos this...
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Steamy-Windows

My in-laws live in Ft. Wayne Indiana and I have been there many times.  I feel your pain and I recognize your sarcasm.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
You have your own range, and you're complaining?  Geez.z
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just be glad you don't live in SC. Nice and warm with no wind one day, cold as hell with winds howling the next. I wish the "gubment" would knock it off with the damn weather experiments.
View Quote

Wensday was a nice warm day.. friday? freezing!
lets hope no more snowstorms this year. The state budget cant clean up any more accidents... 900 the first day of the last storm.  Crazy southerners, most of them have no clue how to drive in snow. You do [b]not[/b] do 40 around S - curves that can be taken by the average midrange sportscar at 60 on a dry day. you slow to 15-20. But some lunatic in a white acura didnt get that idea... managed to overturn his car by bouncing off a hill on the side of the road... okay angled wall. he lived. his car was totaled. more X-Ricer tinfoil.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Poor bastards, I've been wearing nothing but tee-shirts outside since December.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:09:44 AM EDT
[#13]
as a former (left when i was 17, joined the Navy & been on the go since) NE Ohio'an, (Hall of Fame Town), i do not miss that place at all, after retiring from the Navy i threw an oar over my shoulder & started walking inland, when someone asked what i was carrying..., i stopped & made my home......, it just happened to be in the middle of the desert...., but it don't snow here, there is a breeze, & the heat has never stopped me from popping off a few rounds !!!

being in the middle of the desert is paradise !!! especially when at this tyme of year ya can go out & pick a few fresh oranges & tangerines......, yupppppp!! thats why i love the desert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top