Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 12:38:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
If it were me, I would walk up to the mag guy, show a copy of the 2nd Amendment and buy as many $12 mags as I wanted.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Now i don't see a problem just go into law enforcement and show some ID and stock up then
quit; problem solved. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If it were me, I would walk up to the mag guy, show a copy of the 2nd Amendment and buy as many $12 mags as I wanted.
View Quote

What does the 2nd Amendment have to say about $12 mags?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
ask him if he will see the spings, bodies and followers. go home and use your floor plate on them and there you go. completely legal rebuilds[:D]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Same crap here at the last gun show. Prebans any model TIRED&USED $1,400 on up. N.I.B. LEO ONLY Bushmaster M4 $775! [puke]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As I stood there I watched a guy walk up and show a police ID and walk away with 4 of the brand new $12 mags. What a crock of shit. These gun laws are absolutely asinine.
View Quote

Should've asked him to sell you some, too.  He was already breaking the law by selling to the LEO and not requiring a letter on department stationary.

Cop broke the law, too, but I guess our lords and masters can't be bothered with obeying the law, just enforcing it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
You know what pisses me off? My friend who is a PA Trooper can buy LEO hicap mags for guns that are not issued him buy the state and he's not even allowed to use on duty. That is  bs. I can see offical duty guns, but any fucking gun he wants ? Guns that he can't carry on duty ? He says its becuase if he goes to court for work and wants to carry concealed he may want to use a different gun other then his duty pistol.

Funny sidebar is that his duty pistol only holds 10 rounds (Berretta 96).
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Come on people - you're missing the obvious!

Just get Sarah Brady to buy them for you.

Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#12]
originally posted by IAM_NAKID
Now i don't see a problem just go into law enforcement and show some ID and stock up then
quit; problem solved.

That wont work, once you cease to be an LEO, you must sell the mags per ATF rules.

There are those that bring up being "willed" the mags by your dept when you retire, and I doubt you would ever be arrested.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Come on people - you're missing the obvious!

Just get Sarah Brady to buy them for you.

View Quote

ladies ans Gents,

We have a winner.  Any state, delivered to your door. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What does the 2nd Amendment have to say about $12 mags?
View Quote

And what does the 1st Amendment have to say about the internet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know what pisses me off? My friend who is a PA Trooper can buy LEO hicap mags for guns that are not issued him buy the state and he's not even allowed to use on duty. That is  bs. I can see offical duty guns, but any fucking gun he wants ? Guns that he can't carry on duty ? He says its becuase if he goes to court for work and wants to carry concealed he may want to use a different gun other then his duty pistol.

Funny sidebar is that his duty pistol only holds 10 rounds (Berretta 96).
View Quote

As I understand it, not even cops can carry in the courtroom.
View Quote

Maybe not in TX but in PA they can.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Cops can carry in the courtroom in Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top