Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 10:26:46 AM EDT
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/69460f7f/bc/Helo+pics/__hr_helo+pic+1.jpg?bcClR78AqnWaW8Jj[/img]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
that is a russian hind-d mi 17 , very cool
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
that is a russian hind-d mi 17 , very cool
View Quote

Actually, it's not an Mi-17 (Hip), but an Mi-24 (Hind)(Aka the Mi-25 or Mi-35 if you prefer...they all are virtually the same helo)
One of the few Russkie items that I actually admire.
Link to the '24: [url] www.airforce-technology.com/projects/hind [/url]
Link to the Hip (aka Mi-8): [url]http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi8t/ [/url]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Ironically, the US now has the largest fleet of OPERATIONAL Hind's outside of Russia.  Picked them up at a real bargain and they're in serious use at the NTC and JTC.  Only the US has the resources to keep these things flying, and our operational % is GREATER than Russia.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen a number of photos of this helicopter. Some are at [url]ehowa.com[/url].   It's a VERY cool paint job, beyond a doubt.   I wonder what the story is behind it?  

CJ
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]

PitViper:
One of the few Russkie items that I actually admire.
View Quote

Hey, Mr. Sikorsky was a Russkie item too. [;)]

Imagine the world, had stayed there! [BD]
[i](Even Hiller cut his teeth working for Ivan...) [/i]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
... Several years ago the Army had one flown in for us to compare next to our attack helicopter.

... It was the proverbial "bucket of bolts" but it could serve it's mission just fine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to see a custom paint job done on an AH64 in a cheetah pattern. That would be cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top