Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 9:37:53 AM EDT
I HATE it when a seller backs out and sells them to someone else, after you have confirmed the sale!!!

BASTARDS!!

Had a confirmed deal for 100 NIW USGI 30 rounders for 1500. Confirmed the sale last night.. Get an email today saying "Sorry, I sold them to someone else last night

Thanks"

What a prick

sorry wanted to rant.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever happened to the concept of 'A mans word'?
What a shithead.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Name of seller?

If he was running the sale on the EE, he can't use the OBO bullshit because that sets up an "auction" atmoshpere.  If he did something like that we should know who did it so that we know not to deal with him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
He wasn't on the EquipExchange, but Subguns.com
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same thing happen. The guy e-mailed me bad and said I was the 1st to get the mags (3 FML Glock 20 10mm for $315 SHIPPED!) I e-mail back to confirm and he mails me back and says he got his e-mails "mixed-up" and I wasn't the 1st! Sure buddy! My guess is that someone mailed him and offered more after I had already responed first.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#7]
SorryOciffer:
I had the same thing happen. The guy e-mailed me bad and said I was the 1st to get the mags (3 FML Glock 20 10mm for $315 SHIPPED!) I e-mail back to confirm and he mails me back and says he got his e-mails "mixed-up" and I wasn't the 1st! Sure buddy! My guess is that someone mailed him and offered more after I had already responed first.

BrenLover
View Quote

Just curious, what would a NIB 20 w 2 factory hi-caps be worth to you (I mean [b]NEVER[/b] opened since the day it was purchased in 2000)?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just curious, what would a NIB 20 w 2 factory hi-caps be worth to you (I mean [b]NEVER[/b] opened since the day it was purchased in 2000)?
View Quote

The pistol being new should have a value of at least $380-420 and the two hi-caps are worth at least $100 ea. for NDF & $130+ if they're the FML/DF variant.

Quoted:
I HATE it when a seller backs out and sells them to someone else, after you have confirmed the sale!!!
View Quote

Yes, it does suck!!  That's why if it happens here I hope you guys will let us EE moderators or Staff know about it ASAP!  Same goes if somebody has a set price or a price w/ 'OBO' [i](or best offer)[/i] and then tries to ratchet up the bids above his posted asking price let us know!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Sue him for what? Buyer here didn't lose any money or anything else, other than an opportunity to buy. Yes, it is a binding contract once it is offered by seller and accepted by buyer, but I really doubt you'd get any more than the difference between the contract price and what you had to pay to get them from somewhere else. It's a contract, but the measure of damages you could get would be very minimal.
Contract law is not punitive, and in this case I can see no reason why a court would order specific performance of the contract, as these mags are widely available.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

BASTARDS!!

Had a confirmed deal for 100 NIW USGI 30 rounders for 1500. Confirmed the sale last night.. Get an email today saying "Sorry, I sold them to someone else last night

Thanks"

What a prick

sorry wanted to rant.
View Quote

Yeah, I hate that too, but even worse, are the assholes who post smartass remarks when someone is selling something they have no intention to buy. Especially when they don't know WTF they are talking about!!  [flame]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a good place for you guys to blow off steam...[:D]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=99007[/url]

*Edited to fix link*
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Name of seller?

If he was running the sale on the EE, he can't use the OBO bullshit because that sets up an "auction" atmoshpere.  If he did something like that we should know who did it so that we know not to deal with him.
View Quote

This coming from the guy who posts a link to his own Beta-C auction on Ebay...[:D]

(No flame intended at all)
(Just bustin your chops)[:D]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html/?id=99007[/url]
View Quote

Hey ART, yer link is dead....or is that the point??  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html/?id=99007[/url]
View Quote

Hey ART, yer link is dead....or is that the point??  [;)]
View Quote

...Fixed it...
I had one too many " / "
Had it between the "html" and the "?"

These damn computers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top