Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 6:08:52 AM EDT
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) today is requesting that the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms investigate whether a gun purchase, acknowledged by gun control advocate Sarah Brady in her newly-released autobiography, violated state and federal gun laws.

[url]http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/first/0322-128.html[/url]

So, what will be the result of this "alleged" criminal act?

Why the heck did Brady put that in a book?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The FFL loses license and goes to federal prison.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The FFL loses license and goes to federal prison.
View Quote

The FFL is not responsible for false statements on the 4473--the buyer is.

Edit:  She broke no Federal law, as the story reported.  She apparently broke a State law, which mirrors the Brady Law, but has no "gift purchase" provision, and she did not reveal that she was making the purchase for another (her son).  ATF, therefore, has no jurisdiction in this matter, so I answered "they will do nothing" to the poll.
View Quote

Agreed that is why I voted the ATF will do nothing, it isnt their game this time. Besides they dont like kicking down the doors in the suburbs as much as out in the middle of the boonies where they have much less accountability for shooting people.

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Who should this be taken up with then?

The Delaware SBI? The State Police?

Robby
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I can only hope she gets her butt kicked!!!!!!!

I doubt she will. [50]

This is one of the best talking points you could EVER find.  Sarah did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! [beer]

Use it and keep shouting it,  Thump them with it every time any of the obsurd morons pulls those stupid oxymorons.  Just ask them why did Sarah buy the gun for her son?

Slap them hard with it every time, [rail] NO let up.

We need to find out who the gundealer is and send him our thanks, he has just done us a BIG favor.

Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
BlT
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I think she's untouchable. "Icons" don't get the same treatment as the rest. An exception will be made. Nothing will be done about it. Also, the fact that she's been dignosed with cancer will only enhance the sympathy factor.

Sometime down the road, someone else will do the same, and the book will get thrown at them. Count on it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Those who make law always write themselves above it. Remember Candy Lighner from MADD mothers?
E. Pluribus Uterus
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]

And the answer is... Even if she would have broken a federal law they would do nothing to
her. Not in a million years.

Link Posted: 3/23/2002 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Cozying up to the BATF goons is not a good way to improve CCRKBA.  It only consolidates their power against us.  This Sarah Brady story is goofy nonsense.  So she bought her kid a rifle and is a terrible hypocrite.  Is that anything we didn't know all along?

Gun owners should [b]never[/b] call on the BATF to do anything except [b]disband[/b].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top