Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2002 9:40:32 PM EDT
... Tell me a bit about your shooting patterns.

Meaning, for me at least, my shooting hobbies and patterns fluctuate in intensity over time.

Sometimes for long stretches I’m going gangbusters. I’ll go shooting every chance I get and cycle all my weapons, digest gobs of ammo, read all related firearm literature and buy every “accessory” I can afford (and not afford) at the time.

Other times I’m in a lull and won’t even open my safe for weeks. I’ll even slack off on concealed carry sometimes. No gun-related purchases, back off on fun shows and generally couldn’t give a shit.

Then months later I’ll revert back and so on.

Do you “cycle” like this?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
fall and winter= guns and ammo
spring and summer= fishing rods,reels and lure's
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am opposite of tnrifleman. spring summer is dcm / long range rifle fall winter is archery/wood craft for me.
cycles sounds like a woman thing to me[:)]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: ... but I never slack off the CCW. This is a major safety violation in my book.
View Quote

... You are right and at least I can discipline myself better on this aspect. It's mostly the hobby part the ebbs & flows for me.

... At least I'm going to CavArms here shortly to see the demo!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Spring, summer & early fall = shoot, shoot, shoot for me.

Late fall & winter it's tumble brass, trim cases and fill up the ammo cans for the next year.

I hate picking cases out of the snow!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top