Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2010 7:37:23 AM EDT
reach into a porta potty and fish it out?

I'm talking about a porta john that has sat at a construction site for a week not the one that was freshly pumped at a Sports Illustrated swim suit shoot.

How much would it take?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
$0.  My IDs, Credit/debit cards, coin, etc would be worth it.  I've never lost a wallet and if I did it would be tragic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
$0.  My IDs, Credit/debit cards, coin, etc would be worth it.  I've never lost a wallet and if I did it would be tragic.

QFT
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]
well if it wasn't pumped for that long it is likely to just be setting on top of the mound, so to speak....

just take a bunch of TP and bundle it around your hand like a zombie and pluck that bad boy off the top.

step outside, vomit, unwrap your hand, and find the nearest hose and start washing your wallet off.

I agree with the above poster that it isn't the cash, its the cards and ID that matter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

$0. My IDs, Credit/debit cards, coin, etc would be worth it. I've never lost a wallet and if I did it would be tragic.

First reply wins again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm talking about a porta john that has sat at a construction site for a week not the one that was freshly pumped at a Sports Illustrated swim suit shoot.

How much would it take?

So digging through Elle McPhearson's poop and pee is better than digging through some union fucks?

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
0$

my DL and my weapon permit are both in my wallet

News bulletin- Shit washes off
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

$0. My IDs, Credit/debit cards, coin, etc would be worth it. I've never lost a wallet and if I did it would be tragic.

I lost my wallet in Paris, France 3 days into a two week trip by myself... Yeah it sucks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Last time I had to use porta johns I was in Iraq and had my wallet in a ziploc bag so the stuff in it wouldn't get wrecked from all the sweat.

So a wad of toilet paper to pluck that bad boy out, toss the bag and put the wallet in a new one.  I'd do it if the wallet had no money, as I'd rather not explain where my military ID and licenses and such went.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Bag over the hand, and in I would go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
0$

Yeah, but that blue stuff don't.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

First reply wins again.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bag over the hand, and in I would go.

This. I'd get my wallet, and I wouldn't get anything on me doing it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd probably fish it out, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

If it was on top, I'd use the toilet paper method mentioned above. If it sunk....

Then I'd try to fashion a net of some sort.

Lots of in this thread too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Just use a money clip like me. Then youwont have to fish your wallet out of the shitter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
0$

+1

Hey where have you been?

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
0$

Yeah, but that blue stuff don't.

Smurf hand FTW
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
0$

+1

Hey where have you been?

on a hiatus

how are you dude

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#19]
$0.  Multiple ID cards, CWPs, pilots license, flight medical cert, CCs, ect.  I'm getting it out.  I'm pretty careful when using Porta Johns as that's all that my range has, except there is no tank.  It's just a huge hole under the seat.  If you drop anything down there, you'll have a heck of a time getting it out.  If there's no one else at the range, I'll drop trou outside and then go in.  When I'm done, I'll pull pants up when I get out side.  If there are people there, I'll put important stuff in my vehicle and then go in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
0$

+1

Hey where have you been?

on a hiatus

how are you dude

I'm great. Glad you are back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been needing a new wallet anyway.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#22]
buddy of mine dropped a CRKT OIF knife in a porta potty in Iraq and fished it out with one of those huge magnets once...
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#23]
So what did YOU do???
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
0$

+1

Hey where have you been?

on a hiatus

how are you dude

I'm great. Glad you are back.

it is good to be back

I have missed the old place

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#25]
If it's anything like the ones at Thunder Over Louisville last Saturday the wallet wont even be bellow the seat. Wouldn't even have to bend over to pick it up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much would it take?

So digging through Elle McPhearson's poop and pee is better than digging through some union fucks?

I once heard someone say that Elle McPhearson was so hot, they would let her poop on their nipples.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I lost my wallet in Paris, France 3 days into a two week trip by myself... Yeah it sucks.

So how was it spending your vacation in a American hating place like Paris?  Do they hate Americans as much as they say over there?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd rather be covered in shit than be on hold with several banks and go to the DMV.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Always carry a few bucks in your pocket.

You can always hire someone to get it for you.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much would it take?

I once heard someone say that Elle McPhearson was so hot, they would let her poop on their nipples.  

But would they eat a mile of her shit just to see where it came from?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I would stand guard of the porta potty as I had a buddy collect for me a fish net, gloves, soap, a jug of water, lysol, and some large freezer bags.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how was it spending your vacation in a American hating place like Paris? Do they hate Americans as much as they say over there?

Bleh, so/so.

The 2 counter ladies (guy that was there when I checked out was so nice) at the hotel were nice, the poeple (customers and employees) in the "La Poste" were a bunch of asshats when I couldn't speak french trying to pick up cash that was western unioned to me, the police officers were nice that I reported my lost wallet to even if they couldn't speak much english, and the guy that I contacted over another forum that lived there was nice enough to go the the police station(after my wallet was turned in and letter sent back home saying they had it and I could pick it up anythime) and ship my wallet back to me without any question.

The general population seemed to suck if I spoke... But there seemed to be a few good poeple there still. I'm in no hurry to go back and was glad to be out of there in a couple days. I got to see what I stopped in there to see. I had no issues in London, Rome, or Berlin with the poeple.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#33]

double tap

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much would it take?

Of course.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I once returned this pocketbook that i found to this elderly lady, and we discused how bad it was to lose a wallet/pocketbook, and she said that she copied everything in the wallet  in case it happened, copied both sides of everything in it so she knew what she lost, i thought it was a great idea...

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#36]
As other have said 0$

I have run trough shit trenches in Iraq so I guess I'm over being grossed out by it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#37]
i would let it sink if there was no money in it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Chances are, if I am near a porta potty, I am on a construction site.

If I am at a construction site, I am at work

If I am at work, I have a truck full of tools.

Use tools to recover wallet from happy blue water.

Or grab the spare $20 out of my truck and offer it to persons from points further south to retrieve wallet for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top