Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2002 12:36:47 PM EDT
See [url]http://battlerifles.com/[/url] for a news link.  Unfortunately the link is broken.  The story supposedly appeared in the NY Daily News, but I can find no reference to it at their site.

Wouldn't this be a hoot if it were true.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
the link worked for me..
[url]http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/politics/2909641.htm[/url]
View Quote

errrrr....maybe not..now that I posted it its not working [whacko]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hold on. If you buy a gun for somebody else here in Virginia...YOU GOT BIG PROBLEMS!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
C'mon, Sarah.  Prove that you have guts and come do it here in Kalif.  After all, we got all the guns law here that you ever wanted.  I triple monkey dare you, b**ch!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
F#$KING B#$CH!!!!!!!!!!!!

[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

[soapbox][soapbox][soapbox][soapbox][soapbox]

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone notified the BATF about this straw purchase.  I mean we'd only be doing our civic duty to keep the streets free of illegally purchased firearms.  You know, with the easy availability of firearms and the proliferation of firearms ownership among children it would be the right thing to do according to Sarah.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, this means she lied on the 4473. It's a straw purchase, plain and simple. But, because she's one of them, she won't even be questioned, much less jailed unless we raise a big howl. Even then, it's going to take a lot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but what she did was not a straw purchase.  Once I buy a firearm, am I not free to give or sell it to another individual so long as I do not suspect him/her to be a felon, etc?  She bought a gun for her kid, which many of us have done ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but what she did was not a straw purchase.  Once I buy a firearm, am I not free to give or sell it to another individual so long as I do not suspect him/her to be a felon, etc?  She bought a gun for her kid, which many of us have done ourselves.
View Quote

Well according to what Osprey posted
The book suggests that she did not have her son checked, as required by Delaware state law.
View Quote

That is not true in Delaware
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
It's going to take those with knowledge of Maryland firearms laws to figure out if there has been a crime committed.

What should be the screaming outrage here is that Mrs. "do-it-for-the-children-and-ban-guns" Brady went out and bought her child a .30-06 (with a scope no less).  The gun-grabbers use the terms "deer rifle" or "military sniper weapon with cop-killer bullets" to describe the same weapon, depending on what suits them at the time.  (Funny it was a "deer rifle) in this case, hmmm?

This should be the focus:  [b]Sarah Brady bought her son a gun.[/b]  You'd have to be deaf, blind and have your head 6 feet up your A$$ not see the steaming pile of hypocrisy surrounding that FACT.  This is something that can't be twisted or spun by the media or HCI/Million Morons or whatever they call themseves this week.

An the NRA just sealed it's fate with me as well.  "Interesting"... "INTERESTING".  It's the biggest page 1 headline opportunity to take an OFFENSIVE position with these bastards and the largest representative of gun owners wimps out.  Utter and complete bullshit!

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't really think that could be considered a straw purchase since it is a gift for a person that could otherwise legally purchase the firearm for themself.

However, it sounds like there is a good chance that she broke the state law. In order to show that the law is unbiased this should be persued to the fullest extent by the state.

Then again, it may be in her best interest to go to prison anyway since many states are no longer allowing smoking in prison. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
shotar:  Nice point about the "sporting gun" angle.

Hmmm... I wonder if hunts with it?  Could sic PETA on their arse  [}:D]

After giving it some thought (dangerous, I know) I can see the "sporting vs. deranged killer handgun/SUR" distinction being used as justification/rationalization for the purchase.

I'd really like to know how old the son is and to get his views.  Is he a "I just want my deer rifle" type or did ownership of his first firearm open the door to more critical thinking on the whole subject?

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
[url]www.miami.com/mld/miami/news/politics/2909641.htm[/url]

The question that needs to be answered is does her son live with her? If so the purchase is probably legal. If he doesn't live with her its a straw and sarah should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
I have bought my daughter 2 firearms. Both .22's. Only difference is she lives with me. Its her's but it stays locked up in my safe until she's old enough by law to have it.

This is gonna be interesting.

Rick
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
My question is why did she buy a gun for her son?

And is a 4473, a public document?, I believe it is.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]
It doesn't matter how old her kid is or if he lives with her.

In Deleware, apparently it's illegal to purchase a gun for somebody in any circumstance. In that Miami article they specificly say that family gifts are illegal too.

mmmmm....hypocrisy tastes like chicken.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
LET'S TRY TO TAKE SOME ACTION ON THIS GUY/GALS/GUNOWNERS!!!!

Here is the link to the story:

[url]http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/politics/2909641.htm[/url]

Here is contact information for the Delaware Dept. of Justice Office of Attorney General

Get in touch with them and ask them when they plan on prosecuting Sarah Brady for circumventing the Delaware background check law pertaining to gun purchases. She apparently (wrote about it, hasnt denied it) bought the gun for her son without expressing this on the 4473 form!!! This is apparently in direct violation of Deleware state law!! Calling would be preferable, use those unused long distance cell phone minutes!! haha

[url]http://www.state.de.us/attgen/index.htm[/url]

Delaware State Attorney General:
Name: M. Jane Brady
Email: [email protected]

Cheif Deputy Attorney General:
Name:Ferris Wharton  (there are many articles on the 'net showing this guy prosecuting state criminal cases, might be a good one to try calling)
Wilmington Office:
Criminal Division: (302)577-8500

Dover Office
Criminal Division: (302)739-4211
Georgetown Office
(302)856-5353

The Brady Campaign:
Contact Info: (Call them and ask them why Sarah Brady (their leader) is buying a "SNIPER RIFLE" for her son illegally????
[url]http://www.gunlawsuits.org/about/contact/[/url]

CHECK OUT THIS LINK!!! This is part of the Brady Campaign action alert, a quote from this page: " Because of a loophole in the law, more than half of all firearm sales in Delaware take place without a background check"  OH THE IRONY! Guess that's why she bought the gun in Delaware, huh???
[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.asp?state=de[/url]

Call/Email the NRA and tell them to turn the heat up on Sarah Brady in order to show what hypocrites the gun control crowd is!!!!
PHONE: (703) 267-1000
Email:  [email protected]

TRY TO MAKE SOME CALLS/EMAILS ON MONDAY, turn up the heat on Sarah Brady, who thinks guns are only for the elite/powerful and can't even bother with following the laws she intends to put on you, the gunowner!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top