Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2010 3:13:48 PM EDT
Alright, I'm throwing caution into the wind here. Whose side would you rather be on? With midwest or with the south? Who is tougher? Who has a better work ethic? Who is more helpful and polite/respectful to their neighbors?

Obviously, my vote goes to the Midwest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The South WIll Rise AGAIN!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I've lived in both, the Midwest wins hands down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
New England comes in and fucks you all up.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The South............by far
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What a silly question

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Women ...

You lose.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
You should just make a poll that says: "Do you live in the midwest or south" because thats all this is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
How are you defining Midwest?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If it has corn or not.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
We did this once already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Brigade
I'm originally from WI. People might be a little more polite here, but
they move like molasses.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Some are better than others in some things. Needs moar choices.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm pretty sure Grant and Sherman and a bunch of Mid Westerners already settled this convincingly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Fight?  Madness.  A fight between these two would be like that scene in Braveheart where the Scotts and Irish run to the middle of the field only to shake hands, and then unite against the real threat - NY/LA city boys.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fight?  Madness.  A fight between these two would be like that scene in Braveheart where the Scotts and Irish run to the middle of the field only to shake hands, and then unite against the real threat - NY/LA city boys.  

This.

I will add, though, that it's cold enough during the winters here to keep much of the New England riff-raff out.  Who wants to retire to IN?  Nobody.  It's too friggin' cold here.  They all wanna invade SC, NC and FL.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

^This!  We definitely have more in common than we do with the new englanders/ left coasters
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#17]
southern food is much better than midwestern food, so I pick the South.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Is Kentucky part of the south?

(feels like it...)
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]
am i in before EXPcustom??
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, knock it off!!!

If we don't hang together, we shall surely hang separately.

The Midwest + the South = kicking Kommiafornia's ass.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#21]
TEXAS
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#22]
The south without a doubt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

^This!  We definitely have more in common than we do with the new englanders/ left coasters

yeah. But the work ethic is better in the south.  The load that took 3 hours to load in Oregon, IL took 20 minutes to unload today in fort worth. I deal with too many unions in the mid west to consider them to have a real work ethic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd rather unite with the south and attack outwards than stir shit between us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Im from the Midwest, and I voted South.

We have a bunch of pussies up here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The south will never survive a mid western winter!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Good answer!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Midwest FTW.

First, we have a mobile bar that travels with the troops.

And second, even the fucking pig is armed.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Is Kentucky part of the south?

(feels like it...)

Nah... y'all couldn't make up your minds so you flipped a coin and decided to side with the blue bellies during the War of Northern Agression.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure Grant and Sherman and a bunch of Mid Westerners already settled this convincingly.

Apparently not, since we keep having these threads.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Depends on what states you define as South and Midwest.  There is more population in the South I believe and we do love our weapons down here as well... It will just be hard trying to get all the obese unemployed/medicare/welfare people off their asses.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah. But the work ethic is better in the south.  The load that took 3 hours to load in Oregon, IL took 20 minutes to unload today in fort worth. I deal with too many unions in the mid west to consider them to have a real work ethic.

You got me there, I totally agree.  We definitely have way too many "they took our job" union douches up here
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Fight?  Madness.  A fight between these two would be like that scene in Braveheart where the Scots and Irish run to the middle of the field only to shake hands, and then unite against the real threat - NY/LA city boys.  

This!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Depends on what states you define as South and Midwest.  There is more population in the South I believe and we do love our weapons down here as well... It will just be hard trying to get all the obese unemployed/medicare/welfare people off their asses.  
We have plenty obese welfare sponges up here too so they will probably cancel each other out.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#35]
The Midwest by far. Grant, Sherman and Lincoln were Midwesterners.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've lived in both, the Midwest wins hands down.

So have I. And I disagree.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Once we started marching south the only question is do we stop at the northern or southern border of cuba.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I think this has been settled once before.

The South lost.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#39]

I don't think MN, WI, and the Dakotas count. I lived in MN for a while and that's South Canada not the Midwest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well now if it's a fight against the blue bloods in New England then I will side with the south I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I have lived in both places, and it is no contest.

The worst of the South absolutely destroys the best of the Midwest any day of the week.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I beg to differ. I worked for a company based in Atlanta and travelled back and forth between here and there often. Night and day difference between the St.Louis office and the Atlanta office. Nothing ever got done on time down there. Folks moved like fuckin molasses on a cold day. Even the OP Manager (from Alabama) mentioned to me once how we had a stronger work ethic than his local crew. The people down there are much more friendly I will give them that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't think MN, WI, and the Dakotas count. I lived in MN for a while and that's South Canada not the Midwest.

Uh WI certainly counts and so does Minnesota. You have a good case for the Dakotas since that's basically cornland/Canada.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Why would that happen ????

We dont like the cold and they dont like mosquitoes the size of AH-6's  

We could help them with michigan one summer and they help sending the new englanders out of FL that winter ....
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh WI certainly counts and so does Minnesota. You have a good case for the Dakotas since that's basically cornland/Canada.

You all talk like Canadian leprechauns up there. Guess I'm just going by dialect.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#46]
as a Yankee transplanted to Texas, I'm voting for the South
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You all talk like Canadian leprechauns up there. Guess I'm just going by dialect.

Depends on where they're from. Yeah, parts of MN and rural WI sound like people in the movie Fargo but generally in Southern WI urban areas we speak pretty much just like people in say Illinois.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I vote Midwest.

The South could make a go of it, but they need to take care of something first:

http://www.southernobesitysummit.org/
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take it you've never really spent time in the Dakotas
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on where they're from. Yeah, parts of MN and rural WI sound like people in the movie Fargo but generally in Southern WI urban areas we speak pretty much just like people in say Illinois.

I lived in the Brainerd Lakes area of Minnesota. I moved back the first time I caught myself saying "aboot".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top