Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 8:29:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just watched this episode last night out of sheer boredom. In their usual idiocy, they said that the Zulu "Samburu" war club (made out of wood) was superior to the iron ball-and-chain of William Wallace's time. I'll grant them the win of the Zulu war axe over the war hammer due to its greater rangr, but c'mon - the whole show was so retarded as usual. Shields made of COWHIDE? Really?

I felt sorry for the two guys representing the Zulu interests. They had a great warrior tradition, but this was a non-contest.

Oh BTW - did I mention that William Wallace died in 1305, while the Zulu conflict with the British was in 1878?  The Zulu warrior was compared against the technology of people FIVE-HUNDRED AND SEVENTY years prior and still got their clocks cleaned.

Tis silly lad, think nothin of it
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just watched this episode last night out of sheer boredom. In their usual idiocy, they said that the Zulu "Samburu" war club (made out of wood) was superior to the iron ball-and-chain of William Wallace's time. I'll grant them the win of the Zulu war axe over the war hammer due to its greater rangr, but c'mon - the whole show was so retarded as usual. Shields made of COWHIDE? Really?

I felt sorry for the two guys representing the Zulu interests. They had a great warrior tradition, but this was a non-contest.

Oh BTW - did I mention that William Wallace died in 1305, while the Zulu conflict with the British was in 1878?  The Zulu warrior was compared against the technology of people FIVE-HUNDRED AND SEVENTY years prior and still got their clocks cleaned.

You tend to see everything as black and white, don't ya?

TRG
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i remember that show.. i pegged it that the zulu would win because of political correctness.. i was actually surprised

and yes that show is retarded . i watch it because my kids find it entertaining, though i have to spend half the show explaining all the BS false info to them..ill be glad when they outgrow it
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Cowhide shields and short spears don't fare well against mail and claymores.  Or flails, for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#5]
William Wallace > Spetsnaz
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cowhide shields and short spears don't fare well against mail and claymores.  Or flails, for that matter.

They fare even less well against Martini-Henrys.

-Mark
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You tend to see everything as black and white, don't ya?

TRG

Well, I mean, look at the guy.  Color film is very new in his land.  He had to artificially colorize his own portrait for his avatar.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I watched the Taliban vs. IRA episode recently.  That show is dildos.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mark

......In .45 caliber and a bayonet with a bit O' guts behind it.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Best,
Rob
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I think this season they have Al Capone as an 'ultimate warrior'
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mark

Isandlwana.

Hlobane

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Didn't the zulu use largely stone age weapons?  This brings back tp mind that thread about "Why the Zebra was never domesticated"
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
"Deadliest Warrior" is nothing more than a "Mighty Mouse vs. Superman"  scenario...over and over and over again. Seems kinda silly to me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mark

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#15]
they need to do a chuck Norris vs Mr.T episode
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#16]
They're supposed to put Aztec Jaguar warriors against African tribesman of some sort this season. I would love to see the damage one of those obsidian sword club things can do to something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I want to see that "special operations" guy with the Sims gun fight William Wallace.

That would be kick ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
People take this shit way too seriously. It's on Spike, it's entertainment, nothing more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They're supposed to put Aztec Jaguar warriors against African tribesman of some sort this season. I would love to see the damage one of those obsidian sword club things can do to something.

Saw a show where they used it on a side of beef! It nearly cut it in half!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Regardless of technical inferiority the Zulu had balls.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#21]
The only time I watched the show in its entirety was when a childhood buddy of mine was on it (the Knight episode).  The rest just make me go

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top