Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 3:25:13 AM EDT
I'm looking for a touch screen phone from Sprint so I have a phone when I return back to the states. I would like to buy an IPhone but I would have to terminate my Sprint contract and pay the $200 fee.

Hopefully someone has some feedback on this...
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
no, but I am enjoying my HTC hero
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
How is the Hero? My wife had it and said it was a pain to text message people because of the keyboard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How is the Hero? My wife had it and said it was a pain to text message people because of the keyboard.

you get used to it but I don't text much either
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine two weeks ago.  So far it's a pretty cool device, but the battery would usually run low in a few hours with NO usage at all.  You can down load a free task manager that will take care of that problem though.  Just make sure you don't turn off stuff your phone needs to run or you'll run into errors, as I'm sure happens to any computer or android phone.   If you're into texting the buttons are big enough for ham fingered folks like me.  When making calls you can use either the big ole buttons or the touch screen which I think is great as well.    I've reciently learned that I can transfer music from my computer to my phone and use the whole song as a ring tone, not just a small clip of the song.  I would definately recommend it over other phones i've had with fewer features, and I've barely even skimmed the surface on the features this phone has.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one for my ex and got it back after we split (it was on my plan).  Its a good phone with a lot of great features, big issue is battery life which will vary depending on what you have running.

Overall a pretty good phone, my sister is currently using it and I havent gotten any complaints.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got mine two weeks ago.  So far it's a pretty cool device, but the battery would usually run low in a few hours with NO usage at all.  You can down load a free task manager that will take care of that problem though.  Just make sure you don't turn off stuff your phone needs to run or you'll run into errors, as I'm sure happens to any computer or android phone.   If you're into texting the buttons are big enough for ham fingered folks like me.  When making calls you can use either the big ole buttons or the touch screen which I think is great as well.    I've reciently learned that I can transfer music from my computer to my phone and use the whole song as a ring tone, not just a small clip of the song.  I would definately recommend it over other phones i've had with fewer features, and I've barely even skimmed the surface on the features this phone has.

Did you buy the Hero or the Moment?

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I like mine. I'm probably not using the smart phone features to their full potential though. I went from a Nextel direct connect phone to Sprint and the Moment (Sprint is the only service that works at my house). Most of my phone use has turned to texting. I find the biggest problem is that I don't have the phone on me(Nextel had a belt clip), so I miss a few calls here and there. I got a clip for the moment, but the phone is to big to be comfortable.

Here's a forum for the Moment, and Android.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I got mine two weeks ago. So far it's a pretty cool device, but the battery would usually run low in a few hours with NO usage at all. You can down load a free task manager that will take care of that problem though. Just make sure you don't turn off stuff your phone needs to run or you'll run into errors, as I'm sure happens to any computer or android phone. If you're into texting the buttons are big enough for ham fingered folks like me. When making calls you can use either the big ole buttons or the touch screen which I think is great as well. I've reciently learned that I can transfer music from my computer to my phone and use the whole song as a ring tone, not just a small clip of the song. I would definately recommend it over other phones i've had with fewer features, and I've barely even skimmed the surface on the features this phone has.

You can fix part of the battery issue by cycling the phone a few times.

Start with a "full" battery.

Run the phone till the 15% indicator comes on.

Shutdown and power on the phone.

Run the phone till it quits.

Plug in charger and restart the phone.

Charge the phone from the wall charger, till full

Then charge from the USB cord plugged into the computer, till full.

Repeat 3 to 4 times.

The phone is checking the usage of the battery and setting the battery indicator from that, not the potential of the battery.

It sounds like a pain in the ass, but its not and you will get the most outta the battery that way.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:01:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought one for my ex and got it back after we split (it was on my plan).  Its a good phone with a lot of great features, big issue is battery life which will vary depending on what you have running.

Overall a pretty good phone, my sister is currently using it and I havent gotten any complaints.

I've got the Moment.  Once I down loaded the task manager my battery life went from a few hours with little usage, to more than a day with trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing with it.  I'm not really techno savy, and the Moment has been VERY easy for me to use and figure out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The phone is checking the usage of the battery and setting the battery indicator from that, not the potential of the battery.

It sounds like a pain in the ass, but its not and you will get the most outta the battery that way.

This may have also been my problem.  The phone would only last a fe whours then die on me, I'd recharge it, then it would last until I got home from work the next morning.  The next day it was the same thing all over.  It went on like that for about 3 days and I was at teh point of taking the phone back as being a POS.  Turns out a couple guys at work have the same phone and gave me a couple pointers.  One guy said to down load the task manager, that took me a couple days to load and figure out it's features.  Then an Avionics guy told me about the battery and charging.  I haven't had any problems since.  Right now my phone has been off the charger about 15 hours and has damn near a full charge and I've been using the hell out of it today.  YMMV though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This may have also been my problem. The phone would only last a fe whours then die on me, I'd recharge it, then it would last until I got home from work the next morning. The next day it was the same thing all over. It went on like that for about 3 days and I was at teh point of taking the phone back as being a POS. Turns out a couple guys at work have the same phone and gave me a couple pointers. One guy said to down load the task manager, that took me a couple days to load and figure out it's features. Then an Avionics guy told me about the battery and charging. I haven't had any problems since. Right now my phone has been off the charger about 15 hours and has damn near a full charge and I've been using the hell out of it today. YMMV though.

Which task manager are you running?

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:36:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm running the rythm software task manager.  If you go to the market thing and type in "Task Manager" it's the second one that comes up.  Best of all it's free.
I also just found a flashlight app that uses the camera's LED, (found on the forum in an above post) Search for "momentflash".  Works pretty good.  Ok, my post count is going through the roof here, and it's time for me to try and get some sleep.   I'd like to see what other cool apps folks have found with the Moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top