Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2010 4:12:46 PM EDT
My friend has a mini -14 with a crack piston bushing.  If she calls Ruger is there any chance they would send a new one?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Ruger from what I have heard and seen has one of the best customer servies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience with Ruger is that they will not send any parts to "fix" a Ruger product.
I have sent back my MKII twice, once when a spring broke, once when a fucking shit eating "gunsmith" fucked it away.

Both times Ruger made it right, the second time they replaced almost the entire gun at no charge.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a used Mark II in .22 calibre. Called customer service and had parts sent out, no charge.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
she doesn't really want to fool around with sending it in.........

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My experience with Ruger is that they will not send any parts to "fix" a Ruger product.
I have sent back my MKII twice, once when a spring broke, once when a fucking shit eating "gunsmith" fucked it away.

Both times Ruger made it right, the second time they replaced almost the entire gun at no charge.

moar
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask here, http://www.rugerforum.org/phpBB/

Ruger has a good reputation for repairing things, but I believe they prefer to have them sent in to Ruger facilities.

Go to Ruger's website and call customer service. http://ruger.com/
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Jackass drilled tapped and heli-coiled the receiver, didn't trim the heli-coils, fucking GOUGED the shit out of the slide, drilled the holes too big in the receiver.

Ruger replaced the barrel, slide and a few other parts in the trigger at no cost.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is the reason for that.

Can't blame them. It saves a company invested in customer satisfaction time and money.

It would be better if they sold more parts though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I've found their CS to be top-notch.

Of those parts that they are willing to sell us mere mortals, the price is quite reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
rugers CS is the bomb....they will do whatever it takes to make it right.....i've delt with them on many occasions...no problems.

explain to them your problem....they may send a part....dosent hurt to ask.....

gotta call or write though....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#11]
In my few times I've talked with them, they were very nice and helpful.  

HH
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Ruger is good people. I broke the little fireing pin return spring in my Mark II. I tried to buy a new one, but they wouldn't take any money.
They sent a replacement immediatly at no charge.
Can't ask for more than that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Just do not send them a three screw or they will fuck it up royally with their "safety modification" .
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#14]
After Bill Ruger completely screwed gun owners in 1994 by suggesting congress should ban all magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds (which of course congress and Clinton did), good customer service seems like the least Ruger could offer.  I waited until Bill Ruger passed away before I bought a 10/22, but then again, I tend to hold a grudge.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If she doesn't want to send it in then she might as well not even bother calling Ruger. She should take it to a competent gunsmith who can box it up and ship it to Ruger then charge her out the ass for not doing anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#16]
My expierence combined with what I havve heard is Ruger will take care of it.  It it involves any kind of smithing to install, they will want you to send it to them.

Only exception I have heard on non-factory AC556's. (converted mini's).  I guess on those you are shit out of luck for parts....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
IME, yes.

Had a M77 fixed and very quickly.

I have 'heard' they will replace your aftermarket trigger with their factory crap.  Maybe internet rumor, but I would be mighty p o ed if they tossed my Timney and replaced it with a 9# creepy ruger trigger.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought a used Mark II in .22 calibre. Called customer service and had parts sent out, no charge.

I've also bought gun show guns (used) and called Ruger for parts or manuals, and they always send, free of charge.  On the .22 pistols, they sent the recoil springs because on one of them, the ear that goes over the pin in the rear was broken.  On the other, the front site was loose so they sent a new front sight and screw.  Manuals for both.  A mini 14 that someone had taken off the original front site (old style) and replaced it with an after market, but I called Ruger and they sent me a new front site.  Always, no questions asked, just give them my address and they drop it in the mail.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I have also read they will factory refinish a pistol for less than $100.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she doesn't want to send it in then she might as well not even bother calling Ruger. She should take it to a competent gunsmith who can box it up and ship it to Ruger then charge her out the ass for not doing anything.

This.

Ruger has great customer service, but you have to be a reasonable customer too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Ruger CS is top notch, one of the many reasons I bought an SR-556.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I've bought several "Gunsmith only" parts from Ruger over the years, look at the parts list in the manual and call and ask for it. I've seen several people say they wont sell parts, but I've never had any issues buying them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top