Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2010 11:28:33 AM EDT
What's the deal with these on-line companies/suppliers running out of EVERYTHING?  I gave up on driving all over Hell's Half Acre trying to find parts at local gun stores, so I went Interwebz.  AHH!!, look at all the parts!!!!!!!!

Now I can't find SQUAT on-line that isn't sold out or backordered.  Don't these people believe in supply and demand?  It's not like it was a year ago.....there's AR's falling out of everybody's ass.  Gun stores got 'em, gun shows got 'em, shit, EVERYBODY'S got 'em, but try to buy a barrel, trigger, rail, friggin ANYTHING, and it's "out of stock".  WHAT THE FUCK????????

I'm TRYING to build a high-dollar piston gun, so I'm not looking for Del-Ton parts or other "bargain" stuff that would be in high demand, and I'm trying to be flexible.  I gotta check if I can get a Middy or Carbine piston kit, then if there's a barrel available, then if I can get a rail for it........Well, I can get a Middy kit, but no Middy barrel, so I switch to Carbine, but no kit and no rail, ad nauseum.........

On another build, I ordered from SIX different (big) suppliers, and three weeks later, I'm still waiting for THREE orders to be shipped.  It's a fucking SPRING, for god's sake.

COME ON, PEOPLE!!!   If you want to sell your shit, STOCK your shit.  Hell, I could put out a catalog and website selling Lamborghinis that are always "out of stock".

If you're always running out, make/buy more.  Are there 3 elves living in a tree trunk in Possum Crotch, Missouri building all the parts?  Hire more elves!!!!  There's money, LOTS of money to be made selling this crap at obscene prices.  I'd be hiring the homeless and setting up machine shops in retirement homes to make sure I could fill the orders.

What really bugs the piss out of me is that it's almost like "fuck 'em, they'll get their shit when we get around to it".  Well, maybe I'll start building model trains.  I bet THEY'LL send me a caboose next-day air!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
 Hell, I could put out a catalog and website selling Lamborghini's that are always "out of stock".

Hmmmmm. Note to self. Create a website selling gun parts at really good, yet believable prices. Mark them all out of stock and set up a "remind me" button for people to submit their email and automatically send them an email every week saying we hope to have them in stock soon. Then make lots of money from advertising on a site selling nothing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Hell, I could put out a catalog and website selling Lamborghini's that are always "out of stock".

Hmmmmm. Note to self. Create a website selling gun parts at really good, yet believable prices. Mark them all out of stock and set up a "remind me" button for people to submit their email and automatically send them an email every week saying we hope to have them in stock soon. Then make lots of money from advertising on a site selling nothing.

Hmm, that's a good idea...hey wait a second!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top