Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2010 6:28:15 AM EDT
Does anyone have one?

How accurate?

Anything I should know? Turnoffs? Reliability? Who makes them for Remington (It has to be DPMS or Bushmaster)...?

Please discuss.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one used in .243 but have since sold the upper.

I tested it for function, but never got around to shooting groups.

The bolt/firing pin was a little gummed up, and I had a couple of light primer strikes at first, but after cleaning it in the field it was 100% for ~ 40 rounds.

The Remington dipped camo finish was thin and chipped easily.  It would also wash off with Gunblast.  The rifle I had was already dinged/chipped when I got it.  I stripped it down to the black anodizing, then Krylonned it tan.

My final thoughts are get a DPMS (That's who makes them).  The extra money you pay for the Remington name and cheap camo isn't worth it.

I still have the complete lower minus the skeleton stock that was on it when I bought it.  If you need a cheap lower for a build then IM me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The handguard is not timed correctly on every example I've picked up.  The forward sling swivel is in the center, the slots are not symmetric.  It's a small detail that matters to me.

+1 about the cheap, fragile finish.

The slots aren't symmetric on the DPMS AP4s I've looked at, either.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top