Page / 3
Posted: 4/17/2010 10:27:39 PM EDT
N/M
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy lack of paragraphs batman
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Next time barricade the doors with a wall of text.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Call the cops. ALWAYS be the first to call if you have to draw on someone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
In on 1.

And we're off!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
No paragraphs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
He was probably from the paragraph police and trying to entrap you into a violation.  

Hide your dog.  He's got enough for a warrant.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
tag

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
You should've thrown a wall of text at him.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
You leave your door unlocked all hours of the day/night?  

Your front/back door should be locked 24/7.

Oh and I'd have called the cops.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#11]

entrapment by wallOtext!!11!!!  blade at 45!?!?!

ETA:  i made it through the wallOtext alive.

that dumbass tried to get in you place three times?  i would have called the cops.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Can I make  that my sig line(if I  ever join back up)
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Low post count but 3+ year join date. I don't know what to make of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sitting at my computer reading reviews on weapon evolution when the door of my apartment opened up. I look over at the door and it shuts right away. this is 130 in the morning( i work 3rd shift so i am up at this time regularly). I spring up and grab my glock which is sitting right next to me at the computer. I rush to the door, stand to one side and fling the door open. there is some dingy lookin street kid( isay kid but he was prob in his mid 20's) standing there I had my pistol by my side so he did not see it. I asked what the fuck he was doing and he said, " im sorry sir, i am looking for so and so". he said a name I am not farmiliar with so I told him no one here by that name, get lost. I watched him walk down the hall and out the door on my floor( i live in a 6 apt house on the sec floor). in my drawers, i closed my door and got dressed to take my dog out and make sure he wasn't still here and doing something he shouldn't. in my neighborhood there are some muggings and cars being broken into all the time so when I take out the dog at night, i holster my pistol. I get outside, no one out there. my dog does her thing and I bring her in. as I am going up the stairs I hear movement  on the 3rd floor( the 2 apts up there are friends of mine and not of his) so I started up the stairs with my hand on my side arm just in case. there he is again! I say, "what the fuck are you doing here?" he says, My friend left me here." I say, "well you have no friends here, get the fuck out of my hall way!" I walked him down to the door at mag-light point and told him to leave. he did. about 10 min later. I decide to double check to see if he is gone, as it is now almost 2 am. I get down to the door and look outside to see if he is hanging around, at this point I would have just called the cops as he was real suspiscious. as I turn to walk up stairs, I notice my basement door is open a crack. I drew my pistol, rested it on my other arm that was holding my mag-light and opened the basement door. I said(before I turned the corner on the stairs), "if there is anyone down there, come out now, I have gun!"... no response I slowly go down the stairs and see no one. as I rounded the corner at the bottom, there he was in the corner of my basement hiding. I put my crimson trace on his chest and exclaimed," this is my home, you don't belong here, get out!" he raised his hands and apologized saying his friend left him and he had nowhere to go. I walked him at gun point to the outside door and to the edge of my buildings property and told him not to come back here, we don't want you here! shitting his pants he walked away down the road in a hurry. he said his friend was hanging out with the teenage slut next door and he didn't know which apt it was. I hope he got a lesson in manners when entering into someone elses place of residence. he prob didn't mean any harm but at the time it all happened, who knows. kids these days have some real strange habits,

He wanted to teach you how to properly post on the internets.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Due to your join date, I'm inclined to believe you.  Weird night.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you shoot them in RI?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I suffered through the wall of text, and I actually believe this Draw down story...

Like others have said, call the cops first.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Need MS Paint diagrams.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#20]
The reason why alcohol + arfcom is always 87% win on a saturday night.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I got all of that.  You should have called the cops.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#22]
You don't lock your doors?

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
right I should have had the door locked . but is your door locked during the day while you are there? I am up at night and sometimes leave it unlocked but always lock it on the way to my bedroom. this all happened pretty quick and I was reacting to the situation. yes the door will be locked now at all times, guess it was too much faith in humanity. as far as my text... yeah sorry a little long and choppy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Now that I got through that, why wasn't your door locked in the first place?

I see you answered it, sort of. Keep your doors locked dude.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
right I should have had the door locked . but is your door locked during the day while you are there? I am up at night and sometimes leave it unlocked but always lock it on the way to my bedroom. this all happened pretty quick and I was reacting to the situation. yes the door will be locked now at all times, guess it was too much faith in humanity. as far as my text... yeah sorry a little long and choppy.

Uh....yeah?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My door is locked all day unless I am actually walking through it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I woulda called the cops the 2nd time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I lock my doors all the time too. I trust in humanity, but I trust locks more.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The only time my door is unlocked is when I am walking into my apartment or actively moving heavy furniture/tools in or out of the apt.

Let me guess you don't keep your bedroom door locked while you sleep either?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You don't lock your doors?

+1000

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
My doors are always locked, i only unlock them to if i need to leave or get back in. Of course if i lived in the country or something i could see leaving them unlocked, but i live in a big city.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No paragraphs.

WTF Over ??  This is a Internet discussion forum not the school for dis embodied poetics. Fucking Grammar nAzIs.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I live in a pretty shitty 'hood.  It wasn't always this way but has gotten bad in the last few years.  I've been here just over ten years and have only started locking my doors recently.  I actually went over nine years without ever locking my doors, whether I was home or not!  

Of course I have had at least one rottweiler the whole time, and for about 6 months I had two!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hell yeah, my doors are locked even when I'm at home during the day!  Only fools leave their doors unlocked!

A lot of home invasions in my area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#35]
get something like this,,

i vote for a new rule..

all drawdown stories must have vid or its BS

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#36]
You are lucky it was just some dumb ass kid.
told him to leave 3 times and did not call the cops? Your door wasnt locked and then he even got into your basement?

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#37]
quite honestly I beleived his story about looking for his friend. the neighbor across the hall is the local teenage pig. and always has guys over there. these 3 encounters happened within 10 min. I did bring my cell with me outside when I took the dog, just in case but the laser and the yelling made him move pretty quick. I went out on my front porch after and could see him walking about 500-600 meters down the road in the oposite direction. next time, I will call first to save myself the trouble if something did happen but like I said, It was a reaction to the situation at hand and I am sure he and I both learned from the interaction.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Call the cops. ALWAYS be the first to call if you have to draw on someone.

ETA:  Someone breaks into my house, they're gonna sit nice and tidy 'till the local PD takes 'em to lockup.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#40]

1.)  LOCK YOUR FUCKING DOORS.

2.)  LOCK YOUR FUCKING DOORS.

3.)  LOCK YOUR FUCKING DOORS.

4.)  LOCK YOUR FUCKING DOORS.

5.)  If you draw a weapon and expel a trespasser, always call the police.  He who calls the police first wins in this case.

6.)  LOCK YOUR FUCKING DOORS.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
quite honestly I beleived his story about looking for his friend. the neighbor across the hall is the local teenage pig. and always has guys over there. these 3 encounters happened within 10 min. I did bring my cell with me outside when I took the dog, just in case but the laser and the yelling made him move pretty quick. I went out on my front porch after and could see him walking about 500-600 meters down the road in the oposite direction. next time, I will call first to save myself the trouble if something did happen but like I said, It was a reaction to the situation at hand and I am sure he and I both learned from the interaction.

so.. you live in a 6 apt type house..   you kicked him out of a "common area"  

how would that play out in a regular apt complex?

if he calls the cops...   are you in the right or the wrong ?

inside your place ..  GTG,,,  but in a common area ?
< im assuming any place that not in your apt is a common area ..   but its late so i might be wrong
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My front door is always locked. If I'm in a room with a lock, that door is also shut and locked.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#44]
dude was probably drunk/high and lost as shit. With some dude popping out at every turn he makes. reminds me of super troopers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Your lucky he did not do anything. He caught you with your pants down and dick hanging out.

Lock your door and crackheads won't wander in willy nilly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't believe........he had the nerve to come back after U led him out at Mag lite point.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#47]
yes always lock your doors

I live in the sticks on what some half jokingly refer to as a compound and I have a strict rule about door locking.

I make my rounds to check ever so often

I would have called the cops after the second time

He might have gotten shot on the third encounter.  Having called a warning before you rounded the corner and received no reply you might have inferred nefarious intent on his part.  Just as well you didn't shoot him though as I suppose in this case it wasn't worth it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I understand you wanting to have faith in humanity but, until you get a (guard)dog and move out into the country..............
Lock your damn doors.
ETA:()
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#50]
you really should have called the cops

oh and lock you frakin doors from now on
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top