Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2010 10:09:52 PM EDT
Ever have neighbors who need to feel important? I think I do.

A little background... I live on a dead-end road with not much traffic. One night the driveway was full so I parked on the road. Well, the next morning I had a ticket for "Overnight Park". Oh well, it was only $20. I was a little mad because I didn't see why a police cruiser would be patrolling a quiet dead-end road at 7 AM. The road is curved a little so the house isn't visible from the main road. I figured someone called on me.

Tonight my best friend came over and parked on the road. He got here at 5, and we used my car to go eat. We got back at 7, and a police cruiser was behind his car. The officer said someone called and complained. It was daylight, so it's not like this was another "overnight park." The officer also said something about not parking on the same side of the road as the hydrant (which aren't even close to my house). All right... no ticket since we moved it, and I guess another lesson learned.

I just don't understand why someone is so upset about a car parked in front of someone else's (my) house. Sometimes cars park at the very end. And holy hell, you should have seen the road on Easter, cars lining the street on both sides!

I'm not the kind to retaliate, but I would like to know what causes someone to just call the cops for such minor infractions. If we were parked opposite of someone's driveway I guess I could understand. Or even if it was that person's house. Who knows... just needed to rant I guess
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
How 'bout simply talking to the neighbors and asking who called the cops?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If you know 100% for a fact who it is, go knock on their fucking door.

Depending on how it goes, you will have succeeded at one of the following:

A. Made friends with your neighbors who will no longer be a pain in the ass and understand you park your car in front of YOUR house only when necessary.

B. Let them know that YOU know it is them, and that they better stop their shit. They may think twice about this in the future then.

C. Made enemies. Act accordingly and be a bigger pain in the ass.

All will work. I have had both A & B, and they have both worked out for me in the end. I had some problem neighbors and when I talked to them, they realized they were being a pain in the ass.

I also had some stupid liberal whore that walked around the neighborhood and would report anything she saw, even though she was unaffiliated with any HOA. I figured out that she was the one that mailed me an anonymous letter about not having my dog on a leash in MY yard and I tracked her down one morning as she was walking by my house. She was scared shitless that here covert bullshit was up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It could be the community college cop that lives next door. I don't know... I've talked to her a couple times, and she's friends with my landlord. Maybe it is her, and she thinks she's protecting my landlord's house or something.

My friend has parked in front of the other next-door neighbor's house a couple times, but nothing happened then. He stops by once every 2 weeks so it's not like this is a daily or even weekly thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of ARFCOMMERS are the "snitch" neighbors.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm telling on you...
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing that I can think of is maybe the last tenants that lived here made enemies with the neighbors. I'm the typical "quiet loner with an assault rifle" who doesn't bother anyone.

I wonder what the police think. Probably "Are you kidding me? I got called out here for THIS?"
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Do you guys mean that in a "this thread isn't going to go as you expected" way?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Power hungry little people.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Live on base. God forbid you talk to the people that live next to you. Fucking board ass fat fuck spouses that have nothing better to do than call SP's for dogs that get out and kids that play in the street. Than they have the nerve to waddle over and ask if I can mow their lawn cause their fat fuck hubby works nights and they can't push the mower cause they are also fat and just plain lazy. I had cops and fire dept stop by  after they got a call about a fire at my house cause I had the smoker going. WTF? I was sitting right next to it. My other neighbor is a fire fighter and was sitting with me the whole time and though it was funny.  I wish I knew where I was going to retire at cause I would buy a house just to get out of housing. Which its a real shame cause its the nicest housing that I have ever lived in. The thing that sucks is the neighbors.

Fuck telling anyone I have guns. Probably have the Wing King himself come over to disarm me after fat fuck cum keeper and her meal ticket fat fuck "I work nights so I don't have to put up with her" husband neighbor calls it in that I have a arsenal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Man when I was a popo we had a few of these. One would walk around with a clip board writing
plates down. We got to the point that we would just ignore what he complained about or give

warnings (never ending) despite his "demands" on a citation. These people need a beat down

for being a bad neighbor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

snip

I'm not the kind to retaliate, but I would like to know what causes someone to just call the cops for such minor infractions. If we were parked opposite of someone's driveway I guess I could understand. Or even if it was that person's house. Who knows... just needed to rant I guess

Some people's lives are so dreary and miserable that they want to drag everyone else down with them.

It's where the term "misery loves company" comes from. People like to see others suffer too.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Bitch azz snitches, get left in ditches

ya hurd?

show dat foo whats up dawg

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]
People get old and retire. Daytime TV is boring.

Find a better neighborhood to move to.

Rent your current house out to the worst white trash 10 kid family you can find.

????

Profit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's where the term "misery loves company" comes from. People like to see others suffer too.

Last person I had call the police on me seemed like a happy and polite girl.  She told the cop she thought she was doing the right thing when she called 911 to report me when she saw me replacing a headlight bulb.  The cop claimed it was illegal for me to do that in this city in shared residential parking, but my defense was that since it was a motorcycle I couldn't legally drive it somewhere else to replace the bulb.  The cop wanted me to remove the bulb and have the bike towed offsite to replace the bulb.  As I heard in the HOA meeting, this girl has called the police more than a dozen times that they knew about for things as minor as seeing someone with fish food which Miss Sherlock deducted meant that they had an illegal aquarium.  The girl isn't miserable.  She's just a typical modern Democrat from a nanny state.z
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last person I had call the police on me seemed like a happy and polite girl.  She told the cop she thought she was doing the right thing when she called 911 to report me when she saw me replacing a headlight bulb.  The cop claimed it was illegal for me to do that in this city in shared residential parking, but my defense was that since it was a motorcycle I couldn't legally drive it somewhere else to replace the bulb.  The cop wanted me to remove the bulb and have the bike towed offsite to replace the bulb.  As I heard in the HOA meeting, this girl has called the police more than a dozen times that they knew about for things as minor as seeing someone with fish food which Miss Sherlock deducted meant that they had an illegal aquarium.  The girl isn't miserable.  She's just a typical modern Democrat from a nanny state.z

The fuck?

Move, dude.

I understand the rules about not changing oil in my apartment complex parking lot, etc... but something as dumb as a headlamp?  Get fucking real.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?  

Move, dude.

I understand the rules about not changing oil in my apartment complex parking lot, etc... but something as dumb as a headlamp?  Get fucking real.

This

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and people cant understand why i fought and helped defeated zoning in my small town
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 2:22:03 AM EDT
[#19]
MOW YOUR GRASS.

BRING IN YOUR GARBAGE CANS AFTER PICKUP

BRING IN THE NEWSPAPERS

CONFROM TO COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND STOP PARKING LIKE A DOUCHEBAG
If you want to overnight park, you probably get a pass by calling in the vehicle that night.
Lots of places don't let you park on the hydrant side. My city doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 2:52:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I wonder if he lives on the same street as XDBACKUPGUN?

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
MOW YOUR GRASS.

BRING IN THE NEWSPAPERS

If you want to overnight park, you probably get a pass by calling in the vehicle that night.

Or you could put a big fucking sign in your front yard that says "SNITCHES GET STITCHES" with a skull and crossbones on it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MOW YOUR GRASS.

BRING IN THE NEWSPAPERS

Or you could put a big fucking sign in your front yard that says "SNITCHES GET STITCHES" with a skull and crossbones on it.

Sounds like a TARGET of opportunity.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:14:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MOW YOUR GRASS.

BRING IN THE NEWSPAPERS

citation for non-conforming sign.   $150

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:16:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:34:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MOW YOUR GRASS.

BRING IN THE NEWSPAPERS

citation for non-conforming sign.   $150

stitches in your forehead $250

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:43:00 AM EDT
[#26]
before this turns into a kill-thy-neighbor paranoid narc hunt let me point out a couple verities.

1. "complaint from a neighbor" is usually a lie.  It makes the cop's life easier because it deflects your anger at someone else and he doesn't
    have to deal with your bullshit.

2.  enforcing all those chickenshit parking rules is part of a community-standards method of keeping the riff-raff out/controlled.  

3. once you pop on a cops radar screen for a chickenshit violation, you will be under enhanced scrutiny for a while.  You  become the nail that sticks up.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

before this turns into a kill-thy-neighbor paranoid narc hunt let me point out a couple verities.

1. "complaint from a neighbor" is usually a lie.  It makes the cop's life easier because it deflects your anger at someone else and he doesn't

2.  enforcing all those chickenshit parking rules is part of a community-standards method of keeping the riff-raff out/controlled.  

3. once you pop on a cops radar screen for a chickenshit violation, you will be under enhanced scrutiny for a while.  You  become the nail that sticks up.

So what if the person parking isn't riff raff... what if that person LIVES there?

If I come under scrutiny because of some chickenshit rule... that just tells me that obviously there is too much emphasis put on chickenshit, in general.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You are clueless.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#29]
." The officer also said something about not parking on the same side of the road as the hydrant (which aren't even close to my house).

Strange.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Live on base. God forbid you talk to the people that live next to you. Fucking board ass fat fuck spouses that have nothing better to do than call SP's for dogs that get out and kids that play in the street. Than they have the nerve to waddle over and ask if I can mow their lawn cause their fat fuck hubby works nights and they can't push the mower cause they are also fat and just plain lazy. I had cops and fire dept stop by  after they got a call about a fire at my house cause I had the smoker going. WTF? I was sitting right next to it. My other neighbor is a fire fighter and was sitting with me the whole time and though it was funny.  I wish I knew where I was going to retire at cause I would buy a house just to get out of housing. Which its a real shame cause its the nicest housing that I have ever lived in. The thing that sucks is the neighbors.

Fuck telling anyone I have guns. Probably have the Wing King himself come over to disarm me after fat fuck cum keeper and her meal ticket fat fuck "I work nights so I don't have to put up with her" husband neighbor calls it in that I have a arsenal.

Dude, living on base is full fucking retard.

When we lived on Quantico my wife, who was a brand new mil spouse accidently parked in the next door units parking spot. (The spots were supposedly marked but were basically illegible).  That started this fucking vendetta of stupid bullshit from the next door neighbor. I tried to go over and make piece but the fucking sea cow and her fat perma light duty shitbag career LCPL hubby just copped an attitude and told me it was not them. The closing shot was when they moved out they dumped gasoline all over our tomato plants.  

After that we moved out of base housing on our own dime and lived in a condo to avoid the bullshit till my EAS.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Once and a while is fine but I had two neighbor and everyone else in the hood parking on the street for months. I said fuck it and turn them all in. Then I had my two neighbors clinging to the idea that they could leave their xmas lights up, park on the street and leave their trash cans out for months. I said fuck them and turn their ass' in repeatedly. The houses in this area cost 200k and you wanna park on the street and leave the trash cans out......
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#32]
My 13 lb dog pooped at the edge of a common area and the forest and, I had two cruisers respond to my dogs poop.
Lol

true story
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#33]
A friend and I went to NC to another friends house for a weekend. Our hosts father has a bunch of land and is a avid shooter. We were there for a large shoot, and took down some hardware with us.

When we arrived....our host wasn't home yet...we called and he said he was held up at work for a bit but would be there in 45 mins or so....to go into the back yard and chill on the patio. No problem...so we unloaded the surburban to the back patio and waited.

This is where the fun began....most everything was in cases.....but a few items were in "socks"....and we both had sidearms displayed openly. 14 firearms total....not much...but the neighbors aparrently "flipped the fuck out". We were sitting there at the table drinking water....when all of a sudden 4 cruisers came flying down the road....turned into the culdesack...and stopped in front of the house. There is a tall privacy fence we could see through....and one of the neighbors came running down to one of the cop cars talking a million miles an hour.

We looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh even though it could be serious situation. My buddy was a cop at the time...and had his badge....he walked out of the gate with badge in hand.....and me following slowly and open handed behind him. It took all of a minute to explain.

Our friend showed up a few minutes later....and there was 4 cop cars in front of his house....We were in the back having show and tell with the cops. He was livid at his neighbor.

He has since moved.....but nosey neighbors are always a pain in  the ass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#35]
We are Allowed to park the street here.
Dont know of anyplace that you aren't around here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Other side of that coin is lots of Arfcommers aren't trash, and don't want trash living next to them.  

Although the events in the original post do seem to fall into the "chickenshit" catagory.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Texas- all public roads are public.

If I want to park my POS in front of your house I can. Not that I would do it for longer than a day but if i need to there are no tickets for "over night" parking. Especially if you live there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#38]
So let me get this straight.....you arent allowed to park your car on the street?
In front of your own home?
That you pay taxes on?

WTF Over?

Your neighbors sound like assholes.
And frankly, so does the cop who is nit-picking on their behalf.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Wait you're not allowed to park your car on the street overnight?

Get off the kings road!

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#40]
How do you know a cop  on regular patrol didn't just drive down your street?

Why can't you park on your street overnight?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#41]
And this is why I now live in the mtns on 20 plus acres, its to buffer me from the fucking morons of the world.  

When I lived in suburbia I had the dumb neighbor shit and couldn't wait to leave.  Thankfully I was able to get the fuck out and move somewhere rural.  I just could not tolerate that shit day in and day out for the rest of my life.

I commend the people who are able to live by these assinine rules.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Once and a while is fine but I had two neighbor and everyone else in the hood parking on the street for months. I said fuck it and turn them all in. Then I had my two neighbors clinging to the idea that they could leave their xmas lights up, park on the street and leave their trash cans out for months. I said fuck them and turn their ass' in repeatedly. The houses in this area cost 200k and you wanna park on the street and leave the trash cans out......

I actually may be moving to SC soon what area do you live in so i know to avoid it. It's nice that you enjoy dictating what people do with their own property. Looks like i found another Arfcom sunshine freedom lover.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Its threads like these that make me anxious to own a house somewhere one day.

God help my neighbors if they think they're going to fuck with me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He needed a parking spot cause he.................had none
He fought the law and the........................law won
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A little background... I live on a dead-end road with not much traffic. One night the driveway was full so I parked on the road. Well, the next morning I had a ticket for "Overnight Park". Oh well, it was only $20. I was a little mad because I didn't see why a police cruiser would be patrolling a quiet dead-end road at 7 AM. The road is curved a little so the house isn't visible from the main road. I figured someone called on me.

Tonight my best friend came over and parked on the road. He got here at 5, and we used my car to go eat. We got back at 7, and a police cruiser was behind his car. The officer said someone called and complained. It was daylight, so it's not like this was another "overnight park." The officer also said something about not parking on the same side of the road as the hydrant (which aren't even close to my house). All right... no ticket since we moved it, and I guess another lesson learned.

I just don't understand why someone is so upset about a car parked in front of someone else's (my) house. Sometimes cars park at the very end. And holy hell, you should have seen the road on Easter, cars lining the street on both sides!

I'll trade you what my mom has been dealing with. She lives in one of those "active adult communities", condo groupings that you have to be 55 and over in order to purchase/live. The kind that always have one of the dreaded Homeowners Associations overseeing the place.

Well, one cantankerous old fart had a vision for the beauty of HIS neighborhood. Cars, you see, are a blight on the community. Unless being taken out for a Sunday afternoon drive around the block, they ought to be like children in the old days...not seen and not heard. Ever. Trouble was, the condo right next to his owned three cars, so there was always at least one parked on the driveway every day. And if they had people over, two on the driveway and maybe one on the side of the road. This was a BAD THING, and was destroying the rustic view of the development (which should be rows of condos, all looking exactly the same, with well kept lawns, and empty driveways). And after six months of him pestering the shit out of the HOA board, they gave in to shut him up. Now, if you commit the egregious sin of parking ON THE DRIVEWAY overnight.....$25 dollar fine. Fail to pay the fine, or do it again while still having a fine, and they'll put a lien on the house.

I put it down to this....some people are just complete, utter, unrepentant assholes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#46]
You said that your driveway was full. Full of what? Crap? Dead cars?

Maybe the neighbor thinks you should park in your own driveway.

Not that I agree, just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Find which neighbor it is and park in front of their house. Unless the street is posted as "no parking" why are the police even coming out? I'd start parking on the street daily and then putting in the drive way after a couple hours just to flush out whoever is causing the problem.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Living out in the country has its own ups and downs. Sometimes I wish we had some kind of zoning.Then I read threads like this and realize how good I got it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#49]
We have one of these on our street.

You probably do too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#50]
2 times my retired lib neighbors called the cops on me, both times i had just gotten back from a trip to the range, we all came back to my place for gun cleaning and bbq. 6-7 guys tables full of gun parts. the old bitch would have to go upstairs and look through a bedroom window to see us in my backyard, only way she could see over the privacy fence. we wernt loud, we wernt drunk, she and her fag husband were just new jersey liberals, the funny thing was we all knew the cops that showed up bothtimes, good friends as a matter of fact. they moved
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top