Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2010 10:12:08 AM EDT

Tile by the front door.

Kitchen Cabinets

Master bedroom looking towards bathroom

Master bath

Master bath w/ Des standing in the shower... Joke away boys..

Master closet with two lights and hiding place for midgets.

Main floor bath, that flooring is going throughout the entire main level, kitchen, dining room, and living room.

A look at what the kitchen floors will look like w/ the cabinets.

A few of the appliances are in.

touch top stove.

Lights and speaker outlet for that half of kitchen.

Front room off of kitchen.

This is the dining room off of kitchen and next to front room.   We close and move in on May 13, so it is getting down to crunch time.....

A view of my garage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Really sweet looking house.  If it was in NYS, you'd get raped from the property taxes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent!  What part of VA you in?  I need to get out of the condo I'm in now, too small, no space for a workbench and tools.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
FAIL

I see no built in gun safe.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
congrats, and it looks good.

I know you posted in the other thread that it was due to the insanely high cost.  But I do not know if I could willingly build attached to other neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Excellent!  What part of VA you in?  I need to get out of the condo I'm in now, too small, no space for a workbench and tools.

This.  Where in VA?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Your house and wife are both beautiful.

Northern VA?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Why would you put tile on the wall and hang the door sideways?

Time to call Mike Holmes.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/DonnieGTI/House/DSCN2386.jpg

That was my first thought, too. LOL

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/DonnieGTI/House/DSCN2386.jpg

That pic really fucks with your perspective LOL.

Nice house.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#11]
no balcony or patio would be a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know you posted in the other thread that it was due to the insanely high cost. But I do not know if I could willingly build attached to other neighbors.

On the plus side, you'll save some on heating and cooling (fewer exterior walls).

On the down side, if your neighbors suck, you're right next to them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks gorgeous!

Congrats on the house, btw
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Too many windows.  It will be hard to defend during the invasion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice, you must earn more than I do.    

Hope you enjoy what looks to be a great home.    How much property with it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
no balcony or patio would be a deal breaker.

There will be a 24' x 10' deck. They just haven't put it on yet.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FAIL

I see no built in gun safe.

You sir, must not have seen the other thread.

And I can cut a hole in the top of that little room and it will be in the floor of the master bedroom closet.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok....that is a beautiful "house"

but it appears that your "house" is connected to another "house"

Is this a condo or duplex? either way if it is No VA I am sure it is very expensive. I dont even want to know what your taxes are.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#19]
where's the vault room?  

jk, looks great - you have good tastes!  

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you posted in the other thread that it was due to the insanely high cost. But I do not know if I could willingly build attached to other neighbors.

On the plus side, you'll save some on heating and cooling (fewer exterior walls).

On the down side, if your neighbors suck, you're right next to them.

Very true, on the upside, we have an end unit so only neighbors on one side. Plus there is a 12" wall between us and we met, they are pretty cool. NO KIDS!!!!!!!!

Also, thank you to everyone who said the house and lady are beautiful. We are in Leesburg, VA. However; not in the city the house is next to a 700 acre nature preserve so building should stay to a minimum.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#21]
There is this magical line south of PA, where, once you cross it, all the houses are stuck together, and three stories tall. My buddy lives in Clifton, in a townhouse. I love it, but, even at 45, my knees are fucking shot. If it has an elevator, I guess it would be cool. But I only have a few more years till replacement time.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is this a condo or duplex? either way if it is No VA I am sure it is very expensive. I dont even want to know what your taxes are.

It's not a condo, research condo vs. townhouse. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! I'm actually from CT and I'm shocked you would think it's more expensive here. Well, I guess it really depends on where in CT and where in VA. This part of VA is insane. Then again, taxes at my parents place in CT aren't cheap either.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent! What part of VA you in? I need to get out of the condo I'm in now, too small, no space for a workbench and tools.

This. Where in VA?
Leesburg? Chantilly?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Here is the link to a discussion about income. I'm well into 6 figures and she is about 10K shy of that mark. We actually did all the financing through me to take advantage of VA stuff. Just glad that if one of us loses a job, we can still afford the house. That was kind of the plan from the beginning.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1021312

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the link to a discussion about income. I'm well into 6 figures and she is about 10K shy of that mark. We actually did all the financing through me to take advantage of VA stuff. Just glad that if one of us loses a job, we can still afford the house. That was kind of the plan from the beginning.

trying to show-off eh, so why not buy a membership

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oddly enough I thought about that. Good news is I could block off the first floor leaving us with access to the Kitchen (main floor) and the bedrooms upstairs. The only thing that would be lost is the freezer chest that is going in the garage. I guess I could just block off the rec room on the first floor and punch a hole in the wall to the garage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

And I can cut a hole in the top of that little room and it will be in the floor of the master bedroom closet.

WAIT...are you saying you can slide down a pole into your gun safe?

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oddly enough I thought about that. Good news is I could block off the first floor leaving us with access to the Kitchen (main floor) and the bedrooms upstairs. The only thing that would be lost is the freezer chest that is going in the garage. I guess I could just block off the rec room on the first floor and punch a hole in the wall to the garage.

Black spray paint on the lower windows will work fine

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I see you live in Virginia. I seriously think you bought a house in my neighborhood.

Is it a town house? Maybe not then, but It does look like its around my area.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

WAIT...are you saying you can slide down a pole into your gun safe?

Yes, although the pole wouldn't be necessary because it is only a 4 foot drop. The room is on the landing of the stairs. It's the pic where I'm crouched down. The top of that room is the floor of our closet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I see you live in Virginia. I seriously think you bought a house in my neighborhood.

Yeah, townhouse on courtland village next to the nature preserve.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a condo, research condo vs. townhouse. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! I'm actually from CT and I'm shocked you would think it's more expensive here. Well, I guess it really depends on where in CT and where in VA. This part of VA is insane. Then again, taxes at my parents place in CT aren't cheap either.

not too familiar with townhouses, sorry to offend you

fairfield county is disgusting for taxes, my parents pay 10K for their house in monroe. I live in Wolcott, and pay 1/3 of that, but then again my house is half the size and land is about half also.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

trying to show-off eh, so why not buy a membership

No, I was just sharing my happiness with Arfcom. If I said I got a new job and crossed the 50K mark would it come across as showing off? Everyone has different milestones. As soon as I get my first paycheck I will be joining the team. I will also be updating my NRA membership to "life member"
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, townhouse on courtland village next to the nature preserve.

Your going to be a few counties above me then. Nice house though.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not too familiar with townhouses, sorry to offend you

fairfield county is disgusting for taxes, my parents pay 10K for their house in monroe. I live in Wolcott, and pay 1/3 of that, but then again my house is half the size and land is about half also.

No offense taken. It's a common mistake. Condo's have insurance much like apartments it goes into a community pool of money to pay for damage. TH you have home owners insurance. Condo's you either have upstairs or downstairs neighbors. We own all three floors plus the land (if there is any). Condo you only own the interior of the house, none of the land. We are in Loudoun county which is one county west of Fairfax. Taxes here are pretty high compared to the national average. I think Fairfax is a bit more expensive because you are just that much closer to D.C.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We are in Leesburg, VA.

I live in Purcellville.

Lots of arfcommers in the area.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are in Leesburg, VA.

I live in Purcellville.

Lots of arfcommers in the area.

Sweet. We will host a BBQ and everyone is welcome. We looked at single family homes in Purcellville with 5+ acres, but a 20 yr old house for 400K+ was not what we were looking for. Nice area though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top