Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/17/2010 2:59:58 AM EDT
She was a rising Christian singer a few years ago, then she disappeared. Turns out she had been living a lesbian lifestyle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I help? She needs therapy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
2 Timothy 3:1-5 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will belovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
*Sigh*
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Imagine that. Christians aren't perfect after all.

We all have issues we need to deal with. Some give up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2 Timothy 3:1-5 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will belovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

What are you trying to say by quoting that?

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd squirt one on her while I watched her do her GF !
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Classy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Christian music is boring IMHO, Christian "rock" sucks moose balls.  Reminds me of the South Park episode where they took a good song and replaced "you" with "Jesus"
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That... doesn't mean anything.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Christian music is boring IMHO, Christian "rock" sucks moose balls.  Reminds me of the South Park episode where they took a good song and replaced "you" with "Jesus"

Imagine that. Christian music has the word "Jesus" in it. The shame. Oh, and how boring.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Just proves what I have always said...Pie is the root of all evil, and the most dangerous gateway drug of our time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm more despondent over Anna Pacquin's recent admission that she prefers the clam chowder...

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:29:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I would like to offer my lesbian deprogramming services to (either) of these misguided young women.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:32:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm more despondent over Anna Pacquin's recent admission that she prefers the clam chowder...

http://i40.tinypic.com/o0qiqs.jpg

IIRC she gets both.....in true arfcom style.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:36:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No shit Tekka!  Man has always been like this and will continue to act as such.  You could use this verse for every damn thread in General discussion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She sells herself as a Christian artist with a Godly image, but she chooses to chase after her lusts while ignoring and condemning God's instructions and warnings about her sin. In other words she sells a form of Godliness, but isn't living it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:46:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She sells herself as a Christian artist with a Godly image, but she chooses to chase after her lusts while ignoring and condemning God's instructions and warnings about her sin. In other words she sells a form of Godliness, but isn't living it.

Oh brother.

The reason she dropped off the Christian music scene years ago is because she didn't want her fans to be fooled into buying her records not knowing her lifestyle or the lifestyle she was about to enter. That shows integrity.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:46:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Years, and i mean years back i got to hang out with her at a youth retreat when she was just starting out.  She was really sweet and super cute. I'm glad i didn't know that back then because im still a man at heart and would have had sinful thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#20]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Lesbian trapped in a mans body
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:52:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm saying the body of Christ is increasingly deluded and falling away and that it's going to get worse.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:58:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm saying the body of Christ is increasingly deluded and falling away and that it's going to get worse.  

Concur. And we WILL have to answer for it. Stay faithful out there brothers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She walked away from an award-winning career and hasn't been seen in something like 7 years.  Now she's back with a new record that is NOT on a Christian record label and doesn't refer to herself as a Christian artist.  This girl has not misrepresented herself at all.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Meh........................
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#25]
One thing I've learned about Christian musicians.

The are just musicians.  No different then other ones.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:39:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Of all the music they play on the "christian" radio stations, I totally agree.  To find the good stuff, you have to know where to look - and it's usually not in the so-called "christian bookstores" that are full of weird shirts and junk.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nobody is perfect?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#28]
and exactly HOW does this disqualify her as being a christian singer?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I listen to Christian music sometimes.  Not the overly Jesus-y stuff but most of it has a positive message and I prefer it over the "you're my obsession" and "I'm addicted to you" lyrics in mainstream music.

As for someone's sexuality and quoting scripture... the Bible also says "Judge not lest ye be judged."  That is God's job.  My part in all of this is to mind my own behavior.

If one were truly to emulate Jesus's behavior there would be a lot more acceptance and love for our fellow man.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Why??

Don't you?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:48:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Jesus wasn't gay, so her and Jesus have something in common...
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
and exactly HOW does this disqualify her as being a christian singer?

It does not disqualify her singing Christian music at all.  The Bible speaks harshly about homosexuality so she would not be a Christian.

What it does though is directly impact her ability to SELL Christian music.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:55:30 AM EDT
[#33]

As long as I get to watch, then I dont care.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:56:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I pray you are bless with a wonderful and intelligent child or grandchild that finds love in the same sex. I further pray that God will bless you with the ability to find your way through your distain and love them still. Hopefully God will help you get past your intolerance and find happiness in their happiness. But I doubt it, its rare that God helps those who wont help themselves or choose to remain blind.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She walked away from an award-winning career and hasn't been seen in something like 7 years.  Now she's back with a new record that is NOT on a Christian record label and doesn't refer to herself as a Christian artist.  This girl has not misrepresented herself at all.  

It has nothing to do with her music and career. And it doesn't apply solely to her. It's indicative of the ways things are getting these days and for the most part, that passage is true. And I ain't no holy roller here but we're not progressing as a society in a good way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I listen to Christian music sometimes.  Not the overly Jesus-y stuff but most of it has a positive message and I prefer it over the "you're my obsession" and "I'm addicted to you" lyrics in mainstream music.

There are also bands like Skillet and Switchfoot that get their music played on "mainstream" radio as well. I've been hearing Skillet's "Hero" played multiple times on a couple hard rock stations in the past few days.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I pray you are bless with a wonderful and intelligent child or grandchild that finds love in the same sex. I further pray that God will bless you with the ability to find your way through your distain and love them still. Hopefully God will help you get past your intolerance and find happiness in their happiness. But I doubt it, its rare that God helps those who wont help themselves or choose to remain blind.

When their 'happiness' is a sin there is no happiness to be found in it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Mankind, on earth, has always and always will act as a brute.  Things have been FAR FAR FAR worse as far as atrocities and the wanton tendencies of man, so please spare me the "hell in a bucket" speech, it doesn't ring true.  As a species, and as collective societies, we continue to improve over what was.  Some of you derive your worth via some strange shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:06:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC she gets both.....in true arfcom style.

You, sir, have brightened my day - and given me hope.  Misguided, pathetic hope, but hope nonetheless.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:15:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm pretty happy........

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

It IS GD.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:21:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, this is a horror on par with Pol Pot.  Clearly we are in the last days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Cynical career move. All that's missing is the book deal and a made for television movie.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know right!

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know right!

Sex and Culture by J. D. Unwin. Look it up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:29:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Now she is a Christian/ Lesbian singer.she just expanded her niche !!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are blessed as well!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Female bisexuality is a beautiful thing, but only when said females are hot.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Cynical career move. The book deal and made for television movie comes next. Look for future appearances on Ellen, The View, and Oprah.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top