Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 7:29:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you liked MIG PILOT, you'll enjoy reading FULCRUM as well. This book is about the less well known defection of a MIG 29.  Its a little more upto date, the same theme as MIG PILOT.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The MiG-29 pilot, Alex Zuyev (sp?) was killed either last year or a year before in a Yak-11 crash here in Washington State with another private pilot. I believe it was the fall of 2000 as that was the same time my best friend, a US Air Force WSO in training was killed in a crash during a training flight in Alabama. He was a Russian immigrant and was with me at an aviation expo in Tacoma Wa. where we both met Zuyev and got autographed copies of Fulcrum. I've also got a flight jacket with a MiG-29 patch that Zuyev signed...

Great book though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the opportunity to meet Alexander Zuyev, the author of "Fulcrum", at the 1993 EAA Oshkosh fly-in. Got my copy of his book signed, "To Mark, a fellow pilot, for the love of freedom, from Russia with MiG. Excellent read, he credits Lt. Victor Belenko in the acknowledgments for his own escape and for advice, quote, (even when I didn't want it!).
Very cool guy indeed,
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I read the book years ago and am proud to share the shade of the same  flag with a man like Mr. Belenko.

Best wishes from a fellow American, wherever you may be.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top