Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 6:21:04 PM EDT
Anyone hear of this group?   I been listening to these guys on the radio, and their last two singles ROCK!!!

Kinda reminds me of some Heavy Metal back in the 80's.

So, you like or dont?

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, they do rock.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, i'm afraid so...
just like Rage, i just don't pay  any attention to their dipshit lyrics.[rolleyes]

just turned my gf on to monster magnet! yeah!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuggaaaa.........
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What's funny is that these guy's are all Armenian, and they've mad it big.  One or two of them actually went to a high school in my city (my high school's cross town rival).  I like their music too, but sadly, they have admitted (the lead singer at the least) to being liberal pukes.  

Oh well, can't win 'em all eh?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I like Bluegrass.

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]
music is pretty cool, but after 9/11 they came on to MTV and basically said that the US deserved the attacks because of their foreign policies. i really dont like them too much now[:(]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I am with pbrstreetgang on this one.  I like the music itself.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I has to vote "old fart" I am 30 after all.  I have heard of them but, can't tell you if I have heard their music.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry, I like Bluegrass.

Kyle
View Quote
Ditto!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
music is pretty cool, but after 9/11 they came on to MTV and basically said that the US deserved the attacks because of their foreign policies. i really dont like them too much now[:(]
View Quote

I did not know that.

Thanks
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
As someone else pointed out, I like them and rage, but hate the point of view.  I chock it up to "Know your enemy" LOL  And I have to say that any pro gun rock/punk/heavy metal is probably not what you would want to have in your collection as most of the music I have seen that fits this is also white sepratist/supremisit(sp)  On the odd chance you ever get busted "Local man busted with machine guns and racist music" and all would be the headline.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, Chop Suey and Toxicity do rock but have you listened to any other songs they sing? Weird man, just weird.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#13]
They aren't hitting on much in the talent department. They do have one catchy song.

I'd say they'll fade in about 18 months.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#14]
As for the old fart group beginning at 30?!?  I'm 29 and I was in the mosh pit on Wednesday night... you are only as old as you think you are.. and I refuse to grow up! [:D]

I saw System of a Down with POD and Mr Bungle on the SnoCore tour two or three years ago.. they're great in concert!  If their political views are not in line with mine, I can still enjoy their music.  I think Ernest Hemingway was a boorish, abusive drunk but I still loved "For Whom The Bell Tolls."    

As for them fading in 18 months?  They've been around quite a while and have a rather big following... I wouldn't lay money down on that bet.  [:P]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Saw Bad Religion the other night - they have a new song called "Kyoto Now!".  When they played it, some guy in the pit wearing one of those masks that Mexican Pro-wrestlers wear freaked out.  Must've been his favorite song.

Most of these bands don't know what the fuck they're saying half the time anyway.  They just bitch for the sake of bitching.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone hear of this group?   I been listening to these guys on the radio, and their last two singles ROCK!!!

Kinda reminds me of some Heavy Metal back in the 80's.

So, you like or dont?

c-rock
View Quote

I have to admit that I am an old fart....I don't pay much attention to today rock.  But, as you put it, I will try to listen to this group, and I will let you know how I feel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They aren't hitting on much in the talent department. They do have one catchy song.

I'd say they'll fade in about 18 months.
View Quote

They have been around a long time. Just hit mainstream recently. Personally, I like bands I dont hear on the radio, they can go go back to being less popular. Don't worry, the music industry influence will ruin them.

"Free Thinkers Are Dangerious!"
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#18]
As far as my opinion on them fading in about 18 months, I'm basing that on the fact that their record label isn't doing too much promotion.

Last time I saw such a reverse of support was with Seven Mary Three or Better Than Ezra back around '96.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well I has to vote "old fart" I am 30 after all.  I have heard of them but, can't tell you if I have heard their music.
View Quote

dude... i'm 35! get with it! what are you all ready to climb into that pine box now?[:D][:D][:D]

anyway, they're just a bunch of dumbshit kids who won the music industry lottery. what the hell do they know about the world anyway? they and chumbawamba can kiss my ass.[:D][moon][:D]

tunes rock though.

the new [i]down[/i] cd arrives monday.(rubbing hands with glee)[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#22]
YES
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#23]
If you like SOAD, you might like Fear Factory and Machine Head. Good 'ole white trash, thrash metal without all the SOAD "foreign policy" BS. I prefer Fear Factory.

I will miss RATM, and FF for they are both no more.
Speaking of no more...........(cool segway huh?)
Mr. Bungle was the creation of Mike Patton, of Faith No More. While Mr. Bungle was a little of off the edge, FNM was always one of my all-time favs. Most people are only familiar with "Epic".
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm 25 and never heard of them.  Not a big music buff though, except old 80's rock.  
Bill3508
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Sugar!

Sometime I whimsically sing part of that song in my head in the morning when I’m taking my CCW with me.
“I got a gun the other day, its cute, its small, it fits right in my pocket……….” [:D]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you like SOAD, you might like Fear Factory and Machine Head.
View Quote

funny, i saw this and was about to suggest machine head- particaularly their first album, which has the song 'davidian' on it... guess what that one is all about!

i do like SOAD a hell of a lot, and their singer, serjian, actually came out on howard stern and justified his statements- the fact that they are all of armenian descent, and love america because of the freedom that we have here. they do have the right disagree, as do we all...

and as another aside, if you like mr. bungle, you should check out 'fantomas', one of mike patton's other projects- most recent album 'director's cuts'- various remakes of classic movie songs. not for the faint of heart- or hard of hearing!
View Quote

Yea, Machine Head's first album; "Burn My Eyes".  Good album. I have thier concert T-shirt from '95. Sounds like we have simular taste in music. I seen both MH and FF in concert in Deep Ellum, Dallas about 6months ago.

Hank, I'll check out Fantmas, I've heard of it. Patton is boarderline insane. I imagine that is has alot of keyboard, brass, and screaming.

Blind man ask me forgiveness
I won't deny myself
Disrespect you have given
Your suffering's my wealth
I feed off pain, force fed to love it
And now I swallow whole
I'll never live in the past
[b]Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast[/b]

Burn my fist to the concrete
My fear is my strength
Power, rage unbound because
Been pounded by the streets
Cyanide blood burns down the skyline
Hatred is purity
The bullet connects at last
[b]Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast[/b]

Scarred
Pour the salt in the wound
Unscarred
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top