Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 1:40:17 PM EDT
What is the deal with the “toilet paper” in an MRE?
You get all this food and a couple squares of TP.
How do you MIL guys wipe your butts with almost no paper?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
the TP in an MRE is barely enough to wipe yer ass with. In the field, just as long as you get the big chunks off yer ass, yer good 2 go!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you are actually supposed to use them to wipe your ass. You are supposed to use them to wipe off your hand after you finishing wiping your butt with your hand.

But what do I know....
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Meal goes in, meal goes out [:D].

I guess the TP is there to aid in the completion of the process.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Prairie-Ranger comes close from what I remember... you're supposed to push your finger thru the paper, do your wiping with previously mentioned finger, then use the TP to clean finger. (IIRC) [:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
ahhhhhh yes, the one wipe wizard.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I always had logs when eating MREs.   Hardly any mess at all....

The never "plugged" me up but I would go longer between sit-downs.

I am a regular 2-3 times a day.  Change my diet to MREs and I might go once a day or day and a half.

There is no time for shitting during a firefight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Prairie-Ranger comes close from what I remember... you're supposed to push your finger thru the paper, do your wiping with previously mentioned finger, then use the TP to clean finger. (IIRC) [:)]
View Quote

I had an old 1SG tell me once you open the toilet paper.

Extend your pointer finger, drape the paper over your finger.

Next tear off the tip of the paper, put this tip in your pocket. DO NOT LOOSE IT!

Wipe your rear with your finger, then pull the paper over your finger, cleaning your finger off.

Final step, reach into your pocket, remove the tip of toilet paper. This is used to clean the shit from under your pointer finger finger nail.

Resume combat operations!

Edited to add: What a great post to reply to for my 100th post![beer]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Easy - you save it until you DO need it.  I'm pretty regular, but that drops off to about every two days on MRE's for any length of time.  Also, you're pretty damn solid by then, so you don't need to wipe 40 times.  Twice will do.

MRE = Meal Refusing to Exit.  Live off of them for about a week and you will understand...  Be careful when returning to "regular" food.  It's not as bad as the Crat transition, but be careful until you know how your system will react...

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is no time for shitting during a firefight.
View Quote

Plenty of time to shit. Just not a lot of time to wipe!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Eat the MRE then eat the TP. MRE comes out first followed by the paper. Automatic wipe. No mess.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Eat the MRE then eat the TP. MRE comes out first followed by the paper. Automatic wipe. No mess.
View Quote

Oh shit.  That was funny.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
[:D] [:D] [:D]
That has to be marketable.
Kind of a reverse-enema.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#15]
That was toilet paper!! [:X*]

j/k -- I know better [BD]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Throw the MRE TP away.

Get the real TP from your ruck, track or truck. If you did not bring enough real T to the field, you are an idiot and deserve to us MRE TP. Every vehicle usually had several rolls floating around it, somewhere, at a minimum. It was considered a necessary part of the vehicle, like engines or tires. For long field problems, several cases would be around. It was less important than water or ammo, but probably more important than fuel or coffee.

Wipe as normal.

Also, many places, especially overseas, everyone was so envornmentally sensitive, even ten years ago, that they did not want you crapping in cat holes. As a result, there was usually some kind of porta-john within walking distance. They usually got serviced every few days, including a re-stock of TP.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Throw the MRE TP away.

Get the real TP from your ruck, track or truck. If you did not bring enough real T to the field, you are an idiot and deserve to us MRE TP. Every vehicle usually had several rolls floating around it, somewhere, at a minimum. It was considered a necessary part of the vehicle, like engines or tires. For long field problems, several cases would be around. It was less important than water or ammo, but probably more important than fuel or coffee.

Wipe as normal.

Also, many places, especially overseas, everyone was so envornmentally sensitive, even ten years ago, that they did not want you crapping in cat holes. As a result, there was usually some kind of porta-john within walking distance. They usually got serviced every few days, including a re-stock of TP.
View Quote

True on the serious side of things, in Germany we always had Porta-poties. Even when we went to the field and stayed outside of some German town in the woods, Porta-poties were there. But I think this thread was meant more for the lighter side of it!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Good job, QUIB.

You are faithful Keeper of the Legend.

When civilization collapses, and history is neglected, your knowledge will have value.

Mankind may yet survive, as long as this wisdom is not lost.

Pass it on to your children, as I have, so that the old ways will not be forgotten.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]
    In the winter up here, we are actually supposed to shit in a bag and take it out with the trash since you can't dig a slit trench in frozen ground. And no pissin in the bag either! You're actually supposed to be able to keep from takin' a wiz as you crap.
   The worst has to be a Fort Greely in December porta can though. Nothing like whippin it out in -20 to take a dump on a plastic seat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MRE = Meal Refusing to Exit.
View Quote

LMAO!!!  That's another I can add to Meals Rejected by Everybody, and Meals Recently Excreted.  Thanks FreeFire.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:08:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good job, QUIB.

You are faithful Keeper of the Legend.

When civilization collapses, and history is neglected, your knowledge will have value.

Mankind may yet survive, as long as this wisdom is not lost.

Pass it on to your children, as I have, so that the old ways will not be forgotten.
View Quote

I had no idea of the gift bestowed upon me, thank you GovtThug, I will not let you down.

The Legend will not die..................LOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:32:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top