Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 9:25:46 AM EDT
I guess I've put off buying a scanner long enough.  I was reading the thread where scanned pictures from Vietnam were posted, and I thought it would be a good idea to scan mine, for preservation if nothing else.  Sooo, I'm now looking for recommendations, preferably in the $200 range.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the Canon CanoScan N1200 series.  Excellent scan quality and it takes its power off of the USB port, so no extra power cord to mess with.  I've used it with my laptop running off of batteries where I didn't have access to AC power and it has worked great.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
HP Scanjet 4300cxi (or whatever the model # is now). Sweet scanner. Pick mine up at Best Buy.

Pictures I scan look crystal clear.

Av.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
you'll get perfectly satisfactory results from any name brand scanner capable of 600x600 resolution and 32million colors or better, and you should be able to do it for well under 200.

peronally i prefer a flatbed, you can scan anything you can put on it, including handguns!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not computer savvy, but to me HP products seem to always work and have the best support.

I tried a cheaper scanner, it didn't have shielded wire and the computers frequency got into the scanner and caused it to malfunction, the machine was horseshit.

Someone that knows puters could have got the cheaper one to work but I couldn't. I got the HP home, plugged in all the shielded wires, installed the software a new driver from their site and was ready to scan.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I went for the HP 6300C(SE), which was $399 when I bought it in July 2000. Good quality scans. They are probably way less now. 1200 dpi optical, 1200 x 2400 dpi hardware resolution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top