Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2002 6:52:46 AM EDT
Dell Computers has set up a call center in my area to handle tech support. I'm bent out of shape for several reasons, reason #1 The local college has bent over backwords and given Dell several building for their use until Dell has a building of their own. In the meantime current students are forced to do without multiple computer labs and learning centers.

Today I can add reason #2. While driving into work I hear a Dell advertisement on the radio wanting people to submit applications. Toward the end of the radio broadcast I heard the words " a great workplace and Dell is an afirmitive action employer"

WTF!! Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion but give me a break, do they want a qualified individual or a quota to fill??

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The latter judging by some of the people I've talked to in their sales and customer support (which is why I only order online when I buy from them).

Consider using your pc at home. Why would you go to a computer lab? Silly students.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Idaho:

I think that the affirmative action language is actually or practically government mandated the same way every mortgage ad says Equal Housing Lender.  Don't sweat it.  

Shooter 69:

Many colleges have T-1 (or multiple T-1) lines for their computer labs servicing realatively up to date computers.  A lot of students have dinky dial-up modems and computers that Dad hasn't replaced since freshman year.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for that, Frances. Obviously you missed that I was joking. What Idaho said about the college providing dell with student facilities is outrageous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top