Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2002 3:58:52 AM EDT
[size=4]Clinton vet: Pets were
just props[/size=4]
[b]White House doc says Buddy, Socks banned from residence[/b]
By Paul Sperry © 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – The Clintons were not the animal lovers they appeared to be in those family photo ops walking with first dog Buddy on the South Lawn, a former White House veterinarian says.

Turns out the former first couple didn't allow Buddy or first cat Socks in the White House residence, according to the Army vet.

They even kept Socks "down in the basement," he said, before palming him off on secretary Betty Currie as they left the White House last year.

Clinton took Buddy with him to their New York home, but the chocolate Labrador retriever didn't live long in his care. The nearly 5-year-old dog escaped through an open gate in January and was run over by an SUV.

Clinton got Buddy as a puppy just before the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke.

"They didn't care about those animals," the vet told WorldNetDaily. "It was all for public consumption. It was show."

Buddy wasn't the first Clinton dog hit by a car.

In Little Rock, Ark., Zeke the cocker spaniel got loose and was struck by a car near the governor's mansion. Local sources say Hillary Clinton didn't like it in the house.

The family had Socks for 10 years. Chelsea Clinton took it off the hands of her Little Rock piano teacher, who found the stray kitten under her porch.

But last year they gave him away to Currie, who lives in Arlington, Va.

[b]Bill claimed he didn't have "enough space" for Socks at their Chappaqua, N.Y., mansion. "I love that old cat," he said. "I hate to give him up."[/b]

Hillary, meanwhile, said Socks needed a stable home during their transition to new digs. She was also moving into an expensive Whitehaven Parkway townhouse here at the time.

"To make this time of transition as easy as possible for Socks, the family decided that it would be best, while the Washington residence is being readied for occupancy, if he stayed with someone that he knew," explained Sen. Clinton's aide Alice Pushkar in a Jan. 23, 2001, letter to the Socks the Cat Fan Club.

See remainder of article at:[url]
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26890[/url]

Eric The(DogLoving,ClintonHating)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]
No say it aint so!!!

Are they saying that Clinton was a Fake???

Noooooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The painful truth is that many self-involved/absorbed dickwipes aren't willing to honor their relationships with their [b]completely[/b] dependent pets. Suddenly, their trusting animals have become [b]"inconvenient,"[/b] and the thoughtless humans among us simply throw their lives away. These poor pets are [b]left alone[/b] to fight for its [b]life[/b] on the street, or perhaps [b]meet death[/b] after a few weeks confinement in a shelter cage. These "kill" shelters don't want to kill these animals--they'd love to adopt them all out--but the unrelenting flow of new homeless animals forces them to put pets to sleep to make more room.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is that Chelsea should consider herself lucky.

Very lucky, indeed.

'There, but for the Grace of God (and some child endangerment/abandonment laws), goes she!'

Eric The(Cynical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
For not loving animals, they sure treated Chelsey very well!  
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Dammit, I already think Clinton and Hillary are the biggest assholes of all time and you go and give me reason to make em even bigger.  Pretty soon they will fill up the solar system.  [rolleyes]

When all the facts are finally in, anyone that voted for those two (and I DO mean two) is gonna feel the need to take a serious emetic and purgative.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Two of Clintron's dogs committed suicide. "Death before dishonor" was their motto.

The most humane thing Clintron ever did was put Socks into a good home with Bettie Curry.

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Geez, you think their marriage was a sham too?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top