Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 2:50:15 PM EDT
been drinking since 2pm today. never thougtht drinking kills pain but at least it numbs it for a while. i feelk like shit gents. what can a guy do to bring himself up again? [beer]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
whats the problem?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've noticed this and more.  I swear that drinking will knock out some colds and virus. It also settles your stomach. It has great medicinal value used moderately.  One day, I will learn to use it moderately.  Until then, I live healthy while the old liver holds up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
whats the problem?
View Quote

i've only ogt 4 beers left. thats the problem.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
No, drinking just postpones pain...
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, drinking just postpones pain...
View Quote
whatever works...
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Marine,
Anything that kills the pain is OK... if used properly. Morphine, Demerol, Percoset,Alcohol etc...
Nobody, in this day and age should have to endure too much pain. We all take aspirin right?
Pain is a great teacher. Sometimes its needed so we can figure out not to put our hand on the stove.
Most painkillers are addictive, however. Their continued use will ruin your life and at the worst, kill you.That is the end to to drug or alcohol addiction.
Facing your pain, and dealing with it, hold far more opportunities for a good result. True heroes are not unafraid, they face the fear, and go throuhg it.
Get drunk, killl the pain for today. Tomorrow go get some help.
BP
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Drinking can also silence the voices in ones head.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Check this out......

ok...........
Say this out loud..........
WE TODD DID, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID.
(repeat)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:WE TODD DID, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID.
(repeat)
View Quote

Try this one...

MY RING EASE SOFA KING PLAT TURD

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pain is fear leaving the body.
View Quote

I think that is supposed to be "weakness leaving the body".  [:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone up for some online drinking games (based on the honor system)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that sounds funny.  Wonder how you can judge the winner?

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that sounds funny.  Wonder how you can judge the winner?

TheRedGoat
View Quote

like I said, the honor system. maybe a chugging contest or something.... although, i have to find a stopwatch somewhere.........
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#15]
when I get the Flu I always have some whiskey,Honey an Tea It knocks your arse out I do have to admit that after 2 decades of wanton alcohol lust the rest of the time when I go to see a Doctor tommorow I will be very pissed if he tells me I can't have my Bier after work(stomach problems) unaffectionately also known as "acid rain" Bile ETC. I hate purging my lunch when I get home and Bile rain in the morn but I love my Bier.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Man takes a drink,
Drink takes adrink,
Drink takes the man.
Firemen. They're the real heroes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man, I'd be game for sure. If of course I didn't have to work tomorrow (hanging drywall with a hangover was so much easier when I was 21).

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Years ago a close friend of mine was in a long distance relationship with a wench.  While he was away at graduate school she was horking all of his old fraternity brothers.  Halfway through his masters program he sold some of his rifles, bought a ring and headed back to the east coast to propose to her.  Luckily she had enough courage to tell him the truth.  He hopped back in the car, drove across the counrty, took the ring back to the jeweler and bought cases of liquor with the refund.

He drank until the liquor was gone.  Slept it off and then happily went on with his life.

An occaisional bender can be quite "medicinal".
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Years ago a close friend of mine was in a long distance relationship with a wench.  While he was away at graduate school she was horking all of his old fraternity brothers.  Halfway through his masters program he sold some of his rifles, bought a ring and headed back to the east coast to propose to her.  Luckily she had enough courage to tell him the truth.  He hopped back in the car, drove across the counrty, took the ring back to the jeweler and bought cases of liquor with the refund.

He drank until the liquor was gone.  Slept it off and then happily went on with his life.

An occaisional bender can be quite "medicinal".
View Quote

My situation isn't as bad, but close. I don't think i'd be able to go on as happy as he did if I lost her.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#20]
In retrospect, losing her was the best thing that ever happened to his life.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Marine,

I don't know why you're wasting time with piss water, but I just opened a bottle of Captain Morgan's so if you're still conscious, let's play a game. I'd suggest asshole, but I don't think I've got any cards in the house.  How about quarters?  

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In retrospect, losing her was the best thing that ever happened to his life.
View Quote
unfortunately, just the opposite with me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the first drink of the evening for Colonel Puff. .......

Anybody been there?

Once a Colonel, always a Colonel.

Or how about Buzz, or Bizz-Buzz?

Or howz about Thumper?

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Marine,

I don't know why you're wasting time with piss water, but I just opened a bottle of Captain Morgan's so if you're still conscious, let's play a game. I'd suggest asshole, but I don't think I've got any cards in the house.  How about quarters?  

[beer]
View Quote

Hey Homophile (LOL), standby on the drinking game... I'm watching the Sheild right now....
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Marine Grunt,

I hope that things will start looking up for you soon.  Women troubles are terrible.  Hang in there.

Schnert
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marine,

[beer]
View Quote

Hey Homophile (LOL), standby on the drinking game... I'm watching the Sheild right now....
View Quote

Well, at least you're laughing.  It's a start.  But I've already started playing.  Damn it I missed again.    [beer]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#27]
MG

things will get better they always do. and cheers all this talk enspired me to grab a cold coors lite. here's to you marine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for all the toasts gents. Things should be ok with me and my girl, even though I think what I did was unforgivable. She does forgive me, but I am my own worst critic and will never forgive myself. She wants to spend a few days by herself (not with another man she says), so by the time I sober up, things should be ok. We have had three absolutely perfect years together, and I suppose it's time we hit a bump in the road, but God as my witness, she will [b]NEVER[/b] be unhappy again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Devil Dog,

Alcohol is wonderful anesthetic, but less than a perfect painkiller. Email me and I'll open my bottle of Smirnoff to you.

I know you feel better now, though, and I agree with an occasional bender being at once harmless and helpful.

So Semper Fi, bro.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#30]
please, brother, don;t use vodka to relieve the pain, the boredom or ease depression. That's what Gin is for!

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Plenty of GatorAid and a big bowl of ice cream. When hunger comes back, chicken soup and saltine crackers and more GatorAid. No Tylenol, taking Tylenol after drinking alcohol is bad for the liver.

Hope you feel better soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top