Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 10:45:51 AM EDT
Looking for a reflex sight for flattops. Anybody have an educated opinion on these things?

Out of the following, which do you think are best, and in what order?

EOTech Holographic Diffraction Sights (Model 552, night vision mode)

Trijicon Reflex II (dot or triangle reticle)

Aimpoint M (night vision compatible)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got one of the bushnell holo-sights, and it is a lot of fun.  Reticle is clear, sharp and bright - even during bright days.  Relatively easy to zero, and still held 1.5" groups at 100 yds with South African 55 grain ammo.

I've used the military version of the Comp M at work, and I prefer the holosight to it - easier to get on target for me.  I have played with the trijicon, but don't particularly care for them - but don't really have enough experince to make an informed judgement.  

Hope my rambling helps...

LOAD SABOT!

Tanker
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, hopefully more folk will come forward with info like you have.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Do a search on the sights and optics forum. There have been a lot of posts there about all these sights.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I currently have an EOTech mounted on top of my flattop. It is perfect for blazing fast target acquisition(CQB!) and is rugged as hell. I personally feel it's a nice alternative to the Aimpoints out there which cost more money anyway. Also if you look around you'll notice more and more pics of professional "operators" sporting them on their weapons.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also if you look around you'll notice more and more pics of professional "operators" sporting them on their weapons.  
View Quote

GeeZ!!!!! What does the phone company need with AR's with holosights on them???? [;D] [:D]

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bushnell Holosite (made by EOTech, I think) on a Feather 9mm and an Aimpoint Comp ML on the AR.Both are good but my fav is the Aimpoint.  Also have a Tasco red-dot (not currently mounted) and a Tasco ProPoint on a full-size Kimber pistol.

HAD a Trijicon reflex II but sold it.... faded out in the daylight.   Yes, I know, it didn't need batteries but if you can't use it, what good is it?  :>(

The new Aimpoints are supposed to be good for about 1000 hours on the battery... plus you can carry a spare in the sight itself.

And, I have the Aimpoint (on a flat-top) that co-witnesses with iron sights (another $100).  :>)

AIMPOINT ROCKS!

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both and like both but if you forced me to make a choice and pick just one then i would give the nod to the eo tech.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for EOTech.

We looked at many sights for our weapons and selected it. If you are going to be using the weapon primarily for CQB, this will be your best choice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Only owned the Holosight.  I will not sell it or replace it.  An older friend shot my AR-10 with it mounted on the gas block and said it was like shooting a laser gun.  I honestly could not think of a way to improve on the thing.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Any comments on battery life (70 hours for the 551) and finding replacement batteries? Who has those "N" batteries?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top