Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 6:32:03 AM EDT
They pull a SS 109 slug from a dead women Marine and state, "Looks like a SS 109, that's military issue, or black market"  Followed by, "They have steel so they stick with the target"

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Brought to you by [b]NBC[/b]: [b]N[/b]ever [b]B[/b]een [b]C[/b]orrect.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the way the M.E. could look at the bruising in the dead fat guys ASS and say......I can tell that bruise is from a .45!!

Just how many ass shots has this guy seen????
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I need some more SS-109.  Can you guys tell me how to get to the Black Market? Do they have a web-site?

Can't they hire some out of work cop or retired military guy so they don't come off looking like such fools?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can't they hire some out of work cop....so they don't come off looking like such fools?
View Quote

Is this a joke?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
The whole show last night was jacked up!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, this kind of thing drives me nuts. But I have to remind myself to ask myself "Since when has anything out of mainstream Hollywood been a reliable source of accurate information about ANYTHING?" Obviously, scriptwriters have never heard the word "research." So since I have SS-109 in my stockpile, I must be active duty military or a customer of the black market. And, although I was a soldier I have friends who were Marines and, interservice rivalry aside, they are all honorable men & women. This show made them seem like they're all hormonal, corrupt, morally bankrupt,...

I think the [b]biggest[/b] problem caused by such incompetence is that people outside of any particular area of expertise treat the detritus that comes out of Hollywood as fact. The most recent glaring example that comes to mind is the notion that a single bullet hole in an aircraft bulkhead will rip a plane apart (only evidence once in a James Bond movie).

I think that kind of faulty extrapolation of fact from fiction is the biggest threat posed by such dreck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't they hire some out of work cop....so they don't come off looking like such fools?
View Quote

Is this a joke?
View Quote

Not really but I think I see your point.  I am sure, if they were selctive, that they could find someone that knows enough not to make such rediculous comments. A good example would be the former SAS memeber that consulted on "Heat".

I know a former EPA employee that was contacted by "In the Heat of the Night" to consult them on hazardous chemicals and illegal dumping.  However, the producers still fvcked it up.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They pull a SS 109 slug from a dead women Marine and state, "Looks like a SS 109, that's military issue, or black market"  Followed by, "They have steel so they stick with the target"
View Quote

I saw the same BS. The body of dead woman was on an operating table, and the woman doctor had removed the bullet; and handed to the black police detective, and the guy right away says that this a "SS109 bullet...."  The slug wasn't deformed or anything. I never this finish watching it, I left the show when the two main characters went into the open door of the colonel's apartment and found the colonel and his girlfriend in disheveled condition.  Who was the killer? Did anybody see the whole show?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...the woman doctor had removed the bullet; and handed to the black police detective...
... and found the colonel and his girlfriend in disheveled condition.  Who was the killer? Did anybody see the whole show?
View Quote

And what color was the colonel and his girlfriend?

just funnin' ya' [;)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this a joke?
View Quote

Not really but I think I see your point.  I am sure, if they were selctive, that they could find someone that knows enough not to make such rediculous comments. A good example would be the former SAS memeber that consulted on "Heat".

I know a former EPA employee that was contacted by "In the Heat of the Night" to consult them on hazardous chemicals and illegal dumping.  However, the producers still fvcked it up.  
View Quote

I think the point I was trying to make is that most cops don't know shit about guns. Have you ever watched the tv show "COPS" where they confiscate a "full-auto 9mm AK97"?

I once asked a cop what kind of Glock he had in his holster and he replied by saying that he didn't know and he doesn't really get into that "gun stuff". You'd at least think he would know what kind of gun his life might depend on.

Guys in the military, on the other hand, usually get to know [b]their[/b] weapons pretty well. That doesn't mean they are weapons experts by any means, however.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many times things happen in real life and there is no "pazzaz" in it, so the artistic people have to change the story line it so that it is more interesting. Many shows/movies should have a disclaimer that this show is "loosely" based on actual events.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

so if you have it and didn't get it from blackmarket.com and you are not active military, would that mean that you must be a member of the militia as defined by the Second Amendment?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Plot

MW is attacked by male Marine while on guard duty. She shoots him in the shoulder and as she goes for help he shoots her with a M-16. The Marines Uncle, a Col., helps him bring the body back to the US they report her AWOL and dumper her body on a dock with a SS-109 slug still in her body.  

I don't dispose of bodies for a living but I can think of easier ways to get rid of a body during a war; she stepped on a mine, an Afghan with an M-16 shot her, she just disappeared, she fell on some UXO, she was kidnapped by the Afghans, accidental discharge.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top