Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 3:06:37 AM EDT
Wednesday's (3/20/02) episode is about:
"Rogue Planet", Episode #118.
While exploring an uncharted planet, the crew members encounter aliens who hunt indigenous creatures for recreation.

[url]http://tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d=tvp&id=167806794&cf=0&lineup=us_DMA819&channels=us_KSTW&chspid=166030748&chname=UPN+11&progutn=1016683200&.intl=us[/url]

And I was so happy to see them shooting back at aliens who had attacked them, so very unlike "Voyager" or "The New Generation". . . .
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
All of StarDreck is so PC, always has been; "one world, happy happy joy joy", blargh, between that and the styrofoam backgrounds, I can't watch that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe there is a BBQ at the end?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Damned illegal aliens...
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Kar98 said
" All of StarDreck is so PC, always has been; "one world, happy happy joy joy", blargh, between that and the styrofoam backgrounds, I can't watch that stuff."

That's why Star Wars is so much better than Star Trek.  In Star Wars the good guys are rebels fighting the jack booted fascist central government, in Star Trek the "good guys" ARE the jack booted thugs.  There really isn't any difference between the UFP & the Borg.  At least the Borg are more upfront with their intentions.  Borg vs UFP=Third Reich vs USSR hopefully they'll kill off each other & let the only decent folks in the Star Trek universe (Klingons) live in peace.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's why Star Wars is so much better than Star Trek.  In Star Wars the good guys are rebels fighting the jack booted fascist central government, in Star Trek the "good guys" ARE the jack booted thugs.  
View Quote

I thought Babylon 5 was a more contemporary version of a JBT conflict. I think most people here would have backed the Clark regime because he was the lesser of 2 evils and had the only realistic chance at winning the war.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
StarTrek P.C. ? Hey Kar98 obviously you didn't watch much of Deep Space 9 , it was more like the wild west in space for most of it . But I have to admit your right on the rest of the S.T. universe .
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought Babylon 5 was a more contemporary version of a JBT conflict. I think most people here would have backed the Clark regime because he was the lesser of 2 evils and had the only realistic chance at winning the war.
View Quote

I thought the same thing
Remember where the new President bashed Sheridan for taking up arms against his government? and that he should work within the system? She couldn't even acknowledge that Sheridan DID get rid of clark!
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
StarTrek P.C. ? Hey Kar98 obviously you didn't watch much of Deep Space 9 , it was more like the wild west in space for most of it . But I have to admit your right on the rest of the S.T. universe .
View Quote

And that's the one I liked the most! No more prime directive, let's wait for cooler heads to prevail mentality.
At its best it was Worf screaming "Today is a good day to DIE" and opening up a can of whoop-ass on the dominion!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top