Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2002 8:26:13 PM EDT
I have been looking into purchasing a nice folder, but I am unfamiliar with the laws.  I have had a difficult time finding information about about blade length laws etc.  Anyone know the laws or a good place to look them up online for the Seattle area in particular.  Also, I like the looks of the benchmade autos, am I allowed to have a knife with a spring loaded blade?  My darn stubby thumbs have a tough time with folders...
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
stick with mainstream folders w/o any spring assist, and you will be ok. (well, i dont know seattle law, but in general). if i may, i would suggest any CRKT m16s. these are great knives, and im sure about half the board will agree. the m16z is great, and under 40$. i have one, and love it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about Washington law, (where I now live, uh oops!), but in Texas, I'm pretty sure anything over 4" can be considered a concealed weapon.  FWIW, it is technically illegal (in TX) to have a baseball bat inside your car as well; it's supposed to be in the trunk.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Knife Laws of the 50 States:
[url]http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm[/url]

Within Seattle, I believe the rule is 3.5 inches and folding (no autos, out-the-front, etc.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Move to Oregon and you can carry a switchblade legally from a few manufacturers and custom makers.  At least from what I recall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top