User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2002 12:03:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude... that really sucks.

I tried to run normal Operation Flashpoint, but my system is a bit old... it tried, really it did. But it just couldn't keep up. Oh well.

I read the reviews, this looks like a killer game.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
All I have to say is OFP RULES, and its a damn shame a bad batch of CDs had to give Codemasters/BIS a black eye.

While you're waiting for your new CD, try putting your original OFP CD (not the gold upgrade) in the drive when playing Red Hammer.  I've heard this works.

Have you played any with the mission editor yet?  That's one INTUITIVE, and POWERFUL editor (assuming you have the commandref handy.)  Not really any limit on what you can accomplish.  I'm working on a POW rescue mission right now, with multiple POW camps scattered around the map--all but one of which are empty. :)

Btw, I thought the gold edition didnt go on sale in the US till December?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Just read on alt.games.operation-flashpoint that replacement CDs are indeed making it out to folks.  

It's worth noting that Codemasters didn't acknowledge a problem until March 7th, 2002--no way in hell they could have recalled any bad CDs in September (the Gold Upgrade, much less the full Gold Edition) didn't hit US shelves until after Dec 25, 2001.  I'm sure of this because  I was searching REALLY HARD for the gold edition at the time so my fiancee could buy it for me for Christmas.[:D]

The bug does NOT affect any European version (which hit the shelves in November 2001--still two months after the date you're quoting.)

See the Avlon Lady's FAQ item on this at [url]http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/trouble/faultygoldcd.htm[/url].  

BTW, I'm of the opinion that Best Buy, as the retailer and point of sale, should make this right.  Their stated policy is to accept returns on defective software/media (which this is) and the fact that they do not have any WORKING copies in stock to exchange should not relieve them of this commitment.  A retailer with better customer service would make you happy. (Hell, even Walmart would take your side on this one, you know.)

Don't worry though--once you get past this heartache and get into the game, you won't regret it. :)

(edited because the board code can't handle news URLs.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top