Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2002 7:54:07 AM EDT
Reading the responses to TheRedGoat's thread about hog hunting, 1GUNRUNNER's thread about who among us are hunters and looking at the huge number of readers, I'm struck by the idea that some group of our members may want to be introduced to hunting.  And others may want to go on a hunt with other members.

Well...are there folks here who are interested?  Coyote hunting is available lots of places and there's other varmint hunting opportunities if game hunting is out of season.  RedGoat and I along with DonR, Jarhead_22, mojo and others live in North Texas and can round-up a hunting party with a phone call.

If you're interested let us know and we'll see what we can set-up.

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Im in ..
pls put my name on the list....

Cluster..
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh hell ya, that would be awesome...to bad I live in Kansas...[:(]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not thinking of this like a National Convention, more something local and relaxed.  Anywhere you live there's hunting within a reasonable distance.  Different kinds in different places.

This idea hit me this morning when I searched for "coyote hunting" on the web.  There's more varmint and coyote hunting available than I ever imagined.  So I thought, "Why not us?"

If there's a hunt somewhere you want to hunt then make the trip, but I'll bet wherever you are there's hunting available.

An informal hunt sounds fun to me, but we should be able to negotiate a group rate with an outfitter if that's what some folks want.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got all these damned squirrels around here.................[:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Arock,  Now if anyone were to ask me, I'd have to say that now there's a great suggestion!  Too bad I live so far away...  otherwise I'd hook up with you guys in a heartbeat.  Good luck and most of all, have fun.  For myself, I'll be out cross-fox hunting over near Yukon Territories come this fall [^]
W
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not thinking of this like a National Convention, more something local and relaxed.  Anywhere you live there's hunting within a reasonable distance.  Different kinds in different places.

quote]

But I wanted to go hog hunting...(notice the wining voice)  I can go coyote hunting everyday...that is not fun anymore
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Why not a hog hunt at a private ranch ? I've gone to the ones with the folks at the bowsite and it is a blast. Plus no license is required.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why not a hog hunt at a private ranch ? I've gone to the ones with the folks at the bowsite and it is a blast. Plus no license is required.
View Quote

In Texas, even on private property, you must have a hunting license if you are carrying a gun in the woods.  No kidding.  Even shooting snakes and turtles in your own pond in the backyard requires a hunting license.  

Even hog hunting requires a license.

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top