Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 7:55:58 PM EDT
I went to the Mesquite gunshow today and I gotta brag on a dealer.  I bought a leather holster from Jim Burke (Paris, Texas) almost 6 years ago at the Big Town show.  Custom made, real leather holster for my Sigma SW9V.  It also fit the .40 S&W model, SW40C.

I was so impressed that he made the holster (for a new and odd gun), that I inquired about a holster for my Bersa .380  Jim had that as well.  As I recall the Paris Police Chief carried a Bersa at teh time and Jim had made the holster model for him.

I was very impressed.  Local leathersmith with a holster for both of my favorite carry guns who priced his work in my price range.

Today I stopped in with a problem.  I asked Jim (actually his lovely wife Irene) about a problem with my original Sigma holster.  The holster was losing its shape.  Heck, after 6 years of carrying it, I just thought I was due for a replacement.  Maybe, if I was lucky, Jim could reform my old leather and breathe new life into it.  

The problem was simple, the opening where the pistol was inserted was getting flimsy.

I was amazed by Jim's response.  He simply handed me a BRAND NEW holster and said, "Problem solved!"

I can't say enough about Jim Burke.  After 6 years of use, it is reasonable to expect a leather holster to show some wear, I had no idea his work came with a free-replacement warranty!

Handmade leather holster are not cheap.  To find one for my lees than common Sigma and Bersa was nice.  To know they came from a local guy with such a great talent and customer service is hard to beat!

Next time you are at the Big Town show (or wherever you see Jim burke with his handlebar moustache and sandy brown cowboy hat) shake his hand and tell him he is appreciated!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:53:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll second that recommendation. I've had one for a Taurus PT 945 and currently for a Glock 30. Outstanding quality well worth the price. Next Dallas area gun show check him out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
RedGoat:

How do you wear yours? Do you wear it in the small of your back as he does or do you wear it on your hip? I will wear it sob but it's hard to get to my wallet at times and I worry about the barrel being exposed. Worn on the hip the gun is pulled tight next to the body and is really comfortable there. Depends if I'm gonna be driving all day or out and about working. They are hard to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
An address/phone or website/email for Jim would be appreciated.

-hanko (who lived in Flower Mound and misses the hell out of it)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]
2695 Pine Bluff
Paris Texas 75460
903 785 6959

Phone number is still good the address may not be. The web site with his stuff on it is down right now. I'll post it if I can find it again.

He'll be at the next Market Hall show for sure.
He does all types of leather work not just holsters. Belts, vest, saddles, cowboy action stuff, you name it he can do it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
RedGoat:

How do you wear yours? Do you wear it in the small of your back as he does or do you wear it on your hip? I will wear it sob but it's hard to get to my wallet at times and I worry about the barrel being exposed. Worn on the hip the gun is pulled tight next to the body and is really comfortable there. Depends if I'm gonna be driving all day or out and about working. They are hard to beat for the price.
View Quote

I wear mine near my lovehandle on my right hip.

I carry a money clip, so I don't need to reach back unless it is for the gun.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw his work and it is great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top