Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 1:55:39 PM EDT
You gotta believe me... when I got up this morning I had evry intention of driving to the gunshow , pick up a Rock River arms lower reciver.. come home, then put it away untill I could buy an upper at a later time..

Then "JIM" Had this [b]evil[/b] PWA preban that talked me into buying it. It would not take NO for an answer.. so I decided to give this bad evil rifle a good home..
I also brought home 300 of its little friends  
Now where the hell am I going to fire this thing.    
[img]http://www.geocities.com/aaadock/ar153.jpg[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/aaadock/ar151.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
OK anyone know why geocities will no longer let me link to my pics....  ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
did you follow the correct board code?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/aaadock/ar153.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.geocities.com/aaadock/ar151.jpg[/img]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Seemed like a pretty good show to me.  More buckage would have made it better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I brought the wife along, and she got to meet EricTheHun, TheRedGoat and Mary. mojo was also in the house.

I picked up an ARMS #40 fold-down rear sight and a Badger Ordnance Tac-latch for my charging handle. A good time was had by all.

*Edited to add: I also got an autographed copy of "The Passing of the Night," the story of Air Force General (then Lieutenant Colonel) Robbie Risner's seven years as a POW in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Screw the lot of you. [pissed]

Her'e how 11 hrs of MY day went:

"Thanks for calling the helpdesk, my name's Tate, can I have your name, please?"
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OK anyone know why geocities will no longer let me link to my pics....  ?
View Quote

I am pissed off at Geocities-- I had a nice web page, and recently, somehow it got deleted without notice!!! WTF?

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I was gonna try to make it today, however after tossing back a few last nite, I woke up around 13:00 so I just ate lunch and did some errands.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was gonna try to make it today, however after tossing back a few last nite, I woke up around 13:00 so I just ate lunch and did some errands.
View Quote

AND broke his Glock [:D]
View Quote

Hey my baby is fixed and working. Of course the laser is not working but the gun fires. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Up to my ears in honey-do's.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Then "JIM" Had this evil PWA preban I met Eric bunghole and DonR. Looking forward to meeting more at the Shoot.
View Quote

When & where is the next shoot?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I met Eric bunghole and DonR.
View Quote

You did????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]
OK now ,  I think I've played with my new toy long enough..   time to find out where I can take it out and fire this thing, anyone? Dallas area..

btw.. Is it me or was anyone else selfconsice the first time you took the black rifle to a public range?

cluster.

yeah I know my typing sucks..  You can thank the public school system for that
[stick]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm going Wed. to the Winchester range. Im going around lunch time since its so close to work. I have to sight in my new scope. Its close to I-35 and Loop 12. Las Collinas area.
View Quote

Winschester Range out on Luna Rd??? That place SUCKS BIGTIME! I tried to shoot my post-ban 9mm Match Target there, and they would not let me!!! They said no "Military-style" weapons allowed, yet mine is not full-auto, its not a .223, nor is it pre-ban! [b]I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE.[/b] I tried to explain this to the guy, and he would not listen! I showed him their were several "sniper weapons" and handguns out there, several of which are shooting military calibers, etc., and he still would not let me shoot there!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#19]
hmm Ive been there more than a couple of times and Ive seen postban AR15's and Ak47's  course its been about 3 months since I went so I guess it  might of changed..  
Darn . thats actually the only public range Ive ever been too..
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Well i have been to that range and they have let me shoot my ar there.  you just have to use the lead tip stuff.  no FMJ at all.  I have been to Shooters Gallery off of 820 and Lancaster.  It is an indoor 25 yrd range.  You can shoot fmj there, no tracer or steel core.  On Tuesday it is 7 bucks to shoot. and I think it is aroun 12.50 on the weekends.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I went to Winchester SHooting range (Luna Rd) a couple years ago, and that was their position on military-style weapons, which is why you won't ever see me there again. I wasted my time going out there, only to be rejected...

Anyone who ever implements a policy like that, will [b]NEVER[/b] get my business.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Post from ilikelegs -
View Quote

Please! It's 'I met Eric[b],[/b] bunghole[b],[/b] and DonR.'

Those commas are really, really important in that sentence!

Otherwise....[:D]

Yep, I met a whole bunch of our guys at the Gun Show on Saturday and Sunday!

In addition to the folks who went to lunch with us on Saturday and Sunday, there was [b]zumo2000, and jfp, and, or course, ilikelegs[/b].

I missed DonR, Miz Kelley and the kidz! [b]He[/b] has my cell number, even, so he is in trouble now!

Eric The('HunsAtTheGate!')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Post from ilikelegs -
View Quote

Please! It's 'I met Eric[b],[/b] bunghole[b],[/b] and DonR.'

Those commas are really, really important in that sentence!

Otherwise....[:D]

Yep, I met a whole bunch of our guys at the Gun Show on Saturday and Sunday!

In addition to the folks who went to lunch with us on Saturday and Sunday, there was [b]zumo2000, and jfp, and, or course, ilikelegs[/b].

I missed DonR, Miz Kelley and the kidz! [b]He[/b] has my cell number, even, so he is in trouble now!

Eric The('HunsAtTheGate!')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Hey Eric, I never did see a post indicating where & when you guys were going for lunch on Sunday... I was going to go... oh well. See ya next time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#24]
ilikelegs, I agree with you....it's rather difficult to match the sig name up with "the real person name"...I remember you (ilikelegs) , bunghole, of course eric"tellmeaboutit"hunn,and Mark...I completely forgot whos who....I think we need to wear bullet patchs with both names next time....if nothing else for old guys like me who can't even remember where I parked....But...I really enjoyed meeting all you guys..its just as I thought, AR15.commers are generally a damn good bunch of guys! Next time I say we all team up together and go from table to table and see what kinda deals we come up with.   Russell /Jackpot...with Tyler my son.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Post from energizer -
Hey Eric, I never did see a post indicating where & when you guys were going for lunch on Sunday... I was going to go... oh well. See ya next time.
View Quote

Wow, sorry, we missed you, [b]energizer[/b], but just remember this -

Anytime there's a Mesquite Big Town Gun Show, come to Brother Nick's table around Noon on Saturday or Sunday, or simply meet us at the On The Border Tex-Mex Grill at LBJ Freeway and Gross Rd., around 1:00!

On The Border seems to please everyone!

Eric The(Gun-LovingGourmand)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#27]
OK,
who is brother nick and where are hes tables?

Cluster,
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#28]
AR15.commers...we honestly could not do better than EricTheHun as a Moderator. Sure he has his opinions but don't we all? After conversing with him on several occasions usually at gun shows, meetin for lunch or what have you. I've come to the conclusion that Wayne is a heck of a nice guy and a damn good new friend!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Post from jackpot -
AR15.commers...we honestly could not do better than EricTheHun as a Moderator. Sure he has his opinions but don't we all? After conversing with him on several occasions usually at gun shows, meeting for lunch or what have you. I've come to the conclusion that Wayne is a heck of a nice guy and a damn good new friend!
View Quote

I can truthfully say that the more I find out about who 'AR15.com' is, the more I can really appreciate just who 'AR15.com' is - the finest, neatest, coolest, swellest, nicest, most knowledgeable, most helpful, most considerate, most fun-loving, most trustworthy, group of folks that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I would have added 'thrifty, clean, and reverent' from the Boy Scout Oath, but, well, folks who pay $1,000.00 for a plastic rifle, eagerly seek out the 'Babe of the Day' sites, and argue about whether Jesus would have carried an AR or an AK, simply [b]cannot[/b] be referred to as 'thrifty, clean and reverent.'

[b]Stick with me/us here at AR15.com - the best is yet to come![/b]

And [b]jackpot[/u] - you, Sir, are at the head of whichever table I'm sitting at! And with Tyler Austin by your side.

Eric The(FriendIndeed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Post from ilikelegs -
I've got a motherload of ammo to feed my AR with. It would be cool to go somewhere with no restrictions. All single shooting and No rapid fire makes legs a dull boy. I'd like to use the full effect of dusk to shoot some of the tracer rounds as well.
View Quote

I like the way you think!

Patience, m'boy, the old Hun will think of something soon that we can all do.

Plans are in the works. What are you doing May 2-3-4? We'll discuss this later.

To give you just a little hint:[url]www.chipshot.net/cap/[/url]

Eric The(Sneaky)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#33]
As usual, I missed it all.  I really wanted to come out on Sunday, but I got poison ivy so bad from a camping trip, that I dont like to put clothes on right now... and trust me, nobody wants to see that!

I really needed to get a trigger job done on my Glock 34 from TR Graham too.... pity.

When is the next show?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry you missed us, FALARAK -

Here's the schedule for Big Town:[url]http://www.classicshows.com/bigtown.htm[/url]

Here's the schedule for Market Hall:[url]http://www.dallasarms.com/[/url]

Start planning NOW!

Eric The(AllRight)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Post from ilikelegs -
Can't wait. Good thing about that area, there are good storms that develope at night out there. Since Im a photographer as well, I may be shooting lightning as well.
View Quote

Funny you should mention that - I'm looking at a photo that a friend of mine took of a bolt of lightning out there in 1979.

The thunderstorm came up so quickly and with such a vengeance that he got under a road side park table with his motorcycle.

The lightning was striking the ground all around him when he took the photo. He was a Vietnam Vet and said he hadn't been [u]that[/u] scared in a long time.  

Eric The(Planning)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Post from cluster -
OK, who is brother nick and where are his tables?
View Quote

Brother Nick is one of us! He's a dealer in some rather exotic stuff, and he's a good friend, and he's, well, Brother Nick.

His tables at Mesquite are on the third aisle from the rear wall in the main room, at the far north end of that aisle.

He's got long blond hair, tall, thin, and I'm usually there with him.

Can't miss him!

At Market Hall, his tables are the closest ones to the concession stand. [u]That[/u] was his concession to me![:D]

Eric The(Knowledgeable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Cluster, that was me.  I hope you like the rifle, my wife would not let me have two right now so I had to let it go.  :(  Drop me a line sometime and we'll do some shoot'n.
Jim
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#39]
[b]Lord, Have Mercy, ilikelegs![/b]

I just took that lightning photo down off the wall!

Bring plenty of film, Leonardo!

BTW, I thought for a minute that 'Cigaret Buts' photo was a pile of spent cases, before I clicked on it.[:D]

Eric The(SeriouslyImpressed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cluster, that was me.  I hope you like the rifle, my wife would not let me have two right now so I had to let it go.  :(  Drop me a line sometime and we'll do some shoot'n.
Jim
View Quote

Well Jim I'll take care fo the rifle... any chance I could say hi to my money ...[;D]

Not sure if you noticed but my wife was nowhere  around when I came back for the rifle...  
She was probably thinking " whats taking him so long in the [b] RESTROOM [/b] !!!

Easier to ask  for forgivnes than for permision..

Cluster
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Post from mojo -
ETH, thanks. Where do I send the check?
View Quote

Send the check? No sireee, you're not getting out of it that easily!

I require your [u]presence[/u] on May 2-3-4, but [u]not[/u] your 'presents'!

Eric The([u]Don't[/u]MakeMeComeLookingForYou!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Uh......
cluster, WOuld you care to sell the rifle back to mua? same price?    pleeeeeeeease  I miss it..  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top