Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2002 1:45:15 PM EDT
and if he does will he get the nomination.Would they really nominate al gore again? Will President Bush keep is high approval ratings? Would the dems even stand a chance if Bush keeps his ratings high?
Its gonna be an exciting 3 years.

Prediction-- Bushs' ratings will remain high, maybe not as high as they are now but high nontheless.Gore will realize this and not persue the nomination. The dems will throw some lackey out to lose to Bush.

How far off the mark do ya think I am?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know.  However, I am expecting the DNC to run Hillary.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
He should run... walking is too slow....preferably to some other country.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be extremely unusual for a party to run a candidate a second time against someone they have already lost to.

I hope to God that they do nominate Hillary!  It would be a record setting loss for the Dems that they would be years recovering from!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I can only recall, in modern times, Nixon, running as VP and losing, then running again and winning. So I don't think it happens too often.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Just remember a couple of things.  The other Bush was way ahead in the polls after the Gulf War and lost to the asshole.  Also Bush is trying to move to the center.  That does not sit well with his rightwing core.  For instance, he could go for gun control to appease all the soccer moms and piss all of us off.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody else worried about the nice mild-mannered soft-spoken Tom Dasshole?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If soccer moms are not allowed to have machine guns, then how are they going to protect the kids?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I sure hope the DNC runs Gore again.  He is such a weak candidate.  If he does run, Bush is all but garaunteed a win...so perhaps then gun owners will look at other candidates and vote for beliefs and not for a party.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Tom D$$$$$$ is making to many enemies to be an effective candidate.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
John Ellis, who writes for several east coast papers, has a pretty good take on this question on his website. Here is a quote -

“Ever since former Vice President Gore lost what most professionals regarded as the unlose-able presidential race in 2000, elite opinion in Democratic circles and the media (which may be the same thing) has been scathing about Mr. Gore's prospects should he choose to seek the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination (which, of course, he will). It's over and he's over has been the Groundhog Day refrain. As is usually the case when media/Democratic elite opinion converges into conventional wisdom, this assessment of Mr. Gore's prospects is almost exactly wrong.”

You can read the whole thing[url=http://www.johnellis.blogspot.com/] here[/url]. It’s a short read - Scroll down to “Gore Redux” in the Wednesday posting.

Jon Ellis is George W.  Bush’s cousin, btw.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can only recall, in modern times, Nixon, running as VP and losing, then running again and winning. So I don't think it happens too often.
View Quote

That is true, but the second time he didn't run against the candidate he lost against the first time.

It will be a sad day for America if Tom Asshole ever gets to become President....
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Its official Tipper Gore won't run for Senate. Who knows what the demorats have up there sleeves. She most probably couldn't get the votes . After all Al Gore lost thier state in the Presidential elections. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]
jtw2- Thats true. In fact Nixon didn't even run against a sitting president, Johnson opted out of that race.

Gores arguement for running might be that "I won the popular vote" [garnered more votes than Bush]. But to the chagrin of soccer moms and welfare moms and lesbian moms etc. the popular vote doesn't elect the president. Thank God.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#15]
As I remember, before the election, Gore argued for the rules that Bush won by.  I guess Gore thought that he could not lose.  After all, he beleived in Clinton's appointment of him as the next president.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He should run... walking is too slow....preferably to some other country.
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Maynard is correct.

Al Gore was really a weak canadate in 2000.  He was connected to the most corrupt administration in modern times and he had no real convictions of his own.  He acted like a idiot everytine he went in public and nobody knew where he stood on any issue.  However, he still got 50% of the vote.  So who voted for him?  The ones quoted by Maynard in his post above.  That is basically the anti-conservative vote in America.  That vote is still out there.  If it wasn't for the foresight of our founding fathers and the electorial college we would all be sucking Democratic ass now.  Be afraid of the 50% that voted for Gore....be very afraid!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Choosing between the less evil of two evils, I'd rather have Gore for President than Hillary.

But then again, I'd rather vote for a shoe with dogshit on it than vote for Hillary.    

Heck, I'd rather vote for the dogshit, shoe or no shoe.  

I'd rather knaw my arm off than be trapped in a poll booth with the Vote Hillary switch connected to the trap release.

If I got drunk and woke up in the morning with Hillary in bed with me, with my arm trapped under her,  I'd rather knaw my arm off than take a chance of waking her up and hearing her damned liberal voice.   And then I'd kill myself with my remaining arm.

Dear Hillary:  Here's the messages that you'd receive in a chatroom with us AR15'er in the chatroom at the time, with their translations:

GOPlAinTraFk - Go play in traffic.

UvGotAFAcLikASqEzdTBag - You've got a face like a squeezed tea-bag.

URAsMchUsAsMdGrdsOnATrtl - You are as much use as mud guards on a turtle.

IfUHdABrAnUdBDAjrus - If you had a brain you'd be dangerous.

IfUWnt2AMndREdrTherWldBNoChrge - If you went to a mind reader there would be no charge.

INoWenURLIinYaLpsMov - I know when you are lying, your lips move.

TLItsROnBtNo1isHOm -
The lights are on, but no one is home.

TWhElsMvnBtTHmstrsDEd
The wheel's moving but the hamster's dead.

URAsUsfLAsAChocl8Tpot -
You are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

UR1SndwchShrtOfAPiKnk -
You are one sandwich short of a picnic.

(YaBrAnIsntAsBgAsYa(_,_) -
A pity your brain isn't as big as your ass.

STFUYSLC
Shut The Fuck Up You Stupid Liberal C**T!

CJ
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Thats all we need!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#20]
cmjohnson:  LMAO!  When you get a chance please let us know how you really feel about HildeBeast.

ICWUHBTGOTALNY - I can't wait until HildeBeast becomes the Governor of Texas and leaves New York!

[img]http://www.bsnn.net/banners/Buffalo%20Hil.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey I hear that Koffi Annan visits this board.  Is that true?  Does Hillary? Al?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Whoever runs against Bush MIGHT have a good chance to win....  It all depends.  On what you say?  If the Govt passes another law when you know what Sunsets in 2004.  This happens 2? months before the Presidental election.  If Bush passes such a bill, I will NOT vote for him.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top