Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2002 5:45:45 AM EDT
to change the laws reguarding intra-state transportation of firearms. it should be like the CMP (Civilian Markmanship Program).

i was interested in buying a Garand or a 1903A3 from the CMP and found out if i purchased one, it can be shipped right to my door, no FFL needed. other than belonging to a club and participating in a match, they require:

1. Be a U.S. Citizen. You must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization, or voter registration card is acceptable.

2. Be at least 18 years of age. You must provide proof of age. Usually proof of citizenship also provides proof of age. In those cases where it may not, a driver’s license is sufficient.

5. Be legally eligible to purchase a firearm. The information you supply on your application will be submitted by the CMP to the FBI National Instant Criminal Check System (NICS) to verify you are not prohibited by Federal, State or Local law from acquiring or possessing
a rifle. Your signature on the Purchaser Certification authorizes CMP to initiate the NICS check and authorizes the FBI to inform CMP of the result. IMPORTANT: If your State or locality requires you to first obtain a license, permit or Firearms Owner ID card in order to possess or receive a rifle, you must enclose a photocopy of your license, permit or card with this application.

6. Complete the Purchaser Certification and Agreement and sign it before a Notary. (NOTE: Recommend that customers make extra copies of both the Certification and the Order Form for use in placing future orders.) Orders received without notarized signature will not be processed.
View Quote

sheez, since we already have to undergo a NIC's check, the notary would be the only additional step. Wouldn't that be sweet [:D]

gonna write my congressman today!!!!!! being from Montana, i only have 1 vote in the House. so, you guys from the big states, get on the wordprocessor and type away!!!

pass the word and post on other gun related sites
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top