Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 5:30:37 AM EDT
[size=4][b][center]We have BIG news to announce...[/center][center]Really huge freakin news as a matter of fact![/b][/size=4][/center]

As of last evening, we have solidified and added an entirely new dimension to the BRC.  While this is something that we have "secretely" been working on for quite some time, it is now a reality!

In conjunction with the professionals that run [b]PASA Park[/b], formal shooting competitions will be held there on Saturday June 1st, for the participants of the BRC.

This in no way changes the open shooting that is planned at the BRC, other than giving you the option to shoot in various sanctioned events.
[list]
[*] [b]Pistol[/b] - combination IDPA, IPSC and UPSS ([i]tactical rooms, hostages, popups, etc.[/i])[/*]
[*] [b]Combat Rifle[/b] ([i]same exact course as Pistol, but with AR's[/i])[/*]
[*] [b]200yd Highpower Rifle[/b] - DCM/CMP ([i]3 matches w/ 15 slots in each[/i])[/*]

The fees will be $10 per event, with a 4-way payback of door prize tickets ([/i]1st Place=4 tickets, 2nd=3, 3rd=2, and all participants receive 1 for trying![/i])

These competitions are being run on the exact same courses as the Masters Tournement, and by the same individuals that host the Masters.

Those of you not familiar with Pasa Park, should know that the President" of PASA is Dick Metcalf of Shooting Times magazine, and our Special Projects Coordinator is Richard Heinie. Furthermore, this involves numerous club members ([i]RO's, course setters, score keepers, timers, etc.[/i]) that are taking their time to put on these special events exclusively for us.  Do not be surprised to see a few of PASA's own members in these events as well, since these folks play hard every chance they get...  and many are national competitors!

[b]Space is limited![/b] Within the next few days, I will be adding an on-line registration form specifically for these events, as they will be first-come-first-served, just like at Mabels!  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]It just keeps getting better and better![/b]

Next thing we know, the Motor City Madman, himself, will be on hand to serenade us with 'Cat Scratch Fever' and other classics from his repertoire.

Eric The('TedNugent'ForThoseDullToRock)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Will there be any different "classes" for these events like an amatuer or beginner? I would like to enter the pistol side, but might as well flush my 10.00 down a toilet if I'd be competitng with the regular park members?

Maybe a basic defense pistol and rifle clinic  for beginners?

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Will there be any different "classes" for these events like an amatuer or beginner? I would like to enter the pistol side, but might as well flush my 10.00 down a toilet if I'd be competitng with the regular park members?

Maybe a basic defense pistol and rifle clinic  for beginners?
View Quote

There simply won't be time for all of that, besides, if we can get several park members to become "active" AR15.COM members, then we have done our jobs.

It is for the reason you have mentioned, that everyone participating receives an extra door prize ticket, so even the worst competitor could ultimately be the big winner at the end of the day...  besides, it's more fun this way!  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok that cuts it!!

Does ANYONE know ANYWAY

that I can get one of my ARs or my Daewoo into the USA for this event????

There has to be some loophole!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Skip the bullshit factor, and feel free to borrow one of ours...  We have many!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm

Now that sounds like a very generous offer!

Going to have to consider it and....start working on the Mrs!!!

Any other Canucks going?  Perhaps we can set up a begging station to beg firearms??

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok I'm probably in, for ten dollars I will probably learn alot!!

If possible a van or bus on Sat to take those who want to go would be really convienient so ppl aren't trying to get in and out of both the convention site and PASA?

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:If possible a van or bus on Sat to take those who want to go would be really convienient so ppl aren't trying to get in and out of both the convention site and PASA?
View Quote

We're already working on that issue.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Stormbringer

I may be able to rustle up a DCM for you to use, unless your going to shoot the combat course.  It's way to heavy for that. (At least for me)
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Crap!!!!  Money getting tighter and now I gotta come up with another $30.  Oh well, think I'll survive.  Good job guys, keep it up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks harv......I am not up to DMC.  I'm just not that good a shot yet.   Thanks for the offer......

I have just got to do a good job working on the Mrs..

Any other Canadians thinking of going from Ontario??
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Stormbringer:

As a foreigner, you would be Federally required to obtain a hunting license in order to posess a firearm in the United States...  These can be purchased at Heartland Lodge ([i]base camp[/i]).
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Also keep in mind, that it only takes 1 foreigner for this to "officially" become an Interrnational event!  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#14]
woohoo!  can this get any better?  

well, probably.  i could actually enter a competition and not come out looking like a complete idiot.

tim, and the others working so hard behind the scenes, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

ooooh.  just thought of two things.

first, tim, is the registration form going to be at the convention website or linked from here?

second, i have a suburban that seats 8 (though not very comfortably if y'all are big burly men  [:D]).  if van/shuttle transportation can't be arrange, or even if we need more, i'd be more than happy to act as transport for a match or two.  it would give me a chance to get to know a lot of you as well.  just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[size=4][b][center]We have BIG news to announce...[/center][center]Really huge freakin news as a matter of fact![/b][/size=4][/center]

As of last evening, we have solidified and added an entirely new dimension to the BRC.  While this is something that we have "secretely" been working on for quite some time, it is now a reality!

In conjunction with the professionals that run PASA Park, formal shooting competitions will be held there on Saturday June 1st, for the participants of the BRC.

This in no way changes the open shooting that is planned at the BRC, other than giving you the option to shoot in various sanctioned events.

[*] Pistol - combination IDPA, IPSC and UPSS (tactical rooms, hostages, popups, etc.)[/*]
[*] Combat Rifle (same exact course as Pistol, but with AR's)[/*]
[*] 200yd Highpower Rifle - DCM/CMP (3 matches w/ 15 slots in each)[/*]

The fees will be $10 per event, with a 4-way payback of door prize tickets (1st Place=4 tickets, 2nd=3, 3rd=2, and all participants receive 1 for trying!)

These competitions are being run on the exact same courses as the Masters Tournement, and by the same individuals that host the Masters.

Those of you not familiar with Pasa Park, should know that the President" of PASA is Dick Metcalf of Shooting Times magazine, and our Special Projects Coordinator is Richard Heinie. Furthermore, this involves numerous club members (RO's, course setters, score keepers, timers, etc.) that are taking their time to put on these special events exclusively for us.  Do not be surprised to see a few of PASA's own members in these events as well, since these folks play hard every chance they get...  and many are national competitors!

Space is limited! Within the next few days, I will be adding an on-line registration form specifically for these events, as they will be first-come-first-served, just like at Mabels!  [:D]
View Quote

Sorry, I had to edit out the [ ] stuff...
For some reason 95% of the text showed up white on my light gray screen...
Probably a snafu with my Webtv thing...[:D] <<
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
.....that I can get one of my ARs or my Daewoo into the USA for this event????

There has to be some loophole!!!
View Quote

I think there is a way if certain number of days before a shooting competition but why bother.  Like anti said, borrow one of ours.

We'll be far too busy to get much trigger time
& if you get in Fri you can select whichever config of mine or Tim's you are most comfortable with for either event.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I had the funds to attend. Maybe next year. This event looks like it would be an EXCELLENT way to spend a vacation.

I guess this is as good a place as any to just say thanks to all the guys working on the event, as well as the site. I have learned so much here, and I am sure I will continue to for a loonngggg time. Thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]
When can we look for the sign up sheet, and will we have to send the money before the BRC?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Pre registration allows us to plan better so those who pre register by early May will get more door prize tickets & banquet included with registration.

info at  [url]www.ar15-convention.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Even though I have never competed before I will see it as a valuable learning experience for $10. I am in for at least a pistol match. This makes it even better to be going.
View Quote

Same here, and if I sign up (just a matter of finding out if I'll have enough money for that weekend or not) I'll definately compete.  But chances are a Highpower Service Rifler like me will get blown away by the Highpower Match configurations...anyway to even this out a bit?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Same here, and if I sign up (just a matter of finding out if I'll have enough money for that weekend or not) I'll definately compete.  But chances are a Highpower Service Rifler like me will get blown away by the Highpower Match configurations...anyway to even this out a bit?
View Quote

While the [u]Service Rifle[/u] and [u]Match Rifle[/u] shooters are on the line together, they are scored seperately, within their own class.

I will have the match registrations setup sometime over the weekend...  Space is limited, so reservations require payment to hold your slot!  

Don't bother to call or email your reservations, as they will [u]only[/u] be taken on-line, since we need to have the ability for PASA to track these as well. [u]Exceptions cannot and will not be made![/u]

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I wanted to sign up for the matches for my son to shoot but since we have to pay online, it leaves me out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#26]
This is to good to be true.  I can't wait for the BRC. Heading back to salt mines don't feel to bad now.  Don't worry BeauBeaux, I got your back.  Keep up the great work Guys, Your doing one hell of a good job.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#27]
So we now have a mini BeauBeaux

Hope to meet you at BRC.  And don't believe what old man says about us.  Well some of it
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Since you will be unable to attend, I feel that we should go the extra mile by holding a pagan ceremony of our own, and sacrifice a virgin or 3 in your name! [}:D]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Just to add more info

[center]
[img]http://www.ar15-convention.com/pix/cruise.jpg[/img]
[b][size=5]Cruise Donated as Door Prize![/size=5][/b]
[/center]

With my graphics/web business, I have a client that pays me with cruises... Only one problem exists for me and my wife though, and that is that we simply don't have the time to go!

Because of our dilema ([i]no available travel time[/i]), we have decided to donate a cruise to the BRC as a door prize, but with a twist.

Since this is basically mine to do what ever the hell I choose, I have decided to make it available to [u]only[/u] the women attendees, in an effort to increase their attendance.  This means that all women over the age of 18 that attend will be receiving a special seperate ticket for this special drawing...

I felt that this was a very good way of enticing more of the fairer gender to participate, and a golden opportunity for you guys to get your significant others to get more involved with our hobby.

I don't yet have the details of the particular cruise, but will be working on that soon enough with the CEO of agency that I do a lot of work for.

The rules for this, are not quite the same as the other door prizes.  While you must be a [u]registered paying attendee[/u] ([i]no comp registrations[/i]) of the event, you need not be present to win.  This is to allow equal opportunity for the women that will be watching their kids offsite ([i]an we know of a few[/i]), while their husbands and/or boyfriends attend the big party Saturday night.  The women not able to be present, will need to sign their ticket stub over to a person that can accept it for them...

Tim & Cathy Greene
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Good deal!
I've never shot in any actual competition... these things'll be newby friendly, right?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just to add more info

[center]
[img]http://www.ar15-convention.com/pix/cruise.jpg[/img]
[b][size=5]Cruise Donated as Door Prize![/size=5][/b]
[/center]

With my graphics/web business, I have a client that pays me with cruises... Only one problem exists for me and my wife though, and that is that we simply don't have the time to go!

Because of our dilema ([i]no available travel time[/i]), we have decided to donate a cruise to the BRC as a door prize, but with a twist.

Since this is basically mine to do what ever the hell I choose, I have decided to make it available to [u]only[/u] the women attendees, in an effort to increase their attendance.  This means that all women over the age of 18 that attend will be receiving a special seperate ticket for this special drawing...

I felt that this was a very good way of enticing more of the fairer gender to participate, and a golden opportunity for you guys to get your significant others to get more involved with our hobby.

I don't yet have the details of the particular cruise, but will be working on that soon enough with the CEO of agency that I do a lot of work for.

The rules for this, are not quite the same as the other door prizes.  While you must be a [u]registered paying attendee[/u] ([i]no comp registrations[/i]) of the event, you need not be present to win.  This is to allow equal opportunity for the women that will be watching their kids offsite ([i]an we know of a few[/i]), while their husbands and/or boyfriends attend the big party Saturday night.  The women not able to be present, will need to sign their ticket stub over to a person that can accept it for them...

Tim & Cathy Greene
View Quote

excellent idea!  maybe we'll have to change our honeymoon plans because i feel lucky!!!!!!!!  [;)]

it's extremely generous of you two to offer this as a prize.  i certainly hope it has the effect desired.  i would love to see as many women as men at the BRC.  thanks!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#34]
one more question:  is the sign-up for the competitions up yet?  i just checked the BRC website, but didn't see it.  of course, i didn't know where to look or what exactly i was looking for, so i could very well have missed it.

i just wanna know if i missed out on the chance to register when we were on the road.

thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#35]
We stopped at PASA over the weekend & followed up with more ph calls this week to nail down some details. We should add the competition sign up section to the BRC site soon.

Getting ready to do the Tulsa show this weekend. Going to promote AR15.COM, BRC & LEGP there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top