Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2002 4:26:15 PM EDT
Check this news out. Looks like the Mexican military has a problem with the border and the Border Patrol. Shooting US agents could be considered a form of terrorism or an act of war. I guess the Mexicans feel like Palestinians and want the land back that they lost in the war. Maybe it's time to move our troops down there?

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26852[/url]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
On March 14, 2000, "two Mexican army Humvees carrying about 16 armed soldiers drove across the international boundary and into the United States near Santa Teresa, New Mexico,"

I see they haven't lost their pension for packing them in.  It didn't mention wether or not the HMMWV's springs were cut down. [;)]

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Nota big fan of our neighbors to the south, are we, FF?[>:/]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh its on now!!  Can we sponsor a Black Rifle Convention down by the border? [:)]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I think we should have the Army posted along the border from here to South Texas.

When we have that secured,  there's always the Canadian front, but guess what, it's not the Canucks coming down here.  Half the Chinese illegals I know came through Canada.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
This is so depressing [:(]   AZ has changed so much in the last 2 decades that it doesnt even seem like the place i grew up in.What really bothers me is that most the LEO's shot in the past few years have all been shot my Mexican nationalist.Everyday on the local news you hear of violence or the new fad of Home invasion  and you can almost bet that the victim or detainie will be of a down south origin.Maybe we should play COWBOYS AND MEXICANS and show the rest of the country that here in the US we have laws and if they dont like it.Then they should stay down south.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The wife was down in Douglas yesterday. She says the Guard was all over the port of entry. FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
What I don't get is why you southerners are waiting for the feds to clean up your state problems???  

Why haven't you pushed your states into enforcing their international borders?  Whats the matter, is Arizona afraid of raising taxes to raise the manpower?  

How about reinstituting the state militia with all Class III rights granted to all enforcers?  Modern day Texas Rangers!

Anyone have any ideas for these pathetic states?  Your problem Mexicans end up in NY, especially on long island where the infestation of them is worsening by the hour.

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Eric, they want Texas back.........
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Ten years ago I had the great pleasure of drinking cervesa and shooting M-16's with some of the Mexican Army's finest.  We were drinking down in the Big Bend at Lajitas and a deuce-and-a-half comes rolling up from the low water crossing.  Seems they were in need of some liquid refreshment too.  Couple hours later they had the great idea of target practice, so we shot back over the Rio Grande into Mexico using some trees and cactus as targets.  We left before they did so maybe they're still occupying the place.  That was back in the days of the beer drinking goat Henry Clay who was the elected Mayor of Lajitas at the time.  Things are looser on the border.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Check this out, a local talk show host had a gentelam from here on. There is a whole movement by mexicans to claim the southwest and turn it into the united stated of mexico or some damn shit..talk about enraging!!

[url]http://www.americanpatrol.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Let's give them Kalifornia (along with Funkstain and Boxer)!!
But with those 2, they might get mad.....

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Well... we may not have to worry too much about an armed invasion if this Professor has anything to say about it.

[url]http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news00/013100_trux.shtml[/url]

[:X*]

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Isn't the "hispanic homeland" that this idiot speaks of Spain??? Hmmm.....

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's just see them try to take Texas. I don't have a problem with the locals (hispanics) but any real Mexican crossing the boarder with a gun is just begging for being aired out, .223 style.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Violence isn't the only way to take over a state. All it takes is for a minority group to become the majority. If there are enough mexicans in the southern states eventually they will be able to elect whoever they want and take over. Say goodbye to Texas, Cali., NM, etc. Eventually even the US itself may become a part of Mexico. That's the problem with Mexicans, they can easily breed us out since the inflow is massive. The border needs to be sealed. Bush cares only about his political career not about the future. I hope Laura is with him when he gets capped, which I do expect to happen soon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
If you have your house right next to the boarder can you shoot mexicans with a 50 cal before they cross?

[50]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Mexican soldiers on US soil and shooting at BP
View Quote

they're shooting at British Petroleum?????/
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What I don't get is why you southerners are waiting for the feds to clean up your state problems???  

Why haven't you pushed your states into enforcing their international borders?  Whats the matter, is Arizona afraid of raising taxes to raise the manpower?  

How about reinstituting the state militia with all Class III rights granted to all enforcers?  Modern day Texas Rangers!

Anyone have any ideas for these pathetic states?  Your problem Mexicans end up in NY, especially on long island where the infestation of them is worsening by the hour.

View Quote

You must be aware this is a federal issue and the states don't have much to say about it. When our own Gov. Wilson sued the feds for funds to pay for illegals using our medical facilities, the feds basically laughed at him. That was during Bush Senior's term IIRC. We didn't get a dime to pay their hospital bills nor did we get increased border control. Our state was forced to foot the bill entirely.

So, say AZ did raise taxes for more policing on the border. Would these new police have authority to arrest the illegals? Or is that domain reserved for the BP? I don't know.

What I do know is using your logic I shouldn't give a crap about illegals from Puerto Rico invading the East Coast. I mean, that's an East Coast problem, right? Can't you people deal with your illegals?

In fact, I do care and I hope every state eventually exercises its power in this regard. If not, the people may have to get involved.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if we will see soon the Border Patrol supported by local militia groups and fifth column Mexican Americans spying on the Border Patrol and supporting these Mexican invasions.

Already radio stations tell where the Border Patrol is operating on given days.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mexican soldiers on US soil and shooting at BP
View Quote

they're shooting at British Petroleum?????/
View Quote

Only at the heritage Amoco properties, so BP isn't too concerned.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What I do know is using your logic I shouldn't give a crap about illegals from Puerto Rico invading the East Coast. I mean, that's an East Coast problem, right? Can't you people deal with your illegals?

View Quote

While I agree with your sentiments, you should know that Puerto Rico is a United States commonwealth and Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens (though can't vote in presidential elections, apparently).

It's truly a massive tide... [:(]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder if we will see soon the Border Patrol supported by local militia groups and fifth column Mexican Americans spying on the Border Patrol and supporting these Mexican invasions.

View Quote

U.S. Radio stations?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#24]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should be a felony.  
1 KNOWINGLY Endangering a law enforcement officer.
2 Ading and Abetting a criminal
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Road trip anyone?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Check this out, a local talk show host had a gentelam from here on. There is a whole movement by mexicans to claim the southwest and turn it into the united stated of mexico or some damn shit..talk about enraging!!

[url]http://www.americanpatrol.com[/url]
View Quote

People better wake up. These guys even have a [b]web site [/b] [url]http://www.aztlan.net/[/url] that describes the reqonquering of the American Southwest. You'd BETTER believe it.

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well... we may not have to worry too much about an armed invasion if this Professor has anything to say about it.

[url]http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news00/013100_trux.shtml[/url]
View Quote

I like the part by Juan Jose Peña, Hispanic activist and vice chairman of the Hispanic Roundtable: "We discussed the issue then of whether there should be a separate Chicano nation," he said. "I knew armed rebellion would never succeed -- we just didn't have the firepower."

(So if they can get enough firepower...)

"I've studied lots of civilizations. The United States is just like any other empire. It's not going to live forever. Eventually it will break down because of stresses."
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#28]
... and the local San Diego news on this (in a long line of incursions by the mexican military)

[url]www.thesandiegochannel.com/sand/news/stories/news-129733520020311-120346.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#29]
It's only a matter of time before shots are fired.  I hope they shoot first and get their asses kicked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#30]
This is the EXACT reason that America needs to return to an isolationist position.
We need to round up all the illegals, all the "student visa" holders and boot them all out of the country.
The illegals put strains on the economy by using medical centers, collecting unemployment, and sending money back to their countries.
It's time to employ the National gaurd units in the boarder states and allow citizens to be deputized to patrol the boarders.
We are being invaded from the North, South, east, and West, by people who want to sponge off of America.
Time to cut them off.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
There are increasing problems with illegal immigration from Mexico – and I do not want to minimize those problems. However, as a Euro/Gringo who has lived in Mexico for 7 years, I can tell you that the idea that Mexico wants to take over ANY part of the U.S. is the most illogical and UNMITIGATED BULLSHIT I have read on this forum (and that's saying a lot).

EVERY Mexican knows that if they took over any part of the U.S. it would rapidly degenerate into the economic chaos and corruption that typifies of the rest of Mexico and simply raise the latitude they must trespass a reach the 'good life'.

More than anything else, most of the Mexican people want the U.S. to remain (at the very least) exactly as it is – a place that is NOT MEXICAN; a place and a lifestyle they can aspire to, and somewhere they may, one day, escape to – illegally or otherwise!

Contrary to many of the paranoid ravings that have compiled this thread, the Mexicans  would like nothing more than for the U.S. to take over Mexico and bestow on them all the benefits, sense of equal opportunity and social justice that the U.S. can provide. Only their national pride and unique sense of cultural values prevents the majority from admitting this in any public forum. Given the chance, they would jump at the chance to enjoy the lifestyle presented by the most down-at-heel U.S. sitcom, from which they learn most of their English (God help them!).

It does not take 7 years living here to realize this, nor does it take a giant brain to fathom the logic. All it requires is a moments' lucid thought.

Ask yourself, who would want to turn their major hope; their dreams and aspirations for themselves and their kids, into the current reality of a Mexico they are so desperately trying to escape from?

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
...Ask yourself, who would want to turn their major hope; their dreams and aspirations for themselves and their kids, into the current reality of a Mexico they are so desperately trying to escape from?

View Quote

Uh, some idiots in Berkeley?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#33]
It's gonna take a lot of chicklettes to pay for 1 AR let alone a war...Once the real crap hits the fan they will realize all too quick that they messed up...BTW anyone know if they pump their own oil??? the U.S. may have a use for that land after all...
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I know some good people from Mexico. Also a whole mess of scumbags.  I think its the scumbags who want most to come up and fu*& the place up.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Mexico attacking the U.S.?

Get a grip!

That's like Wales attacking Russia!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Get a grip!

View Quote

stcyr, good to see you back.

I didn't know we were under attack from Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
The protection of INTERNATIONAL borders is not a state function, it is a Federal function.  Lighten up on Southerners because you don't know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Get a grip!

View Quote

More like Wales and Scotland attacking England. They have 100 million people now (and much younger on average with a much smaller percentage of arable land). Used to be a fraction of that, and will be 200,000,000 by 2050. As they can't support that population... where do you think the excess will end up?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is the EXACT reason that America needs to return to an isolationist position.
We need to round up all the illegals, all the "student visa" holders and boot them all out of the country.
The illegals put strains on the economy by using medical centers, collecting unemployment, and sending money back to their countries.
It's time to employ the National gaurd units in the boarder states and allow citizens to be deputized to patrol the boarders.
We are being invaded from the North, South, east, and West, by people who want to sponge off of America.
Time to cut them off.

[smoke]
View Quote

Well put!  I live in Northern VA and there are so many illegals here that it seems like little Mexico.  I shudder to think what it is like in the border states.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Remember the Alamo!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Violence isn't the only way to take over a state. All it takes is for a minority group to become the majority. If there are enough mexicans in the southern states eventually they will be able to elect whoever they want and take over. Say goodbye to Texas, Cali., NM, etc. Eventually even the US itself may become a part of Mexico. That's the problem with Mexicans, they can easily breed us out since the inflow is massive. The border needs to be sealed. Bush cares only about his political career not about the future. I hope Laura is with him when he gets capped, which I do expect to happen soon.
View Quote

I hope you aren't making a threat against the President.  If you keep saying things like that you may get a visit from the Secret Service.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a grip!

View Quote

More like Wales and Scotland attacking England. They have 100 million people now (and much younger on average with a much smaller percentage of arable land). Used to be a fraction of that, and will be 200,000,000 by 2050. As they can't support that population... where do you think the excess will end up?
View Quote

For perspective it may help to remember that one city in Mexico, Mexico City, has more people livlng in it than the entire state of Texas.  22,000,000 by last count.  That's a city the size of Houston, 3,500,000 people, more than live in Texas now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are increasing problems with illegal immigration from Mexico – and I do not want to minimize those problems. However, as a Euro/Gringo who has lived in Mexico for 7 years, I can tell you that the idea that Mexico wants to take over ANY part of the U.S. is the most illogical and UNMITIGATED BULLSHIT I have read on this forum (and that's saying a lot).

EVERY Mexican knows that if they took over any part of the U.S. it would rapidly degenerate into the economic chaos and corruption that typifies of the rest of Mexico and simply raise the latitude they must trespass a reach the 'good life'.

More than anything else, most of the Mexican people want the U.S. to remain (at the very least) exactly as it is – a place that is NOT MEXICAN; a place and a lifestyle they can aspire to, and somewhere they may, one day, escape to – illegally or otherwise!

Contrary to many of the paranoid ravings that have compiled this thread, the Mexicans  would like nothing more than for the U.S. to take over Mexico and bestow on them all the benefits, sense of equal opportunity and social justice that the U.S. can provide. Only their national pride and unique sense of cultural values prevents the majority from admitting this in any public forum. Given the chance, they would jump at the chance to enjoy the lifestyle presented by the most down-at-heel U.S. sitcom, from which they learn most of their English (God help them!).

It does not take 7 years living here to realize this, nor does it take a giant brain to fathom the logic. All it requires is a moments' lucid thought.

Ask yourself, who would want to turn their major hope; their dreams and aspirations for themselves and their kids, into the current reality of a Mexico they are so desperately trying to escape from?

View Quote

If what you are saying about Mexicans is true, why would we want any of them here?  If they can't get it together enough to fix what is wrong in Mexico, why would we want them here?  

I bet they would like nothing more than for the U.S. to take them over and bestow upon them all the rights and priveleges of American citizens.  Half the shitholes in the world would like that.  That is not an endearing quality.  The U.S. got to where it is now because a bunch of patriots and heroes decided they were tired of the tyranny and oppression of English rule and they did something about it.  If the mexicans are tired of living under a corrupt system, why don't they do something about it, instead of running away from the problem?

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#44]
[b] Originally posted be arc_angel

I bet they would like nothing more than for the U.S. to take them over and bestow upon them all the rights and priveleges of American citizens. Half the shitholes in the world would like that. That is not an endearing quality. The U.S. got to where it is now because a bunch of patriots and heroes decided they were tired of the tyranny and oppression of English rule and they did something about it. If the mexicans are tired of living under a corrupt system, why don't they do something about it, instead of running away from the problem? [/b]

while i agree with the general sentiment that mexicans (and others) should clean their own house.  it is true that before we threw off the yoke of british tyranny, we crossed borders and seas to try and find freedom and opportunity.  maybe if the mexicans could find someplace with an aboringinal population they could go there, wipe them out and declare independence.  i suggest central africa. [kill]

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I just wanted to link some old post's about this topic.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=54251[/url]

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=31995[/url]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stcyr apeaks a lot of truth here.  Mexico is a country rich in resources and people.  It is also a country where the riches are controlled by a VERY SMALL segment of the population.  The ruling aristocracy in Mexico has been in power so long they have become basically feudal in nature.  Stcyr can address this much better than me.  Mexico does not enjoy a large middle class as we have here in the USA.  There is a middle class of professionals and business people but it's neither large nor powerful.  And the "Peso Crisis" of a few years ago looked to me like a vehicle for ruling class to disenfranchise the nascent entrepreneurial middle class.

I'd have to agree the vast majority of Mexican citizens would rather see their country become more like the USA than have their rulers and government take-over part of the USA.  Citizens of Mexico, especially those living in Mexico City are among the most entrepreneurial (there's that word again) people I've ever met.  Mexico itself is very different from what it's like on the border.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Arock you might be right but when Mexico is getting friendly with Cuba and having Castro there as a guest that is what worries me. Why would Mexico need the U.S.A. If they go commie?

[url]http://www.aztlan.net/mcfriends.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#48]
I can't believe what I'm reading here. Do some of you REALLY believe that Mexico wants to take back its former possesions? What are you guys smoking?
As a Mexican-American myself I can tell you that 99.99999% of us don't want to be part of Mexico or any other country except the US. Don't give me this nonsense about what some stupid professor says. It ain't going to happen.
Come on guys, let's have some common sense.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can't believe what I'm reading here. Do some of you REALLY believe that Mexico wants to take back its former possesions? What are you guys smoking?
As a Mexican-American myself I can tell you that 99.99999% of us don't want to be part of Mexico or any other country except the US. Don't give me this nonsense about what some stupid professor says. It ain't going to happen.
Come on guys, let's have some common sense.

[sniper]
View Quote

br51...I appreciate everything you said.  I do not believe Mexico wants to take back any part of the USA.  That being said, the political power of the Hispanic vote is just now being realized.  In last week's election in Texas over one-third of the total vote was Hispanic.

Hispanic dominance in the Southwest is a fact and what will be done with it is up to the people.  It's not an us/them thing.  Hispanic culture is integral to life here.  Hispanics are not one-tenth of the population, they have always been a much larger, more integrated part of society here in the Southwest.  Always has been whether the media recognized it or not.  If Hispanic politicians want to make it better for everyone, so much the better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Whoever posted this threade needs to put their tinfoil hat back on.
Let's see what happened:
Some Mexican soldiers get lost and accidentally cross the border. BP finds them, everythings cool, they go back. Whats the big deal? Personally I'm for thousands more Mexican Army troops on the border, since that might cut down on the flow of illegals and violence. The story about the shooting (while serious) is TWO YEARS OLD!

I'm sure our boys have gotten lost and accidentally crossed the border before. Should the Spaniards have killed the Brits who missed Gibralter a couple of weeks ago?

And at least the Mexican troops were armed. Today 200 National Guard troops were deployed to the SD border area. UNARMED!!! WTF?!? Who's bright idea was that? Tom "Feels Good" Ridge? Unarmed troops..that should stop about 2 or 3 illegals.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top