Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 2:46:31 PM EDT
Finally received my newest toy this afternoon.  I ordered it back in August if memory serves.  Took a few months to build and I sent in my paperwork on 10/22. heh.  Pending 1/4/02 and Just got it back this week.  Long wait but worth it.

I threw on a cheapo scope, replaced the mag release with an extended one.  Replaced the bolt catch and replaced the trigger.   Then I  went into the backyard to sight it in.  Was wondering why all the damn helicopters were flying over at that exact time.  [:D] What fun.

Here are a few photos.

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p9897b1ee17b1e12e3beb055619d59c49/fdde6bde.jpg[/img]

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p1279f46a9850749ce4b5eddb9510ad3d/fdde6be1.jpg[/img]

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p51208e5e48162c932165d34180591694/fdde6bdd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Cool toy.  Love it.  In fact, love it sooooo much, well........

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=jimmybcool&album_id=59083&image_id=2&courtesy=1[/img]

Hard to see clearly but thar she is in the hands of the wife unit.   Look close to see the can on the end.

I also have the extended mag release, Volq trigger group, e tc.  Most fun ya can have with your clothes on.

Yo, whared them helicopters come from???

James
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
7, you da man!  How does it shoot?  How much sound reduction?  Tried any subsonics vs. supersonics?

Hey Jimmy, my Uzi is here at my FFL/SOT's, I sent in my Form 4 app Monday.  Three months is gonna be a long time to wait, fingers crossed and maybe it'll be a little less than that.  How's the MP5 working out?

BTW I also got a 10/22 last week, this one a 10/22T.  Awaiting scope mount and rings.  No can though, so I am clearly in the back seat to you guys.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Does Triple X make screw on cans?  I would like one that I can use for a 10/22 or my MKII.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]So how do you like it? I've heard Mike does excellent work and he's got great prices to boot. I'll probably get one of his .223 cans in the near future. I wouldn't mind having one of his integral bolt actions either, and the price sure is right.

Here is a pic of my CAC9/10-22 hack job and a curious one year old. It's just a temp solution until my SDS can arrives.[/b]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Ponyboy%2FIM000239%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Yo Chairborne,

Good on you.  UZIs are great.  I bet you have yours before I get my MP5.  Ordered Sep 7.  To date, the transfer from the out-of-state dealer to my local dealer has not happened.  I called the OOS guy and he said his ATF guy is worthless.  So bad he was moved to another job.  Kept losing paperwork etc.  I would be more concerned except the dealer is on the list of "good guys" on Biggerhammer.  of course, until the dealer-dealer transfer is done, MY application doesn't start.  What a crock.

It is driving me crazy.  A few days after I bought the thing I went and bought a supressor for it.  I have the supressor now (well, actually the paperwork is at the Sheriffs office.  No big hurry without the damn gun).

I would have done something else had I known it would take this long.  Bought instate or something.  Six months and my application isn't even into the ATF yet.

James
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does Triple X make screw on cans?  I would like one that I can use for a 10/22 or my MKII.
View Quote

Yes, Mike makes all kinds of stuff. See his site here: [url]www.american-manufacture.com[/url].

I have a Triple-X 223 can sitting at the dealer, showed up last week and a Bowers "MOUT" coming. From the size of the MOUT(6"x1"), though it is for 223, may end up on my 10/22 as something to do.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
It shoot real nice.  Very quiet with subsonics.  With Normal velocity it is still very quiet.  High velocity and yet again, still quiet but a little louder.  This is my first XXX can, my other is a Gemtech M4-96d.  I'll probably get another XXX can (5.56mm) and put that on my 22lr upper.  

This stuff is getting addicting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It shoot real nice.  Very quiet with subsonics.  With Normal velocity it is still very quiet.  High velocity and yet again, still quiet but a little louder.  This is my first XXX can, my other is a Gemtech M4-96d.  I'll probably get another XXX can (5.56mm) and put that on my 22lr upper.  

View Quote

So how do you like that Gemtech ???

I almost bought the shorter 6" "Raptor" can from them...
I'm now looking at getting the longer M4-96D instead...
C3 dealer here keeps 'em in stock...

I've got a CAC9 suppressed M11/9 sitting at my dealer waiting for me to do paperwork...
I wonder how much trouble it would be, and how effective it would be to mount the CAC9 on my Preban AR ???

I'm also thinking of making a SBR out of the preban...
(10-1/2"barrel + M4-96D would look AWESOME)

Is this a case of "once an SBR, always an SBR" ???

Could the gun be put back to 16" & sold as a normal rifle ?

Maybe I'll pose this queston in the legal section...

BTW...

Was Shaggy as bad of an influence on you guys, as he was to me ? [:D]

I never considered C3 until he rolled into Paspecop's place with a Chevy Suburban packed to the headliner with MG's...
Very cool guy indeed...

I don't remember him doing much shooting either...
Most all his guns were shot by us guys [:D]

Hell, he probably spent an hour loading 275 rounds of 22LR into his American 180 drum, only to watch me dump it downrange in 10 seconds...

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got a CAC9 suppressed M11/9 sitting at my dealer waiting for me to do paperwork...
I wonder how much trouble it would be, and how effective it would be to mount the CAC9 on my Preban AR ???

BTW...

I never considered C3 until he rolled into Paspecop's place with a Chevy Suburban packed to the headliner with MG's...
Very cool guy indeed...

Hell, he probably spent an hour loading 275 rounds of 22LR into his American 180 drum, only to watch me dump it downrange in 10 seconds...

View Quote

Remember that even though you register a post ban as a SBR you still cant add a suppressor, flash hider, etc..
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're talking about shooting .223 through a CAC9 then I think you would probably blow it to pieces. It's mostly all aluminum and not designed for the pressure of a .223 round. I would highly advise against it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

BTW...

Very cool guy indeed...

View Quote

Thanks for the kind words Art - I had a great time last summer.   I get as much of a kick out of seeing a full-auto newbie get that shit-eating-grin from dumping a mag or drum downrange as I do dumping rounds downrange myself. I just ordered a Triple-X .223 can  - when it gets here, you me and Howard will have to go give them a try.

When I called Mike to ask about the .223 cans, he mentioned his integral 10-22 units.  Sounds like a really cool little piece; I never really considered one, but I may have to put it on my list of priorities.

Has anyone tried or heard a Triple-X can with .22 (on a 10-22, AR/M16 in .22, AM180?)
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you put a bolt buffer in it?  That thing is sweet.  I can't wait to shoot it with sights. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried or heard a Triple-X can
with .22 (on a 10-22, AR/M16 in .22, AM180?)
View Quote

I put a XXX can on my M16 with the KKF 22lr upper.  Dumped two 30 round mags and it sounded very nice.  Thats why I'm probably going to get a XXX supressor.  

Art..  Gemtech.  I like it but in hindsite I probably should have just bought an XXX.  The bilock is nice but you can only mount it on one rifle.  Unless you buy a few bilocks, you can't use it on different uppers.  It also has a lot of blowback right in your face.  BUT, I'm glad I have it. lol.

PS.  Has Paspecops rescheduled the shoot?  I'm like to get together will all of you "northern" guys again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#15]
What about AWC integrated suppressors on a 10/22?  What is the scoop on them?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#16]
What is the best suppressed 10/22 for the buck?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#17]
More photos

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p48dfaa7d84c83bca0fb17ce3ad286b5e/fdddf7af.jpg[/img]

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p2b8a55c0b53f246f7cb689b3856ffe0b/fdddf7ac.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Sweet gun 7!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm also thinking of making a SBR out of the [red]preban[/red]...

View Quote

Remember that even though you register a post ban as a SBR you still can't add a suppressor, flash hider, etc..
View Quote

I was thinking of doing this only with the [red]preban[/red]...

I wouldn't bother with a post ban 'cuz the whole purpose would be to add a can & keep the length down....
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the best 10/22?

Everyone has a different take on who's the best. But to tell ya the truth it isn’t real difficult to suppress a 10/22,most Mfg.’s get about the same reduction in sound. Price comes in to play with the name i.e. Gemtech, AWC, etc with these guys your looking at 600+ for the suppression and you have to supply the gun. But I can deliver the whole Triple X unit for $600. Always have them in stock, they also have a new bolt action made with the Romanian target rifles. I have one coming to me and from what I'm told all that you can hear is the firing pin, for $350 it's going to a hot seller. John

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I am interested in hearing more about the Romanian trainers. Got any pics?

-Jared
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]
http://www.american-manufacture.com/rifle.JPG
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.american-manufacture.com/rifle.JPG[/img]
View Quote

[url]http://www.american-manufacture.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Drool...  I think I might need one of those too.  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey 7

where you from in Va? I'm next to Lynchburg.  I am just getting into C3 with a vengence.  I've got a XXX can waiting on the F3 now.

I have a SRT suppressed 10/22.  It would be fun to do a side by side comparison.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Hell I'm right down the road from ya in Buckingham County. John
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey 7

where you from in Va? I'm next to Lynchburg.  I am just getting into C3 with a vengence.  I've got a XXX can waiting on the F3 now.

I have a SRT suppressed 10/22.  It would be fun to do a side by side comparison.
View Quote

I'm behind enemy lines, up in Northern VA.  I'll be at the VA subgun shoot this Saturday.  Check the meetings forum for details.  I'll be bringing my AR50L, 10/22 supressed, M16, and whatever I throw in my trailer.

Go see John OLIVER about Class 3.  Plus like he said, he is right down the road.  I have to drive 3 hours each way to get to his place.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Here's my old setup.  Registered Receiver AMT Lightning.  Full auto setup by John Norrell. Laser under barrel w/ switch in grip by me.  Suppressor is a Gemtech Predator (full auto 223)
[img]http://home.cfl.rr.com/c3stuff/norrell/amt-laser.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top