Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2002 6:16:21 AM EDT
Well, this is probably a stupid question for you guys in the know about these kind of things.

How do you stop that bar from popping up when you type in an email address that has all the sites you've ever visited that start with the same letter?

Man that thing annoys me. Doesn't seem handy at all.

I know it can be done, just don't know how. So can somebody tell me what I need to do?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]
In IE, go to [Tools] > [Internet Options...] > [Content] > [Autocomplete] > uncheck "Web addresses"
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
What application are you using when this happens? I have seen it in Outlook Express, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.

If you are talking about web sites then you must mean Intrernet Explorer. It is called auto complete. It is under tools/Internet Options/Content tab/Auto Complete.

Now if you are talking about Outlook express and are referring to email addresses then it is under Tools/options/send tab/ uncheck the Automatic Completion of email addresses when composing.

Hope this helps.

-elliott
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Man that was quick!

I knew somebody here would know. I'll try that and let you know if I still have troubles.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top