Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2002 6:31:57 PM EDT
where do i get one. iowuld like it soon, and im not about to pony up 20$ for one from bushmaster.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
model 1 sales

m@a
Just look in Shotgun News, they usually retail for about $12.00
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
For what its worth, you may want to consider getting the better one.  Its only $20 and this is definitely a "get what you pay for" situation.

I own the Bushmaster heavy duty wrench as well as a much cheaper, much smaller one.  You just can't apply enough torque with the cheesy little cheap ones.  I used to shoot my stock loose all the time until I got the heavy duty one.  It is much bigger, heavier, easier to hold and gets a much more solid hold of those little notches in the ring.  You can really torque down on it and not ever have your stock work loose.

Just my experience, that's all.  Try Brownell's, or check out the AR15 links page:[url]http://www.ar15.com/links/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what kind you're looking for.

I got my M4 Castle wrench (a Colt armorers part) from SAW ([url]www.sawlesales.com[/url]).  IIRC it was bout $35, but fit my Colt M4 stock perfectly and tightened it without marring the finish.

HTH
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
[u][b]DO NOT[/u][/b] get the cheap one! I had it and it bent apply moderate pressure.

I ended up getting the stronger, more expensive one and it works fine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno guys, I had a el cheapo that I got with a telestyled stock I bought a while ago, I've taken off and put on quite a few stocks with it no problems,  BUT when I loaned the sucker out... well let's just say I'm now owed a new spanner wrench.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dunno guys, I had a el cheapo that I got with a telestyled stock I bought a while ago, I've taken off and put on quite a few stocks with it no problems,  BUT when I loaned the sucker out... well let's just say I'm now owed a new spanner wrench.  Go figure.
View Quote

rule #1 if someone wants to borrow yore tele tool, go do the job for em. its cheaper..
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
rule #1 if someone wants to borrow yore tele tool, go do the job for em. its cheaper..
View Quote

LOL! agreed, but timing was a problem.  The stock was in transit and we work different shifts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#8]
If you know a car mechanic, have him pick up a Blue Point APS351B 1/8" pin spanner from the Snap-On guy... not cheap, but worth owning if you work on your own weapons.

A cheap expedient is to use a 1/8" pin punch inserted into the locking-ring hole; tap on it sideways (in the direction of turning) with a small hammer. I concur: the el-cheapo telestock wrenches are for the birds.

FITTER out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top