Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2002 5:14:38 PM EDT
ok guys and gals,i need to vent....

after a 3 week wait, finally got the call from my local dealer, "your BM M4 is here."

get on the highway for what should be an uneventful 20 minute drive.  not 5 minutes into the trip...KABOOM!!!!!!!

a cement truck lost it's ENTIRE engine onto the highway. i was one of the luck 4 cars to hit a piece head-on with my left, front tire.

completely totalled the tire and rim...2 1/2 hours later, after Florida Highway Patrol are finished, get wrecker service.

finally go get rifle. get home to put on all my accessories i bought while waiting the 3 weeks for delivery.

for the life of me, cannot get the damned tactical sling figured out correctly.  have fricking straps hanging everywhere, all twisted, and not even secured correctly i am sure! [:)]

and, my eyes are having a problem picking up/focusing on the trijicon reflex ii optic.

i have to spend about 10 or 15 minutes looking thru it, off and on, before my eyes can clearly and quickly acquire the reticle.  otherwise i just see a fuzzy "blob" floating over the front sight.

AND the damned Discreet Carrying Case for Carbines in the Bushmaster catalog DOES NOT fit the model XM15 E2S M4 A3, WHICH IS A CARBINE!!

so now i have to exchange that also!!!!!!

aaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

i am going insane!!!!  and have not even fired one round yet!!

ok, i'm done...thanx for listening.....and laughing and snickering too, i'm sure!  hahahah

[:(!]  [:(!]  [:(!]

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
So, what piece(s) of the truck/engine did you hit, and did you keep them for trophies?  [:D]

CJ
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It could be alot worse dude. You could be me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I can explain a few of your problems...

1. The carbine case is designed for a PREBAN collapsable stock. Obviously yours won't collapse so you need to go with the case for a 16" carbine with fixed buttstock.

2. The reflex II sight works by gathering light. If you take it out in broad daylight you will see it. I'm hoping you bought the triangle reticle as it is most prominent. But in low light it is not as perceptible. The upside is there are no batteries to die.

Can't help you with the sling, too many different models out there. But you'd think a good one would come with instructions.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Go shoot your rifle...

That ALWAYS makes me feel better... [:D]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have concluded that "tactical sling" refers to a sling which is not actually intended to be used because no one has figured out how it works.  At least, that has been my experience with them.

What you want to buy is one of the other kind of slings, the so-called "practical slings".  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
...lol...sounds like true and good advice.....

VA-Gunnut - sling is the Blackhawk Swift Sling

cmjohnson - didn't get to keep any of the pieces but what I hit was a chunk of crankshaft.

Steyr - yeah, going to exchange it for another case on monday.  oddly enough, i am having the opposite experience with the reflex ii.  in average or low light, my eyes just are not focusing on the reticle (12.5moa)  but in pitch black dark room, or at night outside, i see it perfectly! [;)]  go figure!!

Dragracer - i am headed out on sunday to heat up the barrel a little!

marvl - getting ready to tie some 550 Cord and pretend i am going thru R.I.P. again.

Pangea - lol..perfect answer..think i cracked a smile!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...lol...sounds like true and good advice.....

VA-Gunnut - sling is the Blackhawk Swift Sling

View Quote
I also had a hard time with my swift sling, But I really kinda like it.
the short tab goes through the front  swivel, then wrap the long velcro strap around the handguards. This is the only problem..the end of the strap terminates on the bottom right, exactly where your hand goes.
Then just lay the sling along the rifle, and then run the single strap through the 2 slots on the buttstock. Then you can start on the adjustments!!!

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... i am having the opposite experience with the reflex ii.  in average or low light, my eyes just are not focusing on the reticle (12.5moa)  but in pitch black dark room, or at night outside, i see it perfectly! [;)]  
View Quote

The Trijicon Reflex II with the triangle takes a little bit of getting used to if you haven't used their reticles before.  Your eyes will train soon if you practice with it.  At first I kept getting the "double-vision" triangle, but now I love it.

Pitch black or daylight, no problems.  Some say they wash out with direct harsh light, but I haven't had that happen yet.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#10]
next time...

1. take the bus
2. use the carry handle
3. buy a pro-point
4. pick up the weapon,then buy a case

life is as complicated as you make it.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes the frustration is worth it.  When you finally get all your accessories together you'll enjoy your rifle.

Have fun, and don't worry... it'll be better just as soon as you start squeezing off some rounds!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you strain your back in the crash? Most trucking companies carry a lot of insurance. The problem with the sight is most likely a problem with your eyes as a result of the impact. Man, you got another new rifle coming.

My niece crashed head on into a car engine and got a new house.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
It's not you're imagination.  The reticle on the Reflex II is hard to pickup sometimes.  This is especially true if you're in a darker area and you're aiming into a bright area.  The only thing I find that helps that is to use the included polarizer and darken the Reflex window so that the reticle is easier to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top