Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 3:56:33 PM EDT
I recently had a deal go South...

I value the opinions here tremendously...

This is very small potatoes, but is now a thing of principle with me...

I could care less anymore about the screwing I feel I got, just wanted a few opinions on how you guys would have handled this...

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=93025[/url]

THANKS !

ART
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS considers the buffer tube a "Receiver/Trigger Guard" part, not a part of the stock, and so does Fulton Armory apparently.

[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&ObjectGroup_ID=1247&CATID=508[/url]

Pic:
[url]http://www.fulton-armory.com/Buttstock.htm[/url]

OTOH, Bushmaster sells their A2 buttstock kit with a buffer tube for $74.95, or separately for $14.95.

So, depending on how you want to look at it, you're BOTH "right".  I'm a firm believer in giving good customer service, but also in being a serviceable customer.

Good luck!

(edited for clarity...)
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd personally chalk it up to miscommunication, either get your money back as he has offered to do or lower the tone and see if you can get the buffer tube, and move on. His ad could have been worded a lot better, but you did get what was advertised.

This is why I always ask questions, verify precisely what is being transacted, and save the e-mails until the transaction has been completed to my satisfaction.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know.  Could go either way.

You've got mail.

Edited to add;

I'ld say you paid a fair price for what you got.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
As a buyer I would have made sure what was included in the "complete" assy. before I made an agreement with the seller.  From the other thread I see he's offered to send you your $$ back, take it and eat the shipping.  My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have always considered a complete stock assembly to include the tube myself. I don't think my opinion is going to help you though. [;)]
View Quote

My sentiments exactly.  If I were selling such an item, Id be sure to make it perfectly clear the tube was not included.  It sounds like an honest mistake but he could have worded his ad better to avoid confusion.

Shit, if you needed a complete stock you should have just emailed me - you know I'd set you up, Art.  If you still need a tube though, let me know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, I should have "read between the lines"

I never even thought of asking if ALL the parts were included in the "A2 buttstock complete"

$45 is a good price for a complete buttstock...
I see them all the time at gunshows for $50-$55 bucks...

Clever omission of important facts, is what frosted me...

I could have EASILY been worded:

"A2 buttsock complete LESS buffer tube"

I counted the word "COMPLETE" several times between the title & the ad...  

Not a big deal, just principle now...
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I guess if it were me I would chalk it up to bad communication and try to find a good price on a tube...
View Quote

Done...
Thanks Halfcocked, check is in the mail [:D]

I just want to add, for those who feel the price was right for what I got...

I will respectfully disagree, as I don't go to the equipment exchange to pay retail on a private sale...

I asked for your opinions and appreciate the perspectives you guys offer...
It has humbled my opinion a bit on the deal...
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I read the ad and would sure as hell expect the buffer tube as well since he specified complete with buffer, etc. My 2 cents but i would have been pissed also.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I asked for your opinions and appreciate the perspectives you guys offer...
It has humbled my opinion a bit on the deal...
View Quote

Damn Art... glad to see someone who can look at other's perspectives and not flip out.  You've got class, man.

BTW, I thought you were right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#12]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=93025[/url]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#13]
"For Sale A2 stock complete with buffer/&spacer, action spring, screws,sling mount and trapdoor pad. This came in a A2 16" complete minus lower receiver kit."

And from the same message "I already had a stock which came with my complete lower i bought(DPMS)"

And since it is demonstrable that DPMS considers the buffer tube to be part of the "Receiver/Trigger Guard" and since a complete itemization of items for sale (which the buffer tube was not included in), I would say that you were out of line expecting the buffer tube.  What was listed was for sale, your hopes or wants for otherwise not withstanding.

Suck it up, and realize that you were at fault, not the seller.

I would have to come down on mjacvn71's side on this one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#14]
OK, $.02:

I don't think [b]ANYONE[/b] is truly "at fault" here.  This is clearly a case of two people with a different understanding of a situation.  I can't for the life of me see any devious or malicious intent on either side.  As the man once said: "Shit Happens!"
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:31:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#17]
In my experience, when buying stocks they historically come with buffers and springs, but not a buffer tube, which is considered more of an appendage to the receiver rather than the stock.  Why?  Not sure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Like I said before, so far, every time I've bought one, I was asked:

"Do you want just the stock, or do you want it complete with buffer & tube ?"

This is the first of at least a dozen stocks I've bought, that didn't come with  tube...

Not an issue to me anymore, just water under the dam now...
Kevin locked the thread over there so the debate is squashed...

I was actually emailed by another member here, and offered a brand new buffer tube for free !!!

Can you believe that !!!

The nerve of some people, offering to give away perfectly good stuff for free !!! [:D]

I refused the freebie, but did offer to pay a fair price for it...

We struck a deal with only 3 emails...

Halfcocked,

...YOU  DA  MAN !

THANKS !!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I locked it only because what's left to say would only be piling on of statements that have already been made.  It wasn't about choosing any sides just more about getting back to the bargain hunting is all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top