Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 8:21:23 PM EDT
There is a popular misconception that the military is mostly rural midwesterners and Southerners.  I remember seeing a map/graphic here on ARFcom a while back which showed either a by-state breakdown of people serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, or the casualties by state.  Anyway, it went against this myth, and pretty much showed that the cities/areas with the biggest population were the ones sending the most to war, and thus having the most casualties.  

Anyone remember that?  Or can think of some good search terms?  I've tried googling.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the Army Times had one awhile back broken down by location, age, sex, race, etc. I think the most casualties at that time were 17-21 yr old white males from CA. Trying to find it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
StateMaster.com seems to have a lot of info like that.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have Google Earth, you can try this.

http://www.mapthefallen.org/
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#4]
For a while one county over had the most (Bucks County PA).
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
another myth seems to be that only poor people join the army.........and especially the infantry. wasn't my experience. in my platoon in basic we had a few kids whose parents were very wealthy. there were a few guys who were dirt poor, but for the most part most of the guys were middle to upper middle class.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
# 1    California:255
# 2    Texas:222
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top