Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 2:51:01 PM EDT
Bank Robbery Training

Banks and credit unions offer bank robbery training to all of their employees. Consumers should also know what to do during a bank robbery. This page is intended to help you take the right actions during a bank robbery.

http://banking.about.com/od/securityandsafety/a/bankrobbery.htm

I am just curious what kind of training the employees get. Has anyone here gone through their employers training? If so how was it? What did you do/learn? Is it confidential?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought bank robbery training involved putting your hands up and doing everything the perp tells you to do.  What more is there to say than that?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought bank robbery training involved putting your hands up and doing everything the perp tells you to do.  What more is there to say than that?

Asking to use the bathroom?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Receiving a shot to the face?

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what they tell you: "Don't be a hero"  
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
A girl I know worked for a bank down town Saint Paul MN and was robbed at Butterknife point they gave him the money
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A girl I know worked for a bank down town Saint Paul MN and was robbed at Butterknife point they gave him the money

do you know if the dude was ever caught?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn it, I clicked thinking I could use a few extra bucks
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you know if the dude was ever caught?

I do believe he was caught in the Sky Way still. Believe it or not a person that robs a bank with a butter knife is not the sharpest knife in the drawer Also the undisclosed amount was less than $1000.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
bump for more answers and details
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I though they were supposed to urinate or jack off on the robber now. At least that's what they do in Australia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top