Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 11:39:49 AM EDT
I stopped in the local Cabelas earlier today, and they had an exc Taurus PT100 with box, and 2 sets of factory grips [1 set rubber, 1 set wood] (Beretta 96-ish clone in .40) tagged at a bargain price. The gun looks really clean and felt surpringly good in my hand, so put it on lay-a-way (not that I don't have the money, I just couldn't take it home at the moment). I swore off Taurus a while ago- after I had a bad experience with their CS and I never really wanted a .40- but that's not a biggy, because ammo seems to be more available and not too much more than 9mm. And, the safety placement is really nice. Is my Taurus compatible with Beretta 96 mags? Is it compatible with any other Beretta parts or accys? Anything good bad or other that I need to know about it?

Actually, I've been thinking- I do have a decent quantity of range pick-up once fired .40 S&W brass. It looks like Mastercast has a great price on 180gr lead flat nose, if I supply the cases. Lead bullets don't bother me. Should I expect any problems feeding cast flat nose bullets with the Taurus? They have standard rifling, so shooting lead won't be a problem either. I have shot mastercast 147 TMJ subsonics in my 6906 without issue....

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a PT101 (the adj. sight version) about ten years ago and foolishly traded it for the flavor of the month. It shot very well. I used it to deplete my stock of Bull-X 170 gr lead boolits. Although it was a bit thick for comfortable ccw use I always carried mine as a hunting back up. I don't know about the Beretta mag question sorry. Have fun with it!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The story I heard...the foundry that Taurus acquired was established by Beretta to manufacture model 92s for the Brazilian military. While other Taurus products may be questionable, the Beretta clones are 1st rate.
I don't have a PT100, but none of my other 40S&Ws have ever had a problem feeding truncated cone bullets.

For my PT92, the mag catch cut on the Taurus is in a different location than the Beretta 92. IOW, the mags do not interchange.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I found an interesting chart that itemizes part-interchangeability for the Taurus 92/99 9mm's.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3839.0;wap2

I'll have to see if its compatible when I pick it up. LE trade in Beretta 96 mags are about half the price of Taurus mags, so hopefully it will be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top