Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2010 6:53:09 PM EDT

Big fan of his first album. I don't know about this one, it's all backed
by a symphony.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't get past his left wing agenda.Edit...normally it would not bug me,but this dude is extreme.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't get past his left wing agenda.

I don't know much about him other than listening to System of a Down. What are his so called crazy beliefs?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Edit...normally it would not bug me,but this dude is extreme.
He is one of my favorite artists but his political views do make me go
. I try to forget about it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know much about him other than listening to System of a Down. What are his so called crazy beliefs?

Well,for one he thinks all handguns should be banned,if you listen to the SOAD lyrics you will hear all kinds of snarky comments regarding our military,those are a couple off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch the video on the right and draw your own conclusions. I killed it once i saw the two block towers and the plane but I'm going to assume all the kids die in the video or some other dumb shit. Guy is a tinfoil fucktard of epic proportions.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even think the guy is a leftist.  He was just against the war in Iraq, so the Bush fan-boys get their panties in a bind.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well,for one he thinks all handguns should be banned,if you listen to the SOAD lyrics you will hear all kinds of snarky comments regarding our military,those are a couple off the top of my head.

He's a d-bag if that's true, but I've seen nothing substantiating that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You gotta remember most artists are nuts. They aren't famous due to anything other than the discipline they excel at

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around about the time Toxicity came out,there was a article in rolling stone where he and Darin said that.OP,I apologize I was not trying to crap in your thread.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Worst singer EVER. Seriously. You guys must like the sound of special needs primates getting their balls sanded off with cheese graters or something
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't the dude from Beirut?  Yeah, he is likely going to have a negative opinion of us.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Fairly certain he hates cops, that should yeild him a fanclub here.  Mr. Jack

A cop hater wanting guns banned seems to be counter-intuitive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around about the time Toxicity came out,there was a article in rolling stone where he and Darin said that.OP,I apologize I was not trying to crap in your thread.

Understood.
He's an idiot then.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#14]
His 1st album was so embarassingly awful I won't even bother with anything else he puts out unless we get a SOAD reunion. I don't understand how Scars On Broadway (their guitarist's band) owns so hard, yet Serj sucks so bad

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree that he has come crazy ideas, but damn I love the way he and System sound! I've never bought any of their CDs or anything (try not to support them), but I will admit I'll rock it if it's on the radio. I did see System live a couple years ago, they were playing with one of my favorite bands, The Mars Volta, and so I guess I supported them a bit by buying a ticket, but I was really their for Volta. I'll admit it was an awesome fuckin show!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I agree that he has come crazy ideas, but damn I love the way he and System sound! I've never bought any of their CDs or anything (try not to support them), but I will admit I'll rock it if it's on the radio. I did see System live a couple years ago, they were playing with one of my favorite bands, The Mars Volta, and so I guess I supported them a bit by buying a ticket, but I was really their for Volta. I'll admit it was an awesome fuckin show!

Saw that tour in 2005. best concert I've ever been to. SOAD's lyrics are mostly written in regards to their government in Armenia...

I can get past the lyrics because I really, really like their style. SOAD is still my favorite band, moonbats or not.

[#17]
computer went full retard, sorry

[#18]

[#19]

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#20]
While I despise the politics of many musicians, and in some instances, actual groups...I still enjoy SOAD and RATM.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw that tour in 2005. best concert I've ever been to. SOAD's lyrics
are mostly written in regards to their government in Armenia...

I can get past the lyrics because I really, really like their style. SOAD is still my favorite band, moonbats or not.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Why don't presidents fight the war? why do they always send the poor?"

One of the stupidest lines in music, right behind some of the things axl rose says.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#23]
When I'd go on raids I'd listen to "Going to Build a Prison".  It made me laugh.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I like some SOAD music and a few of Serj's songs.  With that said I hate his political views and have no problems or guilt when downloading their music.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top