Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:52:10 AM EDT
Video Link

Wisconsin police have released dashcam video of a chase that ended with a suspect being shot and killed. WQOW reports. (Video)

Story
By WEAU

Rusk Count, WI –– Newly released police squad car video shows officers involved in a raging October gun battle with a bank robbery suspect in Rusk County, Wisconsin.

The shooting happened after a bank robbery in nearby Exeland.

The Rusk County sheriff says two deputies and a game warden exchanged gunfire with 50-year-old Rudolph Frenzer.

Frenzer was a suspect in the robbery, and was killed in the gunfire exchange.

According to the sheriff, the officers acted in a courageous manner to put themselves in harms way.

Two other men were arrested in the robbery.

Good shoot.  Easy to back seat drive this video though.  You can clearly pick out the cops who's training kicked in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#1]
you weren't kidding one guy was shitting his pants behind the SUV, while the other guy is walking right towards the perp firing like crazy!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, school me, seriously. WHich cop had training? The one taking cover behind the car? Because that would have been me
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]

I saw this earlier. The officer in the front SUV appeared to have a little difficulty in drawing his weapon.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Video Link

Wisconsin police have released dashcam video of a chase that ended with a suspect being shot and killed. WQOW reports. (Video)

Story
By WEAU

Rusk Count, WI –– Newly released police squad car video shows officers involved in a raging October gun battle with a bank robbery suspect in Rusk County, Wisconsin.

The shooting happened after a bank robbery in nearby Exeland.

The Rusk County sheriff says two deputies and a game warden exchanged gunfire with 50-year-old Rudolph Frenzer.

Frenzer was a suspect in the robbery, and was killed in the gunfire exchange.

According to the sheriff, the officers acted in a courageous manner to put themselves in harms way.

Two other men were arrested in the robbery.

Good shoot.  Easy to back seat drive this video though.  You can clearly pick out the cops who's training kicked in.

I kinda laughed when he said shots fired!

Then later he says, Hes got a gun!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Haha, did you see that officer hide when the DNR guy came up shooting from behind? I can laugh because they were safe, and I'd have probably done the same thing. Tunnel vision and all, he probably didn't even see him.

Oh, and I'm glad they killed the SOB.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]

That one nearest the camera was letting 'er rip to slide lock.

Seems like a warranted use of deadly force.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I saw this earlier. The officer in the front SUV appeared to have a little difficulty in drawing his weapon.

Yeah, caught that too.....

Oh well....Good guys live, bad guy dead.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Redacted. I was wrong. Dash cam video was from the DNR Warden's truck. The white SUV was from the SO.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I noticed that, I would definately seek a better holster setup if I was that officer.  If the kid came out of the car shooting, he could have had some serious issues.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The officer who was moving up on the guy had some training.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Was the active shooter a so or dnr?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ETA: My initial observations were wrong. The dash cam video was from the DNR. The white SUV and car were the deputies (you'll notice the officers from the SUV and car are wearing the same uniform, but the guy that got out of the truck shooting has a different uniform).

Here's a news report that identifies the video as "Courtesy of WI DNR"

Updated: 10:30 PM Mar 3, 2010

Officer talks about deadly shooting captured on dash cam

A DNR warden involved in a deadly shooting after an armed bank robbery says training kicked in and he says that's what saved the officers' lives.

The Rusk County Sheriff says two deputies and a DNR warden exchanged gunfire with 50-year-old Rudolph Frenzer in October near Bruce.

Conservation Warden Jeremy Peery says he was sitting at his desk when he heard radio traffic about the robbery. He says he volunteered to join the search for the suspects because he knows there aren't many officers patrolling the county.

He says the from start to finish the chase all happened in a matter of minutes.

"Any day you come out of a gunfight without any holes in you is a good day," says Peery.

The dash cam video show Frenzer shoot at Peery's truck and later the warden come out of his truck shooting.

"I think I did what any law enforcement officer would have done in my situation," says Peery. "I don't remember thinking about anything that was going on other than I gotta get this guy stopped before he hurts somebody."

Peery says he's been a warden for more than a decade but that he's never been in a situation like this.

"The fear and other emotions don't set in until after the adrenaline wears off, at the time you’re in that situation our department has such great training program to where it was all basically autopilot," says Peery.

The shooting happened not too far from Bruce around the time when school was getting out. Peery says the deputies bravely stopped Frenzer before he got to town.

"Knowing that he had stopped and fired shots at me, had a handgun and was willing to use it, for them to get that up close and personal with him to get him stopped was truly heroic," Peery says.

He says even with all his training he's relieved he was able to make it home to his family but that October day near Bruce will stick with him because Rudolph Frenzer was killed.

"It's an unfortunate situation when you have to be put in a spot to have to take a life," says Peery. "It's one of those things you train for just hoping that you never have to deal with it, but if the times comes then I'll step up to that call because hat's what the people of Wisconsin expect of me and that's what I get paid to do."

Rusk County Sheriff David Kaminski says the officers acted in a courageous manner to put themselves in harms way. The deputies and Warden Peery were cleared in the shooting. Investigators say they acted reasonably.

In January, a federal grand jury indicted 22-year old Robert McCallie and 19-year-old Steven Willard for their role in the bank robbery in Exeland. If convicted, McCallie and Willard face more than 30 years in federal prison.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
The deputy who was driving the expedition needs some more training. It looks like he was unable to draw his weapon in a timely manner. The Warden on the other hand looked like he performed very well. I wonder how many rnds were shot and how many hit their intended target.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

WI DNR

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#18]
The DNR guy was really letting it rip at the BG. I think I counted 7 going off in one continuous roll once he came around the front of his truck. Anybody know what caliber they (DNR) use?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The deputy who was driving the expedition needs some more training. It looks like he was unable to draw his weapon in a timely manner. The Warden on the other hand looked like he performed very well. I wonder how many rnds were shot and how many hit their intended target.

I've trained with him, he seemed pretty squared but maybe a little too laid back.

Also, something to take into account unrelated to that.  Rusk county is very rural.  For several hours a night that Officer is the only county deputy working...which is why he probably jumped a little when he heard the gunfire behind him...not used to having much help.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Tagged for home view.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Suprise no one used a shotgun or rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Suprise no one used a shotgun or rifle.

No time to pull it out.

The twig pig did good and stayed agressive the whole time.  Cover and concealment is great and all but keeping the bad guy on the defensive until the threat is reduced is how it's done.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I would dare to say a LOT of trouble !

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ok, school me, seriously. WHich cop had training? The one taking cover behind the car? Because that would have been me

Sheetmetal isn't cover, unless the BG is using airsoft.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Not only that, but he bolted back behind the SUV while Peery was right out in the open, moving down range while firing. Of course, I was not there so I don't know where the suspect was aiming. So the SUV Deputy might have been the "decoy" while Peery light his ass up... or he was perhaps a bit cowardly.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#27]
That's cruel. They should have shot the gun out of his hand, and nobody would have been hurt.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Fatty had some trouble with his holster.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#29]
See the cop getting out of the white SUV have trouble getting his weapon un-holstered? That guy would have been KIA if that were a 1-1 face to face.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#30]
In before some retard comes in to talk about the robber's civil rights.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like he got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#32]
SERPA Level 3 fail.

Needs more training or a better holster.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

THIS.  And hell of control on that muzzle, too...it hardly recoils at all, wow.  What was he shooting, .22 shorts??  lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheetmetal isn't cover, unless the BG is using airsoft.

BG was probably using a small cal. handgun and thats just as bad, dont dent my car bro!

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Good shoot, glad the officers weren't hurt.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Can also look at it this way...the SUV officer might have dunked back behind the SUV because of shots coming from BEHIND him.  I wouldn't want to jump into someone's line of fire either.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Don't fuck with possum cops.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
SERPA Level 3 fail.

Needs more training or a better holster.

You must have awesome eyes. No way in hell can you tell that is a Serpa, but whatever holster he does need more practice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Good night.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice!

I love BG's getting what they deserve.

HH
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I wouldve had my firearm drawn an ready  before i excted the vehicle but then again I have no idea how they are trained to handle that situation.  Overall I think they did a helluva job!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Look carefully and you'll see brass arcing up into the air from that one guys weapon!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#43]
man the dash cam cop almost unloaded his whole clip on him
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Funny, it looked like a handgun and not an M1 Garand to me.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

oh! no you din't!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#47]

good stuff

though i would like a camera view of the rounds impacting the perp's car and body.  for educational purposes only of course

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh! no you din't!!!

Thirty seconds, motherfucker!

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
man the dash cam cop almost unloaded his whole clip magazine on him

There I fixed it for ya!

Were the shots fired at the start of the stop from the SO? There were defiantly shots coming from that way but you can't see the officer from that car.

*edit* wow beat by 3 people...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Good shoot shots!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top