Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2010 7:09:15 AM EDT
I have no experience with them and my car needs some new rubber.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

In a word, yes.

I've run Kumhos on several cars for many years.  

High performance, all season, all terrain: I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Its all I will put on the GF's car ..... they have the longest mileage rating.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes they do.I've sold quite a few around here over the years with no problems.For the price,they are a good tire.

Personally,I push American made,but the customer is always right.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
just put some on my 4runner.  the road venture a/t's.  good tire.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Had them on the front of a used Accord I bought 20 (YIKES!) years ago.

Boy were they sticky!!!  

ETA:  I'm becoming a fan of Hankooks for the cheap stuff.  For the $$, they seem to perform, and hold up pretty well.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Put them on the wifes Toyota no problems when there were no BFGs to be found, good wear, and they have good rain stability.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its all I will put on the GF's car ..... they have the longest mileage rating.

+1

They are hard as rocks.  I have some on my 87 camaro. I have not left a stop light without spinning them.  Corners...spinning.  I can NOT wear the bastards out.   I have put 20k miles on the tires, and they were used when I got them.  They still have another year or more of tread left on them.

I have literally abused them with the hope that they would wear down enough to justify replacing them with something with better grip (crazy logic, I know).

The downside is they do not have much grip when stopping either.  Plan ahead.  Long tread wear means less grip.

TRG
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
just put some on my 4runner.  the road venture a/t's.  good tire.

I'm putting the second set of those on my Xterra next month.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Running a set on my F-150 and love them. Way better than the Goodyears that were OEM.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I have my eyes on these but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on 'em.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+ASX&partnum=355WR7EASX
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Have used them a few times. No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
My friend put them on a car and hated them... he later sold the car to me, and I swear they were the worst tires I've ever had.  Though, I guess anyone can make a high-mileage tire that has no traction whatsoever.  They had rain-traction even when it was dry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have my eyes on these but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on 'em.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+ASX&partnum=355WR7EASX

Fantastic tire.  I ran those on my Maxima and I'm ordering a set soon for my BMW.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Running a set on my F-150 and love them. Way better than the Goodyears that were OEM.

I wouldn't put a set of goodyears on my car if they were free.

I take that back, I would - and I'd video tape a smokey burnout in my drive and then post it here. Pop!

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a word, yes.

I've run Kumhos on several cars for many years.  

I have no complaints.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Good tire for the money.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a set of the Road Venutre AT on my F150 with only about 7000 miles on them and they would not grip at all in snow even with weight in the back.  I am in the process of picking out new tires now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Put a cheap set on my Accord last week. I think they're rated to 85k, and have a full warranty for the first 25% of their life. Can't argue with the price, as this is just a commuter car and I'm planning on selling it in the next month or so.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a set of the Road Venutre AT on my F150 with only about 7000 miles on them and they would not grip at all in snow even with weight in the back.  I am in the process of picking out new tires now.

True, the ATs aren't siped enough for good snow grip.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Put a cheap set on my Accord last week. I think they're rated to 85k, and have a full warranty for the first 25% of their life. Can't argue with the price, as this is just a commuter car and I'm planning on selling it in the next month or so.

snow traction SUCKS... but wet traction is AWESOME

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

snow traction SUCKS... but wet traction is AWESOME

How do you know which model tire he's posting about?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yes they do.I've sold quite a few around here over the years with no problems.For the price,they are a good tire.

Personally,I push American made,but the customer is always right.

The only American made tire being Cooper tires?

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a pair of the run flats on the MINI. Seems to work pretty well. Getting another pair soon when the last two Goodyears wear out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I've had Kuhmo Ecstas on 2 of my trucks, great tires...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Dunlop SP20's. Great tire, great price.

Great wet weather traction too.

I think they are 55,000 mile rated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top