Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2010 6:30:29 AM EDT
Just recieved a notice from The US Dept. of Commerce.

About one week from now, you will receive a 2010 Census Form in the mail. When you receive your form, please fill it out and send it in promply.

Your response is important. Results from the 2010 Census will be used to help each community get its fair share of government funds for highway, schools, health facilities, and many other programs you and your neighbors need. Without a complete, accurate census, your community may not recieve its fair share.

This will be interesting...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I AM AMERICAN.

I AM AMERICAN
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Got mine yesterday. With all of our wastefull spending I was delighted to come home from working all day trying to find cost cutting measures to find out the government sent me a letter to tell me they are going to send me another letter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. I got my notification yesterday too.

That sure is a lot of postage money to tell me I'm getting it next week.

WTF am I supposed to do now? Wait with bated breath for it?  It is like a fancy "save the date" card for a wedding.  If I received a save the date card, then I am already on the guest list. How about you save your money and just send the invitation?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got mine yesterday. With all of our wastefull spending I was delighted to come home from working all day trying to find cost cutting measures to find out the government sent me a letter to tell me they are going to send me another letter.

First thing I thought when I got mine.Stupid motherfuckers...........

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the letter and the packet. It quickly made it's way into the garbage.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First thing I thought when I got mine.Stupid motherfuckers...........

+2. Stupid pieces of shit.  A letter to prep me for another letter. You gotta be shitting me. try that in the real world.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#9]
i got mine yesterday, also.  i just shook my head at the thought of every home in america getting a letter to warn them about getting a letter.  then thinking, 'how much does it cost to sent a letter to every one... then do it again'
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#10]
From Wikipedia

A rule of thumb for census costs in developing countries has been $1 USD per enumerated person. More realistic figures today are around $3 USD.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#11]
As," Cash for Clunkers" was to the UAW, the "Letter to notify you we're sending you a letter", is to the USPS.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really hoping he's talking about an information packet and not the actual census.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Waste millions of dollars just to let us know what will be coming in the mail, which will cost millions of dollars.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#14]

I've said it before and I'll say it here.

If you're in a red state, it behooves you to ensure that you're counted.

Your political representation in the House of Representatives is based on population.

You know - the same guys that are deciding the future of your health care right now.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Just talk to NH_AR_Shooter..

He got the same letter..

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've said it before and I'll say it here.

If you're in a red state, it behooves you to ensure that you're counted.

Your political representation in the House of Representatives is based on population.

You know - the same guys that are deciding the future of your health care right now.

So with that thinking in mind, if you live in a solid blue part, you should try to not be counted so that area has less representation.

PS I agree with you
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#17]
So let me get this straight....

All you really have to give out to the census is ..

number of people in the house and their ages?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I got a notice telling me I'll get a form soon also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1!!!
Why waste all this money we don't have! Something to help out the USPS? 100 million households is a lot of stamps I guess. Plus whichever printing company got to charge the goverment $5 each for the envelope & insert, and mailing services
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#21]
got mine yesterday...
big waste of postage
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

got mine yesterday...

big waste of postage

Same here.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Just thought I'd share:

I'm so glad they printed all the different foreign languages on there seeing as how we are such a diverse nation.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I just got mine today.  It looks like it'll arrive while I'm home for my brother's wedding.  I'll fill out the required portions when I get back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top